Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sateh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70810 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

Hello Everyone
I just want to see if anyone of you has a link to explain the use of the different camera shooting modes (auto, A, S and M). The difference between them. Thank you

2017-4-29
Use props
fansa7334a62
New

United States

It's the same as digital cameras. M = manual allows you to manually adjust all camera settings. Auto = controls all the setting automatically. Manual is the best gives you more control over image and quality.
2017-4-29
Use props
fansa7334a62
New

United States

I personally only use manual.  I believe S = shutter priority.  It should say the meanings of these In the user manual.
2017-4-29
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa7334a62 Posted at 2017-4-29 10:22
I personally only use manual.  I believe S = shutter priority.  It should say the meanings of these In the user manual.

Yes, and A likely means "aperture priority".
2017-4-29
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

To go into further detail.. When you are in S-mode (shutter priority), the camera will adjust exposure by adjusting the ISO and aperture accordingly, same with aperture priority - it will adjust the ISO and shutter accordingly.. It tries to match the exposure to how you have the exposure compensation set up.. There is also an ISO auto/manual setting that will lock in your ISO.. The one thing I have noticed is if you are in shutter priority during video functions - and aperture is adjusting for the scene, you WILL see bigger less gradual changes in the scenes brightness so I would not suggest shooting that way. (I tried this to lock in my shutter speed for a video test and quickly realized this)..
2017-4-29
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Sateh. One question:  do you know how a DSLR handheld camera works?  I'm talking about settings, depth of field, shutter speed, diaphragm opening, priority to the shutter speed (S), or priority to the aperture of the diaphragm (A).
If you don't have basics knowledge about that, I counsil you to look for a tutorial in youtube.  But if you know to handle a camera, I haven't said a word
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules