Turn off Mavic Pro when crashed?
2042 4 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sjoerd1234
New
Netherlands

Hello,
So I bought a Mavic pro 3 days ago. Been flying it a lot. Today there were some strong winds and during the landing there was a sudden gust of wind. The drone was at a height of about 40cm and one propellor touched a chair causing the drone to flip on his back on the ground. It lay on his back still giving lots of trust. I panicked and wanted to turn off the drone but it kept giving trust which was likely to cause more damage. I picked it up and cut myself bad multiple times on my arm. I tried to turn it off with the button but that didn't work. My friend panicked and pulled my phone out of the controller. The drone all the while kept going full trust. I couldn't turn it off. My friend had to put the phone back in the controller, start the app, reconnect and then press the land button, in the process cutting my arm and lower back.

There got to be a better solution for this right? How do I turn the drone off when crashed or when you can't reach the controller/loss of signal?

I broke two propellors, swapped them for new ones and I'm happy that the drone still works perfectly.

2017-4-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You could have shut down with csc you need to set in your app.
2017-4-30
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

set it in dji go app
2017-4-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

To set CSC manoeuvre turn AC and RC and app on, go to 3 dots top right hand corner click enter aircraft icon top one click, go down to advance click, scroll down bottom of page stop motor method , you will have option to set to CSC Manoeuver or for emergencies only, choose CSC Manoeuvre and now both sticks down and in/ out will shut down aircraft.
2017-4-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Another proof that people need to read the manual, practice in the academy for all kind of scenarios, know your APP inside out and it might help to fly away from chairs, tables, car, the dog etc...
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules