Burning Hot Battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc1fa6591
New

United States

Hello DJI forum, recently I purchased a phantom 3 Advanced and an additional battery to go with it. I took it out for the miaden flight today and everything went well except for something that worries me. I was flying on a clear day with minor winds and when I brought the drone down at 35% battery remaining the motors were really hot to the touch. Then when I pulled the battery out it was insanely hot. I could not even hold my finger on the battery for 3 seconds without burning myself. I come from flying race drones and my LiPos never got close to hot, they get just barely warm. I thought this might be a battery issue so I flew the second battery and after landing it at 35% battery. I pulled out the battery and again searing hot temperature. Is this normal? seems like this kind of temperature cannot be good for the battery pack.

2017-4-28
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I have never had my batteries get that hot...... somthing is not right there.

You better send you're flight logs to DJI support..... they will be able to advice you further.
http://www.dji.com/support

Here is the last 18 flights on my phantom 4 pro

Different environment but.... what you explain is not the normal in any environment
IMG_0428.PNG
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules