NFZ ZONES
2686 11 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 414249 ft
United States

Has anyone had a No Fly Zone come up on the RC without a airport nearby?

I did the last update and since my RC has limited my flights unjustly, Not near any airport  etc.  Ohtherwise its been a great bird, Is FAA imposing new restrictions?
2017-4-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yes, many people have with the latest .0600 firmware.
2017-4-30
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 11:18

is this new FAA law that has been ordered?   I read on Faa web site and see nothing.  I am trying to find how to get the token that it request to fly in authorized zones but am having difficulty doing this.  Dji says I must register my drone with DJI first for this approval and then I click the area it shows which brings me to a scroll of dont drink and fly.  always have the drone in your visual etc..   Nothing to finally show register here....   any advice for this?
2017-5-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

TRUCKMISER Posted at 2017-5-1 07:24
is this new FAA law that has been ordered?   I read on Faa web site and see nothing.  I am trying to find how to get the token that it request to fly in authorized zones but am having difficulty doing this.  Dji says I must register my drone with DJI first for this approval and then I click the area it shows which brings me to a scroll of dont drink and fly.  always have the drone in your visual etc..   Nothing to finally show register here....   any advice for this?

is this new FAA law that has been ordered?

No, but DJI apparently updated the NFZ / GEO behavior in the latest firmware. Here's something that may help (with credit to msinger who brought it to peoples' attention):

2017-5-3
Use props
fans82075b28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem. Updated the firmware to .0700 then went out to fly in a regular spot and the controller stated that I was "Near NFZ". I've looked on DJI's GEO site and there is no NFZ (Red,Yellow or Green) listed to unlock.

Before the upgrade everything was fine.
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

fans82075b28 Posted at 2017-5-15 06:17
I'm having the same problem. Updated the firmware to .0700 then went out to fly in a regular spot and the controller stated that I was "Near NFZ". I've looked on DJI's GEO site and there is no NFZ (Red,Yellow or Green) listed to unlock.

Before the upgrade everything was fine.

You should let DJI know about this because it could be that their database contains some incorrect information. In the meantime you should try disabling the GEO option, which I believe can only be changed while you're connected to the aircraft and while it has a GPS lock.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Hey Truckmiser, here is a link on how to unlock the no fly zone.    just be careful!
2017-5-15
Use props
fans82075b28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droneflying: Thanks I've just sent them an email explaining my problem just hope the next update is soon.

DJL: Thanks for the video but the problem is there are no zones to unlock. I'm flying in an area that has no restrictions (51.327673,1.373657)
2017-5-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 11:18

this problem has been reported a number of times by a lot of pilots, DJI Mindy has been notified of the promlem and has reported it to the engineers so hopefully there will be a fix soon ;)
2017-5-17
Use props
DJISenord
lvl.1

United States

No new rules, just an update to the software to better align with known airspace restrictions (which are updated). I do suggest all pilots, recreation and professional know the FAA and local laws in their area.  In fact, their are many low cost and even FREE materials out there to inform pilots as ignorance is no excuse.  I am a pro pilot, but it only cost me for example $155 dollars to earn my FAA certificate months ago ($150 exam fee and $5 for an really good study prep app call UAS107, https://play.google.com/store/ap ... otix.labs&hl=en).  Knowing the rules and flying legally is much better for the industry, and for your pocket as fines can be in excess of $10k depending on the violation.  Know the rules and be safe!
2017-5-18
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

DJISenord Posted at 2017-5-18 07:06
No new rules, just an update to the software to better align with known airspace restrictions (which are updated). I do suggest all pilots, recreation and professional know the FAA and local laws in their area.  In fact, their are many low cost and even FREE materials out there to inform pilots as ignorance is no excuse.  I am a pro pilot, but it only cost me for example $155 dollars to earn my FAA certificate months ago ($150 exam fee and $5 for an really good study prep app call UAS107, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uas107.openrobotix.labs&hl=en).  Knowing the rules and flying legally is much better for the industry, and for your pocket as fines can be in excess of $10k depending on the violation.  Know the rules and be safe!

Thank you for the advice.  I have read to some degree as well you tube   107   and  have seen the importance to these updates.  I have more understanding  of this new hobby and have gained respect for the laws.  

2017-6-10
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 06:24
You should let DJI know about this because it could be that their database contains some incorrect information. In the meantime you should try disabling the GEO option, which I believe can only be changed while you're connected to the aircraft and while it has a GPS lock.

This new update has really changed things  I feel for the better.  It shows I am near a NFZ   but text me and has me agree that I know whats up.  Upgrades have been a concern but I can tell Its headed in the right direction
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules