1329 18 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all.  Thought I would share a video I did using a combination of  the P4P, Mavic, and Osmo of my wife & I cutting down a tree in our  yard.  Just started using DaVinci Resolve as my editor.  Let me know  what you think.

2017-5-1
Use props
ezDrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

Very nice video. I live in Colorado as well... If you have any suggestions on cool places to fly let me know.
2017-5-1
Use props
tkflyfisher7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150164 ft
United States

ezDrew Posted at 2017-5-1 18:13
Very nice video. I live in Colorado as well... If you have any suggestions on cool places to fly let me know.

I think if that was done in California you'd probably get reported for "unauthorized removal of vegetation". My neighbor got a ticket last week with this response on it for cutting down a 15 foot tall pine tree.
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's pretty neat, thanks for sharing!
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It seems that you had more fun playing with the saw than fly the MAIVC...  I hope he did NOT get jealous and tries to flyaway on you...

BTW the video looks really nice.
2017-5-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Good job!!
2017-5-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha ProQuad,

Poor tree.  Looks like it had a good life though.  Good thing you took it down.  Bees could have really become a problem.  And with all the buzzing drones, it would be hard to tell them apart!

Nice editing.  you are definitely getting the hang of it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-2
Use props
Crikey Africa
lvl.1

Australia

Nice video mate
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ezDrew Posted at 2017-5-1 18:13

ezDrew,
So many places to fly (legally) in Colorado...we have the mountains for sure.  If you in the Denver area PM me, we can figure something out and its all ways cool to fly with someone.
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tkflyfisher7 Posted at 2017-5-1 18:57
I think if that was done in California you'd probably get reported for "unauthorized removal of vegetation". My neighbor got a ticket last week with this response on it for cutting down a 15 foot tall pine tree.

Really?  Holly crap, that's odd.  Guess you Cali's need a permit to take down dead/dying tree's, eah?  
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-1 19:59
That's pretty neat, thanks for sharing!

DJI-Jamie,
Thanks, as you told me once before, we don't become pro over night so I'm working on it.  Glad you liked it.
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-1 20:17
It seems that you had more fun playing with the saw than fly the MAIVC...  I hope he did NOT get jealous and tries to flyaway on you...

BTW the video looks really nice.

HAHAHA...No he did not become jealous because he know that we was 1st...and last.   Notice how he was above the P4P in one of the shots?  (Don't tell the P4P...there will be an issue).  Thanks for looking and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
2017-5-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-5-2 04:39
HAHAHA...No he did not become jealous because he know that we was 1st...and last.   Notice how he was above the P4P in one of the shots?  (Don't tell the P4P...there will be an issue).  Thanks for looking and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Allrighty then...
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-5-2 02:50
Aloha ProQuad,

Poor tree.  Looks like it had a good life though.  Good thing you took it down.  Bees could have really become a problem.  And with all the buzzing drones, it would be hard to tell them apart!

Aloha Cetacean!!
So funny you say what you did.  When I was young, I was standing in the garage during a flash rain storm and a lighting bolt hit the tree.  I had the door closed most of the way but I dropped to the floor, saw the light, heard the mega-boom!  This send bark flying, I kid you not, as far as two blocks away.
Since then it was struck by lighting 2 other times after that, top part fell on our neighbors roof, bees have been in and out several times, squirrels, raccoons, cats, you name it.

It differently had a good life and because we are doing some major landscaping soon, this was just the first stage of it.  Several trees will be planed in it's place with honor.  

Thanks for the feedback
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Crikey...lol love the name and thank you for watching.  I did get a little silly that day, but it makes for a good video.
2017-5-2
Use props
Crikey Africa
lvl.1

Australia

ProQuad Posted at 2017-5-2 04:48
Crikey...lol love the name and thank you for watching.  I did get a little silly that day, but it makes for a good video.

Haha, thanks man. Its the name of our youtube travel channel. we also used Osmo and drone on our trip. I must say the Oslo was a life saver in the car because is was sooo bumpy on those African wilderness roads.
2017-5-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-5-2 04:43
Aloha Cetacean!!
So funny you say what you did.  When I was young, I was standing in the garage during a flash rain storm and a lighting bolt hit the tree.  I had the door closed most of the way but I dropped to the floor, saw the light, heard the mega-boom!  This send bark flying, I kid you not, as far as two blocks away.
Since then it was struck by lighting 2 other times after that, top part fell on our neighbors roof, bees have been in and out several times, squirrels, raccoons, cats, you name it.

Aloha ProQuad,

Good to hear!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-2
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Crikey Africa Posted at 2017-5-2 14:30
Haha, thanks man. Its the name of our youtube travel channel. we also used Osmo and drone on our trip. I must say the Oslo was a life saver in the car because is was sooo bumpy on those African wilderness roads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkJhwnjLLw

That....road....goes...into...space...
Wow, that is, I think, the longest straightest road I think I have seen...AND no one else on it but you.  Now I must go to Africa!
2017-5-2
Use props
Crikey Africa
lvl.1

Australia

ProQuad Posted at 2017-5-2 17:17
That....road....goes...into...space...
Wow, that is, I think, the longest straightest road I think I have seen...AND no one else on it but you.  Now I must go to Africa!

Yeah we didn't see anyone for 2 days. was insane
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules