Quading with Active Track
760 9 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jg08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14715 ft
Canada

Nothing seriously entertaining but I was very impressed with how well the Mavic tracked me.. It followed me for about 18 minutes before I landed it without losing tracking once!

2017-4-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Really nice...The exposure and colors looked great!
2017-4-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yeah! That was really awesome. It would have been really good to see it pan from the side too did you try?
2017-4-30
Use props
jg08
lvl.1
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 2017-4-30 13:43
Yeah! That was really awesome. It would have been really good to see it pan from the side too did you try?

Thanks!  

I tried out in the field a couple weeks ago with the circling feature and had troubles with it... I was also in an area where I kept losing subject due to some trees it wouldn't follow me behind the trees... I am going to fabricate a better way of mounting the controller onto my handle bars so I can use the controller while riding... Will definitely be trying it out next time
2017-4-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jg08 Posted at 2017-4-30 14:04
Thanks!  

I tried out in the field a couple weeks ago with the circling feature and had troubles with it... I was also in an area where I kept losing subject due to some trees it wouldn't follow me behind the trees... I am going to fabricate a better way of mounting the controller onto my handle bars so I can use the controller while riding... Will definitely be trying it out next time

Great Job. I can't wait to try Active track my self with our side x side this summer.
2017-4-30
Use props
jg08
lvl.1
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 2017-4-30 14:04
Great Job. I can't wait to try Active track my self with our side x side this summer.

Definitely!  The biggest reason I bought it was for quading
2017-4-30
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Very cool!
2017-4-30
Use props
Stooky
lvl.2
United States

I would like to give you props on the height of the follow, so many people have it so damn high that the viewer is all over the place instead of focusing on the actual subject. Also pretty cool it kept a lock on you even when passing similar subjects
2017-4-30
Use props
jg08
lvl.1
Canada

Stooky Posted at 2017-4-30 23:23
I would like to give you props on the height of the follow, so many people have it so damn high that the viewer is all over the place instead of focusing on the actual subject. Also pretty cool it kept a lock on you even when passing similar subjects

Thanks... Ive had quite a few comments on how at the end of the road portion of the video the drone was way up in the air to catch all 3 of us at once.. Truth being the mavic does not descend as we do so it stayed at the same elevation while we were going down hill which was kinda neat... It ascends very well as you gain elevation demonstrated by my hill climb at the end, but does not descend when you lose elevation... and your right I mentioned it to a couple people how I liked that it did not switch subjects when the other quad got close to me... Active track definitely worked well.
2017-5-1
Use props
jg08
lvl.1
Canada

PizzaFiend Posted at 2017-4-30 17:19
Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Very cool!

Thank you!
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules