New Setup GH3 shutter works, no image on FPV
4681 10 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scsic
New

United States

This is a new setup, S900 with GH3, after its powered up there is an image on FPV, after the shutter releases, there is nothing on FPV, but shutter works fine when toggled. Any help would be great..!
2015-3-5
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

What's the linkage between A2 and GCU?
Could you post a video for the full process?
2015-3-5
Use props
scsic
New

United States

Well, I'm new to the S900, I have the HDMI plug into it, and the shutter release cable on the other side.  When the system boots up, I get the camera image on the FPV, if I press the shutter release on the camera, I still get image on FPV, if I release the shutter from the toggle on the controller, the picture disappears from the FPV, but, the toggle continues to work fine to release the shutter, just no image on FPV.  Went into camera output settings, seems to default back to TV, even though I select HDMI mode...
2015-3-6
Use props
DJI support
lvl.4

Hong Kong

scsic@roadrunne Posted at 2015-3-6 21:03
Well, I'm new to the S900, I have the HDMI plug into it, and the shutter release cable on the other  ...

please confirm the version on the GH3 assistant, the latest assistant version should be 1.4, GCU version 2.4, IMU version 1.8.
Make sure you have updated the firmware to the latest.
2015-3-10
Use props
Mike Koi
New

United Kingdom

DJI Support - I too am having this same problem, upon using the Shutter switch on my 14SG the downlink disappears.  In order to see the downlink i can only fly using the video on the GH3 and MUST start recording before take off by manually pressing the shutter on the camera itself.
Firstly - I have a GH3 Camera and Z15-GH3 gimbal, but the software download from the DJI site for GH3 is not there?? so I'm using the GH4 assistant? I don't fly GH4?

Secondly - The versions I'm using (viewed on GH4 assistant) are as follows:

GCU 2.4
IMU 1.12  which upgraded from 1.8??

The CMU - tells me there is an update available from v0.0 to 1.2 with notes describing a Shutter issue conflicting with Aux 1?
BUT... this CMU update always fails?! I have tried several times with no success?

Please DJI advise me what to do, Im a commercial operator in the UK and need to be able to see the downlink on my monitor when using video and stills, thanks in advance.
Can i just have a version 1.4?
2015-4-4
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike Koi Posted at 2015-4-4 21:43
DJI Support - I too am having this same problem, upon using the Shutter switch on my 14SG the downli ...

Dont use the GH4 assistant..here is the link for the GH3...I would remove the GH4 assistant and then re-install the GH3 as I found there might be a conflict...BUT, I see they no longer have the GCU and IMU listed on the GH3 site...clarify with DJI its the same as on the GH4 download site before doing anything...I am running the GH3 and have no problems except  I'm running my shutter through LB on a second radio. There will be and always has been a temporary loss of video when using the shutter...I lose video for about 8-10 seconds then it comes back.
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z15-gh3/download
2015-4-5
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI support Posted at 2015-3-11 09:37
please confirm the version on the GH3 assistant, the latest assistant version should be 1.4, GCU v ...

Support, you do not list the GCU and IMU upgrade versions on the Z15-GH3 download site. Can you confirm the GCU and IMU upgrades are the same as the GH4? http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z15-Gh3/download You use to list GCU and IMU for the GH3 on this site but they arent there anymore
2015-4-5
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

http://download.dji-innovations. ... elease_notes_en.pdf
You can see here
2015-4-9
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-4-10 11:39
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/zenmuse_z15-gh3/en/Z15-GH3_product_release_notes_en.pd ...

Thats a pdf, not a download...I think you mis-understood...on the Z15-GH3 site it ONLY lists the assistant. It use to list the IMU and GCU also but no longer does. Currently the only way to get the upgrade is by going to the GH4 download site and thats where the GH3 owners are having problems as it keeps wanting to upgrade the GH3 to the GH4 and it's incompatible. Please see this link: http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z15-gh3/download
If you can, please put the latest version of the IMU and GCU on there for the GH3. Thanks
2015-4-10
Use props
jonathan.marsh4
New
Flight distance : 16660 ft
Australia

Hi mate, did you every find a resolution to this problem?  I have the EXACT same issue and its doing my head in!!  Thanks in advance!
2015-5-1
Use props
soggybear
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am seriously wishing I had not upgraded anything! Everything was working 2 days ago and had been for many months. This was the setup:
A2 flight controller with firmware 2.4m1
Z15-GH3 Gimbal which had a very early version of firmware (before 1.4 I think)I am not using Lightbridge.
I use a Futaba 14SG Tx with connected via D-Bus. (Using the Futaba RX and the A2, I get more channels)

Yesterday I upgraded the A2 controller to the latest version 2.6. Then the fun began...

I no longer had control of the shutter. I figured the gimbal needed updating too so I installed GCU firmware version 2.4 and IMU firmware 1.8. The shutter still did not work. I then read that the gimbal had to be connected to Can 2 with this version so I did that. Still no shutter.

After reading various forums, I managed to roll back to A2 Controller firmware version 2.4. The shutter worked again. My happiness was short lived when I realised that after one click of the shutter, the picture never returned on the FPV as described in other people's posts above.

I have tried rolling back the gimbal firmware by using an earlier version of the gimbal assistant but the earliest version of the GCU firmware available seems to be 2.4.

So, what is the answer? I am also a commercial operator in the UK and I need this to work properly as soon as possible. Has anyone figured how to roll back to an early version of GCU firmware (like version 1.4) for the Z-15 GH3 which works??

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules