X3 on separate battery
1028 5 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hello,
I am building a custom Hexacopter and I need to seperate the Gimbal powersupply from the flightcontroller/motor power supply, is this possibly?

My setup:
Flightcontroller N3, Lightbridge 2 and Motors are connected to two parallel 6s Lipos, can I connect the X3 Gimbal (mounted on the M600 X3 Gimbal plate) to a separate 3s Lipo?

Kind regards,
Bernd

2017-5-1
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
Some months back a chap was asking the same questions, heres his page details.
Hope he can shed some light.

ricci

http://forum.dji.com/home.php?mo ... 87824d528e0ff47439a
2017-5-3
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hi,
thanks for your reply, but I already know that it can be used from 3s-6s. My problem is, that I have to use the gimbal with a seperated battery, my flightcontroller, LB2 and motors are running on 6s batteries, and my gimbal X3 should run with a 3s battery. I don't know if this can cause problems, because the X3 is connected to the LB2 gimbal port, and I don't want to kill my LB2 or X3.

Bernd
2017-5-3
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Bernde

Are you using a Matrice mounting bracket?

If you are then it has its own power lead with a XT60 connector that powers the X3 camera. If you hook that up to the main flight battery or a different battery it will make no difference. The X3 gets power directly from that lead not the LB2 and it doesn't power the LB2 either..

Ive hooked it up separately when testing stuff (although it was to another 6S lipo) but I don't see how a different battery type would make any difference.
2017-5-7
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hi Hazardpro1,
thanks for the information, I will try.

Kind Regards,
Bernd
2017-5-7
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

Hello
I have also own Quadcopter with A3 + LB2 + M600 X series mounting plate  , also use external 3S power for mounting plate instead of X60 , beacuse my Drone using 12S power ,
Gimbal starts initias when power on then dead, no video signal as well ,
any advised ?

Thanks
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules