Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994990 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everyone here is my situation,

I sent my mavic repair (in warranty) for an error on the ultra sensor. Once repaired and came back to me, as soon as I opened the box I noticed that they had engraved the front of the drone! A sharp and deep engraving. I then pushed the drone back again for another repair. Now the assistance tells me that I have done the damage and that I have to pay the repair 66 euro. Damage I did not do! They did it! This is a fraud. Please help me somehow. Thank you all for your help.

Immagine5.jpg
Immagine.jpg
2017-4-29
Use props
keon718nyc
lvl.1
United States

That sucks but if its not cracked and not such a big area why not just 3M sticker it up to your liking and call it a day rather then go back and fourth with DJI as it may not get you anywhere as it seems...
2017-4-29
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Yeah but when you pay a lot of money on something you want it mint condition.
2017-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Send it back, it's not the first shabby return to be sent out, and I wouldn't pay another cent..
2017-4-29
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

This is what the DJI said
fraud.png
2017-4-29
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-29 07:32
Send it back, it's not the first shabby return to be sent out, and I wouldn't pay another cent..

look here at this screenshot. this is a fraud
2017-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansdfff9046 Posted at 2017-4-29 07:39
look here at this screenshot. this is a fraud

Here check out this guys post, look at the way he received hi Mavic back.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-4-29
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

It always good idea to video opening up ANY expensive package that come in mail. Just to cover your own A**.  If possible , even just 10 sec phone vid good
2017-4-29
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

After reading people experience with DJI warranty service, DJI wont do anything about that. The best you can do now is probably get a cool camo sticker for the mavic.
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to see the engraving on your Mavic. Actually speaking, we do product quality before shipping out the unit to you, we should find the obvious engraving.
When you received it, did you notice anything wrong for the package?
I've brought this to the attention of local designated team, will double check it for you.
2017-4-29
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-29 20:05
Sorry to see the engraving on your Mavic. Actually speaking, we do product quality before shipping out the unit to you, we should find the obvious engraving.
When you received it, did you notice anything wrong for the package?
I've brought this to the attention of local designated team, will double check it for you.

the box was with no damage. And the mavic was wrapped up with pluriball with no damage. No damage outside or inside of the box. Except that engraving. The only possibility is that the engraving was make before the shipping. It can happen during the repair. It's not a problem if you replace the front piece. But don't ask me to pay you faults. Thank you for your interest. Please let me know how the situation evolves.
2017-4-29
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

The DJI send me a photo "before they ship the mavic". A generic mavic in a box whitout any pluriball or other thing. That mavic doesn't have the engraving. They assume that for this I have to pay the repair process. What a BAD Service. What a BAD COMPANY. I will never buy something from these thieves. I'm very disappointed. I don't give up. If it will take months, i wait months, but i want my Mavic repaired in Warranty.
2017-5-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdfff9046 Posted at 2017-5-1 00:45
The DJI send me a photo "before they ship the mavic". A generic mavic in a box whitout any pluriball or other thing. That mavic doesn't have the engraving. They assume that for this I have to pay the repair process. What a BAD Service. What a BAD COMPANY. I will never buy something from these thieves. I'm very disappointed. I don't give up. If it will take months, i wait months, but i want my Mavic repaired in Warranty.

Over something so small and insignificant, you're going to cause yourself a world of stress.  It's simply not worth it.  I'd move on.
2017-5-1
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

method007 Posted at 2017-5-1 05:53
Over something so small and insignificant, you're going to cause yourself a world of stress.  It's simply not worth it.  I'd move on.

I pay it 1500 euro. Is not nothing 1500 euro for me. It is a big big value. And I received a engraved one. This hurt me. I work long to be able to buy it. For you is nothing, for me is a lot.
2017-5-1
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-5-1 05:53

What is up with people? You don't buy a brand new car.  Then pick it up with a dent in the hood. And say "At least it drives" hahaha... What nerve of people in here.
2017-5-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-1 09:55
What is up with people? You don't buy a brand new car.  Then pick it up with a dent in the hood. And say "At least it drives" hahaha... What nerve of people in here.

Time is money.  If OP can earn $200 an hour instead of dealing with DJI for an hour, you're up $200.  
So, if it takes 1 hour of personal time to resolve a scratch on a Mavic, that's $200 not earned.  If it takes 10 minutes, that's about $30 not earned.  If OP is without Mavic for days waiting for one to be returned without a scratch, that's days of enjoyment he is not having and possibly a lack of income.  The simple amount of time, stress, lack of income and lack of enjoyment related to resolving this small issue is just not worth it.   It's not like OP just bought a brand new car and then showed up to find a dent in the hood or something.  

That being said, I'm assuming his time is as valuable as mine.  It may not be.  In that case then what I'm saying likely doesn't make any sense.  

2017-5-1
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

I get both sides of the argument, he paid for a brand new product and should receive a brand new product... On the other side of the coin, if the Mavic works and functions correctly I'd consider yourself lucky and get over a small scratch.

It wouldnt be worth the hassle to me but maybe it is to you!

2017-5-1
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Sorry for your engraved Mavic.

***LONG READ ALERT***

What i don't understand is that you start your post with writing "Now the assistance tells me that I have done the damage and that I have to pay the repair 66 euro."

From what i read is that they say "no knives are being used during shipping out, damage most likely happened at customer or shipping company".
So they did not say you did it,...they are just saying "it wasn't us".
Then as a cherry on the pudding they send you a picture to proof it.

Personally i don't think it's constructive making statements like "DJI send me a photo "before they ship the mavic". A generic mavic in  a box whitout any pluriball or other thing"
Cause with that you insinuating that DJI is faking it all. Do you really think they would fake the whole thing for a lousy 60 euro?
What did you expect?
Photo's from all sides with and without packaging before they returned it to you?
It's pretty common that they make a picture before they receive the drone and before they send it out to you.
So when things get nasty (with the shipping company wrecking a shipment or a complaint from a customer) they have proof.

Do you have any proof you didn't made the engraving?
A video or a picture of the unboxing?
I would try a more constructive approach.
Maybe you can proof that you received your Mavic from UPS on a certain timestamp (time X and date Y).
And when you received it how much time was between unboxing and contacting DJI about it? (time X and date Y).
Cause so far i don't think you have a strong case.

2017-5-1
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

The box was sealed and with no damage. No one can make this engrave. Not me. Not UPS. ONLY YOU.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansdfff9046 Posted at 2017-5-2 01:55
The box was sealed and with no damage. No one can make this engrave. Not me. Not UPS. ONLY YOU.

We escalated the case for you with the repair team, as explanated in the e-mail, we assessed the quality before shipping it out to you, there was no engraving on your aircraft.
Please check the picture below. To get it fixed, please pay for the cost, thank you for your supporting!
M.jpg

2017-5-2
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-2 03:58
We escalated the case for you with the repair team, as explanated in the e-mail, we assessed the quality before shipping it out to you, there was no engraving on your aircraft.
Please check the picture below. To get it fixed, please pay for the cost, thank you for your supporting!
[view_image]

the mavic in the photo can be any mavic. You are saying me: you put my mavic in a box, take a photo and then you take out of the box the mavic again to put the pluriball? There is not any packaging in that box! are you kidding me? anyone can send an image like that. Are you a serious company? I want my Mavic repaired, not broken from your bad service!.
i'm very disappointed. What a bad service. i will never buy something from you. This is the end.
2017-5-6
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Just one thing. To all in this forum. Listen to me. If you want to buy a DJI drone, do not buy it on the DJI Store. Buy it on Amazon. And DO NOT SEND IT TO DJI FOR REPAIR. Their bad service will broken your drone, not repair. With a tear in my heart, i quit. Thank you all.
2017-5-6
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

[view_image]

Yeah DJI, because a random drone, upside down in a box, where the front plate is clearly not visible is 'proof' enough.  Just fix the guys drone.  Do the right thing.  Ya'll are a joke.
2017-5-6
Use props
Morphin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3396 ft
Switzerland

[view_image]

Hi
I'm completely outside of this discussion and i don't know who has right. But it doesn't matter. DJI has a lot to learn how to communicate and to do good customer support, even if DJI has right but the behaviour of DJI is far away from being professional
It is a clasic case for demonstrating how support must not be....

Andy
2017-5-6
Use props
fansdfff9046
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

[view_image]

You want to replicate what is said by hybrid33? it's not only me. Do you understand what joke is this? Is this the way customers are treated?
2017-5-7
Use props
Aqmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119446 ft
Malaysia

Thats is no good service.....
2017-5-7
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I would be SO happy for one that sets a home point that I would pay full price and scratch it everywhere. Who cares. I can't get one that will set a friggen home point. It's an aircraft. I totally understand your concern but bite the bullet and go enjoy flying. Maybe coming from the DIY community first, I just don't care about scratches but rather working products OF WHICH I DONT HAVE.
2017-5-7
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-5-7 07:26
I would be SO happy for one that sets a home point that I would pay full price and scratch it everywhere. Who cares. I can't get one that will set a friggen home point. It's an aircraft. I totally understand your concern but bite the bullet and go enjoy flying. Maybe coming from the DIY community first, I just don't care about scratches but rather working products OF WHICH I DONT HAVE.

Don't get me wrong... when i got mine back from 'repair' it was actually replaced with a 'new' unit.  Mine came back with a ton of scuffs and scratches all over it.  The flight log showed some weird data for being a 'new' unit.  I didn't wanna spend the 30+ days being without the mavic, even though I have plenty of other drones to choose from.  I travel a lot, and the mavic is really the only 'small' drone I have, so it's easier to travel with.  I ended up just spending 20 bucks and bought a skin to hide the imperfections, and I sometimes forget all about the crap they sent back since it works for the most part.

As far as yours, i've never heard of a mavic not setting at least the home point.  I know it may sound dumb, but have you tried a different device?  I know iphone 7+ sometimes has gps issues... I ended up taking my 7+ to apple, and they did something with it in way more advanced settings than I could ever get to, and it made the gps rock solid, and I could actually do the follow-me without using active track.  It was nice.  But back to DJI, their service and support are the worlds worst of any company i've ever dealt with.  EVER!  

Any other company i've had to deal with, if it was an exchange issue, the second they had the tracking confirmed that the product was on the way back, they'd dispatch a new unit to me, only being without whatever product for 2 or 3 days tops.
2017-5-7
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

fansdfff9046 Posted at 2017-5-6 08:40
the mavic in the photo can be any mavic. You are saying me: you put my mavic in a box, take a photo and then you take out of the box the mavic again to put the pluriball? There is not any packaging in that box! are you kidding me? anyone can send an image like that. Are you a serious company? I want my Mavic repaired, not broken from your bad service!.
i'm very disappointed. What a bad service. i will never buy something from you. This is the end.

Lets do a test... stick your mavic upside down in a box the same way that DJI did in the posted pic.... try to get the lighting similar.... see if the scratch is evident with that test... I bet it's not.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansdfff9046 Posted at 2017-5-6 08:40

I totally understand how you feel and would like try my best to help you.
We checked your case with quality assessment department, this picture is for your Mavic. If the problem is caused by DJI, we're pleased to help you handle it. While for your Mavic, the engraving is not caused by DJI, that's why it's not a free repair.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Morphin Posted at 2017-5-6 14:22
Hi
I'm completely outside of this discussion and i don't know who has right. But it doesn't matter. DJI has a lot to learn how to communicate and to do good customer support, even if DJI has right but the behaviour of DJI is far away from being professional
It is a clasic case for demonstrating how support must not be....

Thanks for your feedback, Andy.
Customer satisfaction is very important to us, we are always working to improve so all our customers could have a better experience with us.
We feel sorry for OP's case, and are glad to help him.
2017-5-7
Use props
iFlyKid
lvl.2
United States

This is a continuous bad behavior from DJI. About a good 80% of all DJI Mavic's have some kind of problem including the camera lens. I for one have one side of the lens blurry and many people have returned the drone and received a even worse unit. Seems like any other drone from DJI is trouble free. Not sure how the company is going to cooperate with this.
I rather take cosmetic damages like a scratch over an internal issue like a blurry screen etc any day.
2017-5-7
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-5-7 14:04
Don't get me wrong... when i got mine back from 'repair' it was actually replaced with a 'new' unit.  Mine came back with a ton of scuffs and scratches all over it.  The flight log showed some weird data for being a 'new' unit.  I didn't wanna spend the 30+ days being without the mavic, even though I have plenty of other drones to choose from.  I travel a lot, and the mavic is really the only 'small' drone I have, so it's easier to travel with.  I ended up just spending 20 bucks and bought a skin to hide the imperfections, and I sometimes forget all about the crap they sent back since it works for the most part.

As far as yours, i've never heard of a mavic not setting at least the home point.  I know it may sound dumb, but have you tried a different device?  I know iphone 7+ sometimes has gps issues... I ended up taking my 7+ to apple, and they did something with it in way more advanced settings than I could ever get to, and it made the gps rock solid, and I could actually do the follow-me without using active track.  It was nice.  But back to DJI, their service and support are the worlds worst of any company i've ever dealt with.  EVER!  

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried everything including many other devices.

I heave used my iPhone 7+, my 6+, my iPad Pro, a couple Android phones and the only one that worked was a Samsung S6 which happens to be the Samsung they use while engineering and testing in Shenzhen.
It is happening with multiple devices and multiple products.

2017-5-9
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-5-9 11:21
Thanks for the advice.

I have tried everything including many other devices.

Well damn.  Might be time to bite the bullet and spend the 4-6 weeks without your bird, and send that bad boy back... Have you tried refreshing the firmware, or rolling the firmware back to .400?
2017-5-9
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-5-9 12:26
Well damn.  Might be time to bite the bullet and spend the 4-6 weeks without your bird, and send that bad boy back... Have you tried refreshing the firmware, or rolling the firmware back to .400?

Yes, yes and yes.

It's a very weird issue.

I am going to try and change all the SIM cards and see if that does anything.

I am going to turn to Apple and Verizon (not that Verizon is any help).

I suppose if worse comes to worse, it does work with a Galaxy S6.  Not ideal, but I don't know what to do. I'm holding off spending 10k on an I2 because of this issue and I know others that are having the EXACT same issue. It's so frustrating.

DJI "tech support" on the phone number unless you no almost nothing about UAVs is as useless as it comes.  They are literally making stuff up as they go once they get past the bullet point trouble shooting.  They are also not that nice.  DJI really needs to step up the game because their rep coupled with the reality of the support is now obvious to me.

They should start by having the operator say "Sir, can I get your number in case we get disconnected" after you wait for an hour.  Imagine if you waited an hour for Apple support at a store and the were sent to the back of the line because you stepped away to go to the bathroom or something.  UGH!

I2 won't be bought and pretty soon I will have to turn to other things including just building an OCTO (which they would still win because I would by the new Ronin if that happened) but soon there will be a company that doesnt take over a month to fix a firmware issue in a month.

I know they have a lot on there plate with all the products they are releasing but they should get the released ones fully operational.  Im just bitching I suppose but I waited patiently and quietly and now I'm just beyond frustrated.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

This story is all too familiar. DJI support is aweful. I sent my drone in after a minor crash with no damage because tech support told me they'd replace it under warranty because it is not safe to fly a drone that has crashed. I sent it in and got invoices for repairs; wait, I thought you said you'd replace it?! Then they send me a picture of one of the arms broken; wait they weren't broken, I even flew it after the crash. There wasn't a scratch on it! I never should have sent it in. Too good to be true should have rung true when they offered. Now I'm without a drone for almost a month. It's basically being held hostage; either I pay for repairs that I didn't need or I have then return it with the broken arm....would they actually swap a broken arm and send it back to me that way. Really it was not broke. When I sent it in, this is crazy!
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-10-18 18:13
This story is all too familiar. DJI support is aweful. I sent my drone in after a minor crash with no damage because tech support told me they'd replace it under warranty because it is not safe to fly a drone that has crashed. I sent it in and got invoices for repairs; wait, I thought you said you'd replace it?! Then they send me a picture of one of the arms broken; wait they weren't broken, I even flew it after the crash. There wasn't a scratch on it! I never should have sent it in. Too good to be true should have rung true when they offered. Now I'm without a drone for almost a month. It's basically being held hostage; either I pay for repairs that I didn't need or I have then return it with the broken arm....would they actually swap a broken arm and send it back to me that way. Really it was not broke. When I sent it in, this is crazy!

We are sorry to read on your experience. We could only decide if it is a warranty case after damage assessment when the drone arrives, sorry for the promise by our Support.
Would you please provide us the case number so that we could check more details for better assistance? Thanks.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules