mavic wavy lines, fresh out of box
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SoupLIA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233 ft
United States

So my new Mavic is doing the wavy lines in it's video that others have reported.  I did the calibration in Assitant, updated all firmware.  I checked and as far as I can see the gimbol is mounted properly.

Wondering anything else I can do before I contact DJI?

Here's a sample video.

2017-5-1
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

I've got the exact same problem you have on a Mavic I bought last Thursday.  Done it since day 1. I've just checked the box and it was shipped from DJI on the 31st March (possible bad batch?)
Check my footage here and you'll see it's the same as yours.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-94749-1-1.html

2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is another DANCING MAVIC. Just don't play any music will flying your MP.
2017-5-1
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

My advice based on my own experience: if you still can, send it back for refund ASAP. And buy a new one. Returning it to DJI for repair is going to be long and painful.
2017-5-1
Use props
fansab93869a
New
United States

Did you check and remove the plastic piece behind the gimbal? I had a similar issue but when I removed the plastic piece it cleared the video up.
2017-5-3
Use props
SoupLIA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233 ft
United States

fansab93869a Posted at 2017-5-3 03:52
Did you check and remove the plastic piece behind the gimbal? I had a similar issue but when I removed the plastic piece it cleared the video up.

plastic piece behind the gimbal? ... hmm i certainly dont see one?
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

fansab93869a Posted at 2017-5-3 03:52

If you don't remove this piece of plastic (gimbal transport cover) you will see an error "gimbal overload" in your DJI Go App.

As far as I know you can fix this, checking the gimbal manually. Can you move it in any direction by hand? Is the small black plastic rubberband (where the gimbal hanging on) hooked in properly*? Was it windy while flying? I had these shaking only once I got hefty side-wind during a turn.

Have you upgraded to latest firmware (at least v01.03.0500)? And have you performed a gimbal calibration?

*check this video how to hook in the gimbal:
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please follow the video tutorial to double check your gimbal. Besides, what's your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules