Was told by DJI that they don't repair but replace...
1353 12 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e73fba4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40669 ft
United States

I was on the phone with DJI a couple of days ago after finding out my accident with the drone was covered under warranty. Let me go through the whole process.

The accident had happened, I recovered the drone and immediately contacted DJI via the telephone.
I spoke to someone, and I stated I think there is a defect and an accident occured from it breaking my drone.
They told me I MUST do it online via the DJI website, so I did open a case.
I sent it in, (Case # CAS-564569-F7C4X7).
They received it, assessed it, and determined it will be REPAIRED free of charge.

I called DJI (spoke to a man named Jordan) after that wondering why it wasn't replaced and is being repaired instead? It doesn't seem logical that if there was a defect then it shouldn't be repaired but replaced. I asked them why and they stated, "It wasn't under 15 days for it to be replaced!" I said my proof of purchase is listed under my case in a picture format. They determined it was under 15 days and then blamed me for submitting the case the improper way. I told them that I was told to do it via the website. After that, they then told me that all drones cannot physically be repaired because if it is damaged they cannot replace some parts (like the body). He then told me it was infact being replaced rather than repaired. I asked for his name and he told me, and also said that the call was being recorded under my case so it is a referrence.

I am absolutely uncertain that it is being replaced, I've been mislead so many times. The customer service isn't horrible. The issue is employees are not informed properly on processes.
Can someone PLEASE tell my what is going on with my drone. Is it being repaired or replaced? Are these people misinforming me?
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi sorry to hear about your accident, it is likely that you will receive a refurbished as new or a new replacement, that is the norm,
Just on your accident care to elaborate if it was a defect it would help others here on the forum who may be having problems.
Good luck
2017-5-1
Use props
Geltez
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-1 05:17
Hi sorry to hear about your accident, it is likely that you will receive a refurbished as new or a new replacement, that is the norm,
Just on your accident care to elaborate if it was a defect it would help others here on the forum who may be having problems.
Good luck

I was flying for about 3 minutes when all of a sudden about 2000 feet away from me there was what I assumed to be a sudden power loss. My controller disconnected and my phone disconnected as well so I assumed RTH was initiated. I waited about 3 minutes and realized it wasn't coming back. I went to the last known coordinates only to find it on the street (must have took a fall). I was flying at about 250 feet going 35 MPH and for some reason the damage didn't seem to add up to a fall that hard. I was quoted around $287 but obviously it was free of charge. I have seen a couple other cases with the same disconnection situation.
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geltez Posted at 2017-5-1 05:28
I was flying for about 3 minutes when all of a sudden about 2000 feet away from me there was what I assumed to be a sudden power loss. My controller disconnected and my phone disconnected as well so I assumed RTH was initiated. I waited about 3 minutes and realized it wasn't coming back. I went to the last known coordinates only to find it on the street (must have took a fall). I was flying at about 250 feet going 35 MPH and for some reason the damage didn't seem to add up to a fall that hard. I was quoted around $287 but obviously it was free of charge. I have seen a couple other cases with the same disconnection situation.

There is a guy having a look at some of these strange power drop out of the sky crashes, I don't know if you still have your flight log, to put up for analysis, it will be on your phone or tablet or whatever you used to fly with, the link is below.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-5-1
Use props
Geltez
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-1 06:08
There is a guy having a look at some of these strange power drop out of the sky crashes, I don't know if you still have your flight log, to put up for analysis, it will be on your phone or tablet or whatever you used to fly with, the link is below.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=94396&fromuid=260008

I put it up on mavicpilots.com, they stated it was a loose battery which was the only thing that made sense to them. I only have the log straight from the DJI app, not the drone.
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geltez Posted at 2017-5-1 06:21
I put it up on mavicpilots.com, they stated it was a loose battery which was the only thing that made sense to them. I only have the log straight from the DJI app, not the drone.

Yeah loose battery has been bandied about but not so sure, if you want to put up log from your phone you can put it up here and some will have a look. http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/#DataLog
2017-5-1
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Geltez Posted at 2017-5-1 05:28

Geltez,    There is a strong possibility that the main electronic board was damaged  --- just the Camera is
                    $300 USD and I can picture the board being much more  
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel very sorry for the confusion caused.
The support should have confirmed the date you received and activated the drone to figure out whether it should be repair case or replacement case when you contacted him to report the issue, then help you create a DOA case instead of guiding you to submit a repair case online. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we have transferred this concern to support management, will keep training and improve to provide you more professional service.
I just checked your case, we replaced the drone for you, and flight test has been done, I think you will receive an e-mail soon with the tracking number once it's shipped out.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, thanks!
2017-5-1
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-1 22:32
We feel very sorry for the confusion caused.
The support should have confirmed the date you received and activated the drone to figure out whether it should be repair case or replacement case when you contacted him to report the issue, then help you create a DOA case instead of guiding you to submit a repair case online. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we have transferred this concern to support management, will keep training and improve to provide you more professional service.
I just checked your case, we replaced the drone for you, and flight test has been done, I think you will receive an e-mail soon with the tracking number once it's shipped out.

Ack, I wish I'd known that DOA replacement was a thing too. I sent mine in for repair when it had a failure within the first 24 hours, but mine didn't come right from DJI so maybe that makes a difference?

In any case, I got an email saying my "repair" is complete a few days ago but still no ship notification and it shows as in "quality assurance testing" or something like that on the page?
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

srg Posted at 2017-5-1 22:36
Ack, I wish I'd known that DOA replacement was a thing too. I sent mine in for repair when it had a failure within the first 24 hours, but mine didn't come right from DJI so maybe that makes a difference?

In any case, I got an email saying my "repair" is complete a few days ago but still no ship notification and it shows as in "quality assurance testing" or something like that on the page?

It should be replaced, I just checked your case, "Flight Test" has been done, hope it would be shipped out soon, please wait patiently, thank you so much for your support.
2017-5-1
Use props
Geltez
lvl.1
United States

Yet again I get told different things. And it apparently has been in quality assurance for a week...
IMG_1217.PNG
2017-5-5
Use props
Geltez
lvl.1
United States

I am completely frustrated with DJI and their support, absolutely horrible.
IMG_1219.PNG
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Geltez Posted at 2017-5-5 14:43
I am completely frustrated with DJI and their support, absolutely horrible.

I am deeply sorry for the confusion caused, since you created a RMA case when submitting online at first, we updated it as repair process in our system, actually, it was replaced.
The drone has been shipped out, we sent you an e-mail with tracking number, hope you would receive it soon.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules