1234Next >
7812 153 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.2
Australia

chalde Posted at 2017-5-4 04:52
In previous posts, you will read that it's completely illegal to fly drone in Paris...

And pretty sure it's also illegal to fly drone in London as well.

How can it be illegal...........................  I know its legal...  I am talking about security wise....I dont want the whole street of people looking me and become a target.
2017-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-4 07:18
*user's post has been deleted for offensive content*

You honestly think a 1 kg weight falling from 250 feet on to a car windscreen in the middle of downtown Paris will be harmless, I never said it would kill someone. You said that because you can't read properly.

And yes it is illegal to fly in the centre of Paris and London, without license and SOP.

As regards to pickpockets petty thievery, don't you come from the continent where we shipped all our convicts and thieves.

2017-5-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-4 07:18
*user's post has been deleted for offensive content*

No reason to insult people due to your own lack of knowledge.  It's been illegal to fly a drone over Paris for a long time.  Have you heard of Google?  Try going to Google.com and typing in "Flying drone in Paris".  
2017-5-4
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-4 06:44
How can it be illegal...........................  I know its legal...  I am talking about security wise....I dont want the whole street of people looking me and become a target.

I'm sorry but you know wrong.

But yeah, it's well known that in Paris, or London, foreigners get robbed all the time, didn't you read People about the Kardashian?

2017-5-4
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

Hey "Drone Police" (Hallmark, Method etc) Can provide a link to a report or some stats with drone accidents/deaths (to bystanders, not operators) that have happened around the world in the last 2 years?

Just curious to know what the numbers are.
2017-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jamesw Posted at 2017-5-4 08:49
Hey "Drone Police" (Hallmark, Method etc) Can provide a link to a report or some stats with drone accidents/deaths (to bystanders, not operators) that have happened around the world in the last 2 years?

Is google out of reach for you.

Getting personal is that really the best you can do.
2017-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

http://www.independent.co.uk/new ... afety-a7180576.html

Is one not enough or is it 2 many.
2017-5-4
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
United States

theskyexplorer Posted at 2017-5-3 00:51
Cheers to that man. I completely agree with you. Its the media, by giving wrong image to drones. When I first got into droning the first reaction people had to be against drones was a privacy concern. But never I have wanted to go spy on a naked girl in her shower with my drone or see into peoples living room. What I want is to see the beauty of the world.
And nowadays when people hear drone they hear terrorism because thats what the media talk about. But let me tell you something. Even if I stop flying my drone over cities, it doesn't mean that terrorists won't be able! And even if they double up on restrictions, a terrorist could still use a mavic pro to go and make a mess. I have nothing to do with this.

Thank you for that :-) My grandma, rest her soul, studied French philology in Paris before the II world war. I imagine this is the kind of view she would have appreciated. When I was a kid she enjoyed showing me a post card album of Paris and talked about how it was then. I have a prize possession - an album of Paris post cards from 1936 that I can now cherish ;-)
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The bickering in this thread needs to stop, Please.
2017-5-4
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

I know I made comments in this thread but we should just appreciate the work that somebody has put in to making a video. No idea what you meant hallmark about my sunset video and dangerous??? Anyway, if people have a problem. Just keep it to yourselves please
2017-5-4
Use props
BinDC
lvl.2
United States

LOL its been fun reading all these -- I got just one thing to say. Here in the USA you would fail and lose your commercial drone license (Part 107) for flying like that. In your flying in Paris and London the sheer fact you have displayed 3 of the 5 hazardous decision making traits would get your licensed pulled very quickly.

Anti-Authority, Macho and invulnerability. Taken straight from page 62 of the FAA Part 107 study guide.  
2017-5-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice shots. But they will be coming for you, such high profile targets, they'll want to make an example of you. DJI has all the info they need to find you.

Are the rest of you bitching again - lol
2017-5-4
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

theskyexplorer Posted at 2017-5-3 10:22
Not sure why the last two posts were not posted with my name. I did it from my phone and it showed a random name, sorry Devon and Wolfang.

No problem, but I was a bit puzzled by that.
2017-5-4
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-4 09:33
The bickering in this thread needs to stop, Please.

I just wish DJI would delete this whole thread. Why give space to something that is obviously illegal.
2017-5-4
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

"I just wish DJI would delete this whole thread. Why give space to something that is obviously illegal."

Yep , next we'll be seeing drones dropping bombs in Syria .
2017-5-5
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-4 07:49
You honestly think a 1 kg weight falling from 250 feet on to a car windscreen in the middle of downtown Paris will be harmless, I never said it would kill someone. You said that because you can't read properly.

And yes it is illegal to fly in the centre of Paris and London, without license and SOP.

OH MY GOD.....  What century you come from? I cant believe you have just said that.
So Australia is a place where you shipped all your convicts and thieves?   OK.  Let me screen cap that. You made my day.  

TO answer your question.  NO.  Not with the size of a mavic.  People like you getting behind the wheel down the road posts more danger.

You are a classic looser, you are too old for this.

2017-5-6
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-4 07:49

Just to reply your offensive comment.

3 of Australia cities have been voted as the top 10 (BY CNN and FORBES) most liveable cities on earth which is where you send your convicts there, what a punishment.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/18/travel/most-livable-city-2016/
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ ... ty-is/#6ec0c24b3734

So Go back to your little hole in Ireland, and open your eyes to the rest of the world.  
2017-5-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-6 20:17
Just to reply your offensive comment.

3 of Australia cities have been voted as the top 10 (BY CNN and FORBES) most liveable cities on earth which is where you send your convicts there, what a punishment.

I wouldn't put any stock in cnn, it's our propaganda machine, kind of like the daily mail in the uk. Forbes is ok. Germany on the list. {:4_177:}

Australia is nice though. I like how you guys can get 3 phase power to residential property. You guys seem more hippy too like a bunch of Californians.

I wouldn't take what hall says personally, sure if you were french it would be just as bad lol
2017-5-6
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.2
Australia

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-6 20:39
I wouldn't put any stock in cnn, it's our propaganda machine, kind of like the daily mail in the uk. Forbes is ok. Germany on the list.

Australia is nice though. I like how you guys can get 3 phase power to residential property. You guys seem more hippy too like a bunch of Californians.

Thanks.  I haven't been here long to judge, but ... that was a cheap shot.  

yes, we can get 3 phrase power, and more importantly, we can fly our drone in most places just keep it at your line of sight, and not over airport and other no fly zone.

I wonder how many people were caught at Paris after they made the changes?
2017-5-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-6 20:51
Thanks.  I haven't been here long to judge, but ... that was a cheap shot.  

yes, we can get 3 phrase power, and more importantly, we can fly our drone in most places just keep it at your line of sight, and not over airport and other no fly zone.

Not really sure, don't really keep up on stories overseas much. But know Canada passed some really strict laws recently.

Good news is our governor vetoed 4 out of 6 laws they were trying to put on the books this year. I'm sure they'll keep trying.
2017-5-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thoughts

Nice video but, very dangerous.
2017-5-7
Use props
Giulia QV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71575 ft
United Kingdom

No question that your videos and piloting skills are first class. I also have flown nitro helis and quads, i hesitate to use the word drone.
2017-5-7
Use props
nay
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice videos! Subscribed.  
2017-5-7
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-4 21:34
I just wish DJI would delete this whole thread. Why give space to something that is obviously illegal.

You are correct.  DJI needs to delete threads that advertise their products doing dangerous/illegal actions.  It effects them in the long term too.  
2017-5-7
Use props
nay
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as DJI keeps making awesome drones expect these things to happen more and more.
2017-5-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-5 06:51
"I just wish DJI would delete this whole thread. Why give space to something that is obviously illegal."

Yep , next we'll be seeing drones dropping bombs in Syria .

Whole Syria is NFZ for DJI drones. Hongkong was very fast with that update.

Udate "drones doene it before u got your mavic or mavic pro"
2017-5-7
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

It looks like Apple TV screensaver drone videos violate a lot of the same rules the OP did. The rules don't seem to stop Applefrom having the videos shot or playing them for millions of people to see. Even if Apple got special permits, non-permit holders are going to want to shoot videos like these.
Should Apple delete these clips too?

2017-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jamesw Posted at 2017-5-7 14:47
It looks like Apple TV screensaver drone videos violate a lot of the same rules the OP did. The rules don't seem to stop Applefrom having the videos shot or playing them for millions of people to see. Even if Apple got special permits, non-permit holders are going to want to shoot videos like these.
Should Apple delete these clips too?

It's very hard to make sense out of what your saying, so if someone or organisation go to the trouble of training studying for there commercial license paying all the expense and putting in a huge amount of time to get specific operations permit to use a drone in a legal and proper manner, you think everybody who has a drone should just go out and fly without permission or training, something you yourself should be more aware of than most.
If you think doing this illegal flying is not going to have an effect on other hobbyists and a greater need to further impose more laws and rules against them then I'm afraid your wrong.
If you want to go fly your drone illegally then do it, but respect others who fly safely and don't need to see you being c*ck of the north showing or bragging about illegal flying.
2017-5-7
Use props
theskyexplorer
lvl.1
Belgium

My latest post. Hope you guys like it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTzS ... _explorer&hl=en
2017-5-7
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Classic reaction by calling people Drone Police, is only an attempt to try to scare those who try to follow the law, not to get other people to follow the same rules.

The problem is that, more strict regulations will only hit these people, people like you will fly on, even if a total ban should be a reality.

2017-5-7
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

theskyexplorer Posted at 2017-5-7 23:41

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTzSXbilDk5/?taken-by=the_sky_explorer&hl=en

Great job man, you just flew totally illegal in a country that have had a drone ban not long ago.
2017-5-7
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

theskyexplorer Posted at 2017-5-7 23:41

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTzSXbilDk5/?taken-by=the_sky_explorer&hl=en

I now see it's just click bait. I will refer you back to your post number 70...
2017-5-8
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

nice shots but it`s illegal...because of guys like you regulations exist today
2017-5-8
Use props
theskyexplorer
lvl.1
Belgium

Jesper J Posted at 2017-5-7 23:54
Great job man, you just flew totally illegal in a country that have had a drone ban not long ago.

Who said it was illegal ? How do you know this for a fact ?
2017-5-8
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.2
Australia

Jesper J Posted at 2017-5-7 23:52
Classic reaction by calling people Drone Police, is only an attempt to try to scare those who try to follow the law, not to get other people to follow the same rules.

The problem is that, more strict regulations will only hit these people, people like you will fly on, even if a total ban should be a reality.

I wonder how many people ever got caught.   For example... Paris... there weren't even enough office to police the street from Petty thieves...... let alone spotting drones and finding the pilot and catching them....
2017-5-8
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.2
Australia

Tealk Posted at 2017-5-8 04:54
nice shots but it`s illegal...because of guys like you regulations exist today

what did he do beside to produce great footage? Why would you think they introduced the regulation because of him or people like him? I dont understand your logic
2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

theskyexplorer Posted at 2017-5-8 05:07

Although they have not released any new legislation yet, these are the rules and you will particularly note the one for flying in urban areas, it's fairly black and white.

The use of a drone for recreational use or as a mere hobby does not need to be authorized by the AESA. In any case, this does not mean that it is not subject to certain mandatory minimum safety standards such as:

Before using a drone, it must always be visible and must not exceed 120 meters high
While it is not necessary to be a pilot, you should be able to fly with some confidence
The same restrictions applicable to commercial flying drones are applicable to recreational drones:
You cannot fly in urban areas or crowds of people
You cannot fly at night
It is forbidden to fly drones near airports or airfields as well as flying drones in areas where other flights are operating at a low altitude and endangering others.
The fine is up to €225000.

So I'm not sure if this answers your question.
2017-5-8
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-8 05:17
what did he do beside to produce great footage? Why would you think they introduced the regulation because of him or people like him? I dont understand your logic

Read the thread.  His dangerous flying perpetuates regulation.  You know how it's now going to be a crime to fly of stadiums in Texas?  That's from people who flew over stadiums even after a regulation was passed saying not to.

It's very simple.  If people don't do unsafe things - the law doesn't pass laws making those unsafe things illegal.  We don't need more hassles as drone pilots.
2017-5-8
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

theskyexplorer Posted at 2017-5-8 05:07

Really?  

Google?

http://bfy.tw/BfZv

2017-5-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules