Student Discount on Mavic Pro
12Next >
8311 47 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mcgaldamez
New

United States

Student Discount was set for "early may". Anybody else waiting?
2017-5-1
Use props
fans19bcf748
lvl.1
Canada

still waiting
2017-5-2
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

I contacted Customer Service today, and got the following response about my discount and its ability to be used on the Mavic.
"Sorry to hear, however, the discount that was provide before April 25th will not work on the Mavic Drone, because our citizenship team has already provided new set of discount from April 25th for that drone. however if you do want you can contact our citizenship team you can email them to citizenship@dji.com"
2017-5-2
Use props
fanseb30313b
New
Germany

Did you write the Citizenship Team? What did they say?
2017-5-3
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

fanseb30313b Posted at 2017-5-3 11:44
Did you write the Citizenship Team? What did they say?

I did, no response yet.  I will post back here when I hear from them.
2017-5-3
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Got my discount on my package last week!  Thanks DJI!
2017-5-3
Use props
fans85d80f99
New
United States

Waiting for discount on mavic, I tried student discount today and shows no mavic there.
2017-5-3
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

http://coupon.dji.com/mobile/edu

Go there and enter your school email address. Confirm it when the email comes to you and you get two coupon codes automatically placed in your DJI account for 10%.
2017-5-4
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-4 04:57
http://coupon.dji.com/mobile/edu

Go there and enter your school email address. Confirm it when the email comes to you and you get two coupon codes automatically placed in your DJI account for 10%.

According to customer service @DJI, this will work (now) for people asking for this discount and eligible, but for those of us that got our discounts prior to April 25 (I got mine April 24th), it will NOT work.  For those of us in this situation, I was told we would have to contact citizenship@dji.com.
2017-5-4
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-4 10:53
According to customer service @DJI, this will work (now) for people asking for this discount and eligible, but for those of us that got our discounts prior to April 25 (I got mine April 24th), it will NOT work.  For those of us in this situation, I was told we would have to contact .

Checked-in with DJI again today after waiting four days for a response from citizenship@dji.com.  They had me mail education@dji.com, today.  I checked in with CS after mailing this email address, and was told to email citizenship@dji.com *AGAIN*.  Clearly, I am getting the run-around, and customer service is just pushing all questions off because they don't have an answer.  When I told them that I had already emailed citizenship@dji.com four days previous, and had not gotten a reply, they told me to patiently wait.  I asked them how long I would have to wait for a response, 1 Week? 2 Weeks?  They said that they could not provide an answer to that, only that I should wait for an answer.  There are enough references in various forums to indicate that people are buying Mavics using the educational discount right now, I am not sure why they are sandbagging specific customers.  Long story short - it looks like a waiting game...  I hate being patient!! ;-)
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-5 11:54
Checked-in with DJI again today after waiting four days for a response from .  They had me mail , today.  I checked in with CS after mailing this email address, and was told to email  *AGAIN*.  Clearly, I am getting the run-around, and customer service is just pushing all questions off because they don't have an answer.  When I told them that I had already emailed  four days previous, and had not gotten a reply, they told me to patiently wait.  I asked them how long I would have to wait for a response, 1 Week? 2 Weeks?  They said that they could not provide an answer to that, only that I should wait for an answer.  There are enough references in various forums to indicate that people are buying Mavics using the educational discount right now, I am not sure why they are sandbagging specific customers.  Long story short - it looks like a waiting game...  I hate being patient!! ;-)

What is your email and I'll send a message.
2017-5-5
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-5 12:20

Ken, PM sent with email addresses.
2017-5-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I work 6 days a week and pay tens of thousand dollars in taxes every year, can I get a discount????
2017-5-5
Use props
acejoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I too am in the same position. I applied for my codes on the 13th of April and have been patiently waiting and checking daily only to find out the codes are unless issued from the 25th of April onwards and am now stuck with two codes that are useless to me. I await a response from the education/citizenship team with baited breath....any help appreciated.
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

acejoy Posted at 2017-5-5 14:16
Hi, I too am in the same position. I applied for my codes on the 13th of April and have been patiently waiting and checking daily only to find out the codes are unless issued from the 25th of April onwards and am now stuck with two codes that are useless to me. I await a response from the education/citizenship team with baited breath....any help appreciated.

PM your education email and I will forward it on.
2017-5-5
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

what about senior citizen discount .................
2017-5-5
Use props
acejoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Had the following response from education this morning

"Once the DJI Mavic is available for your coupon code we will be sending out an email notifying you."

I have sent them a follow up email enquiring as to when this is likely to be as we already know it is available to people with code issued after the 25th of April but have not yet had a response.
2017-5-6
Use props
overtheborder
New

United States

acejoy Posted at 2017-5-6 08:09
Had the following response from education this morning

"Once the DJI Mavic is available for your coupon code we will be sending out an email notifying you."

I received the same response
2017-5-6
Use props
fans1e8c00c1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I  also got my student discount code before the 25th and have been waiting for this to come available, have emailed support about my code and not received a response.
2017-5-7
Use props
fans1e8c00c1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My code runs out in a week, would love a response on this before it does, so i can the the Mavic Fly more package ordered
2017-5-7
Use props
fans5fafcbf1
lvl.1

Australia

fans1e8c00c1 Posted at 2017-5-7 23:10
My code runs out in a week, would love a response on this before it does, so i can the the Mavic Fly more package ordered

I have only just seen this thread. I too have a code from mid April. I have just emailed citizenship@dji.com.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans1e8c00c1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I finally got a repsonse off them.

"

Hello,

Once the DJI Mavic is available for your coupon code we will be sending out an email notifying you.

Best,
DJI  ​"

Even though I stressed how my student discount voucher expires in 8 days, so could they do something about that, they don't care. So looks like they're going to lose a sale of a fly more package because they can't even be bothered to look into it properly, even though we know people are using their vouchers to order with a discount. Terrible customer support. I'm not spending an extra £130 just because they can't be bothered helping.

2017-5-8
Use props
fans1e8c00c1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-5 12:20

Could you look into the above for me also please?
2017-5-8
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

For those of you watching this thread, Posting a status update.

Received my DJI Educational Coupon: April 24th
Contacted DJI Customer Service:  April 30th & May 4, and I plan on contacting them again tomorrow.
Last message from DJI:
   All Coupons should work for Mavic in "Early May", Coupons issued on April 25th and later already work on Mavic.  Coupons issued before April 25th should work soon, and they would notify us individually.

Status: Still waiting...  Note: "Early May" by even the most conservative interpretation is no later than Sunday, May 14.  I hope they were not just blowing smoke.
2017-5-9
Use props
overtheborder
New

United States

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-9 09:14

Thanks for the update, I figured you guys got a new code or something.

I'm still waiting over here, once it becomes mid may (around the 15th) I'll end up looking for something else.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans1e8c00c1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My code expires on the 16th so they'd best hurry up or they'll definitely lose a sale
2017-5-9
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-9 09:14

Posting a status update.

Contacted DJI Customer Service:  April 30th, May 4, May 10.
Messages from DJI CSS:
May 4: All Coupons should work for Mavic in "Early May", Coupons issued on April 25th and later already work on Mavic.  Coupons issued before April 25th should work soon, and they would notify us individually.
May 10: [Paraphrase] Date for Mavic eligibility WILL BE in May, but no official date being announced right now.  I was told that I can continue to check eligibility myself by clicking on the "USE NOW" button next to the coupon in my ACCOUNT.  When the Mavic is eligible for my account, it will show up in the product listings that display after pressing that button.

Status: Still waiting...  Note: "Early May" by even the most conservative interpretation is no later than Sunday, May 14.  I hope they were not just blowing smoke.

Sidenote: I asked if they were waiting until closer to the Spark announcement to make the Mavic eligible.  I was told they had no information on this product...  I wonder if they realized that they had confirmed its existence by referring to it as "this product" ;-)
2017-5-10
Use props
overtheborder
New

United States

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-10 11:16
Posting a status update.

Looks like it went from early may to sometime in may
2017-5-10
Use props
fans1e8c00c1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Still no reply from their support, even though my code expires in 4 days. No rush guys, it's only a sale you're missing out on {:4_177:}
2017-5-11
Use props
fans5fafcbf1
lvl.1

Australia

fans1e8c00c1 Posted at 2017-5-11 22:39
Still no reply from their support, even though my code expires in 4 days. No rush guys, it's only a sale you're missing out on

Just to clarify. Old codes still don't work but do newly registered educational codes work for the mavic pro?
2017-5-12
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

fans5fafcbf1 Posted at 2017-5-12 04:00
Just to clarify. Old codes still don't work but do newly registered educational codes work for the mavic pro?

That is what DJI Customer service has told us.  Codes from April 25 and newer can be used to purchase the Mavic.
2017-5-12
Use props
fans5fafcbf1
lvl.1

Australia

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-12 06:41
That is what DJI Customer service has told us.  Codes from April 25 and newer can be used to purchase the Mavic.

Thanks! It's a bit silly.
2017-5-12
Use props
namja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86112 ft
United States

Go through ebates, and buy from Dell Consumer store. You'll get 15% back in rebate.

It says this week only, so maybe it expires today (5/13/17)?
2017-5-12
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

namja Posted at 2017-5-12 22:30
Go through ebates, and buy from Dell Consumer store. You'll get 15% back in rebate.

It says this week only, so maybe it expires today (5/13/17)?

Not a bad deal, but with a 10% local taxation (in my area) on the Dell site, the majority of the 15% is consumed.  Add in having to deal with the electronic rebate, and the deal is good for those without the educational discount, but not for the rest.
2017-5-13
Use props
fans5fafcbf1
lvl.1

Australia

Has anyone heard anymore? I have not received an email reply to the one I sent 09 May.
2017-5-15
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

fans5fafcbf1 Posted at 2017-5-15 01:22
Has anyone heard anymore? I have not received an email reply to the one I sent 09 May.

No news here.  I am planning on contacting DJI Customer Support tomorrow, as it will no longer be "Early May" to see if they have any new information.  I will post here after I chat with them.
2017-5-15
Use props
acejoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had this response exactly 1 week ago "​We are hoping to have you added in the next week but do not have a specific date at this time. " Still nothing.
2017-5-15
Use props
GravityWell
lvl.1

United States

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-15 07:10
No news here.  I am planning on contacting DJI Customer Support tomorrow, as it will no longer be "Early May" to see if they have any new information.  I will post here after I chat with them.

No new information.  Contacted Customer Service again.  Same stupid message about making older educational discounts wait, and allowing all new applicants to "take cuts".  
I asked if they could reset my educational eligibility and allow me to reapply for the coupon (thus being eligible for the Mavic enables coupon) I got the big-No.   They continue to say that the coupons will start to work at the end of May.
2017-5-16
Use props
fans5fafcbf1
lvl.1

Australia

GravityWell Posted at 2017-5-16 21:59
No new information.  Contacted Customer Service again.  Same stupid message about making older educational discounts wait, and allowing all new applicants to "take cuts".  
I asked if they could reset my educational eligibility and allow me to reapply for the coupon (thus being eligible for the Mavic enables coupon) I got the big-No.   They continue to say that the coupons will start to work at the end of May.

Pretty woeful response! Not happy.
2017-5-17
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Discount center -> https://goo.gl/CYDhTV
2017-5-17
Use props
12Next >