Two weeks with the MP
1227 17 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Two weeks ago i bought myself my first drone.
I have been photographing for 12 years with Canon and Nikon gear, these days i needed someting more relaxing and a new perspective.
So i bought a Mavic, i understand everything, everything is under control and i like how things work. ( looking for inspire 2 also now )
But since the Mavic came out of the package i was experiecing problems with the camera system.
First i assumed it was by the wind, so tested with the acrylic dome, without, with a sun shield dome version etc etc etc.
Here some pictures.

IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

I still have to get myself into video editing, and adding music and stuff ( use Final cut pro now )
I had just a few succesfull days:

IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

But all my other days are like:

I think i will bring the drone back to the store, its so frustrating that sometimes you get very good results but most days are just  {:4_154:}
But i truly enjoy this drone, i am reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, i see there are ''problems'' with gimbals etc, sure we always hear the negative side.
Soon i might get myself a Inspire 2 becuase of better camera quality, but first i will look on the Inspire forum about problems with it.
Great community btw with kind people and lots of information.

Kind regards, Erwin Kats
The Netherlands.

2017-5-2
Use props
fans28300a9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8045 ft
Cyprus

Bought a brand new Mavic with all the trimmings a week ago. Still havent got it in the air yet and I have been told it has to be returned because of a hardware fault. GUTTED
2017-5-2
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the exact same situation as yourself. The video I posted on youtube of the issue, DJI has commented on it saying it's a gimbal fault and needs to be returned.
2017-5-2
Use props
fans3a510b67
New
Flight distance : 93409 ft
United States

Hello. Great photos and videos. The distortion looks like electrical magnetic interference or frequency disturbance
2017-5-2
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Hello fellow dutchie! Where did you take these shots? I'm still trying to find a proper place to do my video's.

I can only say that damn, you have a bad unit. Contact your supplier and tell them you want to return it. You should be able to do that within the two weeks range in the Netherlands.
Then, after you have returned it, buy a new one either from DJI or another dutch store. Preferable one with a large supply.
Good luck!
2017-5-2
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans28300a9f Posted at 2017-5-2 03:05
Bought a brand new Mavic with all the trimmings a week ago. Still havent got it in the air yet and I have been told it has to be returned because of a hardware fault. GUTTED

damn sorry to hear, whats wrong with these things
2017-5-2
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans3a510b67 Posted at 2017-5-2 03:29
Hello. Great photos and videos. The distortion looks like electrical magnetic interference or frequency disturbance

Thank you!
well, the problem occurs also while I am 5km out from the shore, open fields and so on.
it is also completely random
2017-5-2
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

JelloMaster Posted at 2017-5-2 03:23
I'm in the exact same situation as yourself. The video I posted on youtube of the issue, DJI has commented on it saying it's a gimbal fault and needs to be returned.

Sounds like you have yourself an answer!
ill head back to the store tomorrow, I hope i can convince them that the product isn't working properly with all the footage I got in the meanwhile.
2017-5-2
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

K4Unl Posted at 2017-5-2 04:03
Hello fellow dutchie! Where did you take these shots? I'm still trying to find a proper place to do my video's.

I can only say that damn, you have a bad unit. Contact your supplier and tell them you want to return it. You should be able to do that within the two weeks range in the Netherlands.

Hey !
Where I live are lots of dunes and sea, I shoot there most of the time. ( also a very big nature park where it is still allowed to fly, Zuid Kennermerland )
No people nearby and lots of room to practice.
The flower fields are shot nearby Petten.
I have passed the two weeks with 2 days now, I bought it at the media markt, was the only one on Sunday selling them.
Their supply was big!
2017-5-2
Use props
Stooky
lvl.2
United States

Great Shots and Video! Sucks to see the shaky syndrome, seems like you had a nice area to shoot.
2017-5-2
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Netherlands

Erka56 Posted at 2017-5-2 11:25
Hey !
Where I live are lots of dunes and sea, I shoot there most of the time. ( also a very big nature park where it is still allowed to fly, Zuid Kennermerland )
No people nearby and lots of room to practice.

Wow that park is JUST between the CTR of Schiphol and some small airports! Will have to drive out there once when the weather is good.

I would definately try going back to the Media Markt. Just tell them you couldn't return it two days ago because the stores were closed or something..
2017-5-2
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Stooky Posted at 2017-5-2 19:40
Great Shots and Video! Sucks to see the shaky syndrome, seems like you had a nice area to shoot.

Thanks !
The shaky syndrome footage was shot near my home town, so I am glad I didn't had to travel to get some shots over there .
2017-5-3
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

K4Unl Posted at 2017-5-2 22:31
Wow that park is JUST between the CTR of Schiphol and some small airports! Will have to drive out there once when the weather is good.

I would definately try going back to the Media Markt. Just tell them you couldn't return it two days ago because the stores were closed or something..

, I still recommend looking out carefully.
Especially near the beach, helicopters and planes from the rescue forces, private and commercial helicopter also fly pretty low near the shore.
The dutch rules and zones do not say it is a no fly zone so I fly there, but with local knowledge also with care.
Ill head to the media markt tonight and will tell them ;).
Had some shaky image again today .
2017-5-3
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Netherlands

Erka56 Posted at 2017-5-3 08:17
, I still recommend looking out carefully.
Especially near the beach, helicopters and planes from the rescue forces, private and commercial helicopter also fly pretty low near the shore.
The dutch rules and zones do not say it is a no fly zone so I fly there, but with local knowledge also with care.

Good to know. Thanks!
Dutch law unfortunately has a lot of no fly zones where i live (Veluwe) so i have to travel quite far

Keep us updated about your drone.
2017-5-3
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

K4Unl Posted at 2017-5-3 22:59
Good to know. Thanks!
Dutch law unfortunately has a lot of no fly zones where i live (Veluwe) so i have to travel quite far

ouch, my fault.
I was way too busy that I couldn't head to the Mediamarkt for returning it for money and get another one.
Today I talked to Amedeo from DJI Tech and everything is arranged.
Very quick and clear communication, I will have to sent my Mavic in for repair.

A friend of my also owns a Mavic since last weekend, and to see if my Mavic was ill I invited him to come over and to see the difference.
WoW, When the Mavic does run properly there is such a big difference !
here a picture of his Mavic up in the air ;).
I Will update when I got more information regarding the repair.*mhm, somewhere awefull compression kickedin.
Schermafbeelding 2017-05-15 om 19.22.04.jpg

2017-5-15
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Netherlands

Erka56 Posted at 2017-5-15 09:27
ouch, my fault.
I was way too busy that I couldn't head to the Mediamarkt for returning it for money and get another one.
Today I talked to Amedeo from DJI Tech and everything is arranged.

That picture doesn't look like it was taken at 120m... But ofcourse i could be mistaken (lack of trees does make it hard to judge height)

But sweet, hope they cover it under warranty. It's a good thing that the repair center is in the Netherlands. Saves on shipping time.

Hope you'll have it back soon!
2017-5-15
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

damn those are nice shots
2017-5-16
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Appologies for the late reply, due to business I didn't had any time for anything.
After I made the support ticket I received within a couple of hours an e-mail from DJI support, great fast service and they arranged a pickup for the drone.
The drone went to the Dutch repair center where they concluded the camera unit had to be replaced ( free of charge ), unit came back and is working perfect again!!.
From making support ticket to getting the drone back in my house was 4 business days.
Great support from Dji !!!!
I also bought myself the DJI Osmo mobile and Dji Phantom 4 pro in the mean while, the Mavic needed some more love when I am not around ;)
IMG_8247.jpeg
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules