123Next >
9549 102 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexcannas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28038 ft
United Kingdom

@Kronos69 Are you sure you have NO upgrade log files?
On Windows, the upgrade logs are saved in your "C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log\" folder. The DJI video is probably only valid on Windows 7 or earlier.
PS: Replace **USERNAME** with your actual account name.
2017-5-4
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

alexcannas Posted at 2017-5-4 14:12
@Kronos69 Are you sure you have NO upgrade log files?
On Windows, the upgrade logs are saved in your "C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log\" folder. The DJI video is probably only valid on Windows 7 or earlier.

Totally sure - that folder (upgrade_log) doesn't even exist inside Assistant 2 folder. I think that has something to do with the "javascipt" without the "R" problem (picture 3). The software tells me that the log gets even uploaded to DJI (as you can see in the second picture) but I doubt it really does.
2017-5-4
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Anyway seen that I still have the unit with me (PayPal haven't emailed me the shipping address yet) I can try again tomorrow to locate them, one last time for science's sake.
2017-5-4
Use props
pfalcon
lvl.2

United States

Did you try using a different cable than the one supplied?  I have had issues similar to this with other products and it turned out to be a faulty USB cable
2017-5-4
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

pfalcon Posted at 2017-5-4 14:24
Did you try using a different cable than the one supplied?  I have had issues similar to this with other products and it turned out to be a faulty USB cable

Yes, to no avail, and the supplied cable worked perfectly with the remote (tried refreshing original firmware). I was sure it was something easily solvable but I was clearly wrong.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-4 13:30
Did exactly that, as also suggested by PayPal employee.
Already bought another drone in the meantime.
Thanks everyone with the support and thanks Natalia.

I am so sorry I did not help you out before you decided to return it.
For DJI Care Refresh service, after you return the drone, please send an e-mail to djicare@dji.com with the proof of return and aircraft SN, we'll help you handle it.
2017-5-4
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-4 19:31
For DJI Care Refresh service, after you return the drone, please send an e-mail to  with the proof of return and aircraft SN, we'll help you handle it.

Thanks anyway for trying!!
Ok, I'll do as you suggest!
2017-5-4
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

For DJI Care Refresh service, after you return the drone, please send an e-mail to  with the proof of return and aircraft SN, we'll help you handle it.

HOT update and question for Natalia (question at the bottom of the post).

Still waiting for PayPal to send me the address to ship the #1 drone back, but I'm now enjoying drone #2 since like a week. Truly an amazing aircraft, when it works.

This said

I'm 90% sure I found out WHY my drone died during the update, and WHY many users find difficult to update the aircraft.

With drone #1 as said before I updated the drone with the phone, while it was sitting on a wooden surface, but I didn't assist to the entire process, because the download was taking a while.
So I came back later to find it stuck @ 87%, and after another 10-15 minutes, the update failed, and my painful story started.

I updated today the #2 (working) drone to 550 firmware version (did it in 1 run with assistant 2, flawless update, without SD card, firmware already downloaded for the other drone, so it started immediately), but I didn't like it, so later I tried to downgrade the mavic to 400.

Before reverting to 400, I had to locate the cable, while the mavic was turned on, on he usual flat wooden surface. The mavic so reached the temperature where the fan starts spinning. Then, I launched the update, and this time it had to download the firmware first, and then the real update fase started.

The "update" phase stopped at 24%, the drone restarted, the update continued from 24 to 86% where it got stuck again, restarted, and then sit there for more than one minute, let's say two. I was in literal pain.

I then noticed a strange thing: THE FAN WAS NOT WORKING! I touched the bottom of the drone, and it was almost scorching HOT! Like 60 deg celsius, at least.

I turned the drone off, disconnected it, and turned it on a few times. The assistant was not seeing anything. So as a last chance I disconnected it again, turned it off, and started to blow inside the front port, after that I let it cool down on a cool ceramic surface, and tried again when it was cooled down: the update RESTARTED from where I left it, got stuck @ 99%, but it was a glitch because opening the app again, the update went fine. For safety reasons, I refreshed the update, now keeping the mavic "airborne" with my hand: flawless update, WHITHOUT A SINGLE REBOOT.

So it does SEEM to me that the mavic maybe restarts himself during the update when it becomes too hot, but the fan never starts running immediately, and sometimes during the update restarts, it won't turn on completely.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but please folks, try to update your mavic keeping it FAR FROM ANY SURFACE (and without gimbal lock, but that should be obvious), or over a heat conducting surface. Otherwise your mavic could get so hot that it burns something of its circuitry. Temperature related shutdown seems to be disabled or at least not functional (because it doesn't turn off, it just reboots) in the middle of the update process.

About that, Natalia, the #2 drone seems to work now, but I'm scared that the hot temperatures may have damaged something inside (like it seems it happened on the #1 drone, still unresponsive and about to be shipped back). I stopped it soon this time, but the heatsink still reached approx 60 deg Celsius for about two minutes or more, may you kindly ask to your engineers if this may have damaged some important circuitry? May I fly this drone thinking it's reasonably safe (drone status is OK, at least listening to the software), or have I to be worried of it failing on me during flight? The drone is being used in semi-critical scenarios, so that's an outcome I'm worried about.

P.s.: maybe I'm wrong, but if I just solved the dilemma "why is my mavic so difficult to update", I think that more than someone owes me a beer :3
2017-5-15
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

P.p.s.: before someone asks, the mavic exhausts wheren't obstructed: it's just a flat, empty wooden surface. See attached pic
image.jpg
2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

Apparently DJI says refurbished is just as good as new, don't waste your time. I'm currently in process of a refund after they promised me after a new package, it was refurbished so I called 6 different times and every time I was told a refurbished unit will be sent out even tho my mavic bricked right out of the box. Good luck
2017-5-17
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Can you - please - help me with this?

PayPal dispute is going at a slow pace because DJI is apparently doing everything to slow it down: DJI is not responding through PayPal, never, only externally by mail.

Inside the external emails, they're telling me to send it back for the refund (but no label shipped yet, after all this time), inside PayPal DJI doesn't mention the product as faulty, they only say "the product has been shipped correctly".

This way the refund process is taking longer.

PayPal case number
PP-005-785-424-065

Can you please have someone from DJI tell PayPal what we concluded here and in other occasions, that the drone needs to be shipped back?
Or, help me getting the return label for the refund (I bought another one) shipped to me asap?

Whichever faster, really I'm baffled by this unusual approach, I was not expecting all of this.

Thanks
2017-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-27 00:59
Can you - please - help me with this?

PayPal dispute is going at a slow pace because DJI is apparently doing everything to slow it down: DJI is not responding through PayPal, never, only externally by mail.

Sorry for your experience, I've reported your case to the local designated department, will try out best to help you on it.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansf1224c1b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17247 ft
United Kingdom

Any update on this?

By the way, regarding the Log folder, did you check:   c:\users\your username\AppData\Roaming

There should be a DJI assistant 2 folder (possibly 2) and one will have the LOG folder.

You may need to enable "Show hidden files and folders and drives in "File Explorer Options" in your control panel
2017-5-27
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-27 01:48
Sorry for your experience, I've reported your case to the local designated department, will try out best to help you on it.

Thanks very much

Waiting for feedback from the support team
2017-5-28
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

fansf1224c1b Posted at 2017-5-27 06:38
Any update on this?

By the way, regarding the Log folder, did you check:   c:\users\your username\AppData\Roaming

Did check for that.

Also checked for every (hidden or not) log folders on the PC, to no avail.

The drone is about to be returned (still) while I'm using a second mavic that had no problems updating to .700 (later successfully reverted to .400 because of the NFZ errors).

It gave me two esc errors right after updating and downgrading (gone after an automatic firmware inconsistency fix), and has now flied 10h30m without any problem.

My experience, specifically about the mavic and not about other DJI products that I have, until now is:

hardware 10/10
software (while flying) 9/10
software update process (firmware) 1/10
sale support 10/10
after sale support 2/10 (and I even bought two separate dji care refresh packs)
2017-5-28
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Ugh! What a nightmare!  I'm sorry that you had such a rough experience.   I ordered mine from a 3rd party so that I could easily return it if there were problems.  Luckily I didn't have any problems but I have now ordered a Spark directly from DJI.  I hope we don't experience these problems once they start shipping.  
2017-5-28
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Jimmers Posted at 2017-5-28 06:52
Ugh! What a nightmare!  I'm sorry that you had such a rough experience.   I ordered mine from a 3rd party so that I could easily return it if there were problems.  Luckily I didn't have any problems but I have now ordered a Spark directly from DJI.  I hope we don't experience these problems once they start shipping.

Best wishes with the spark! It seems really a nice lil' product I just hope that everything is ok when it arrives.
Otherwise have yourself mentally prepared
2017-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-28 05:45
Thanks very much

Waiting for feedback from the support team

Just to verify, did you provide us the information needed to issue the refund?
2017-5-31
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-31 04:09

Yes I did provide the product s/n, my personal infos, my address, a proof of purchase and everything else requested - I also bought from the DJI store with my account so it's all redundant infos already in DJI's database since day one.

Anyway I keep getting forwarded (today included) to other reps, I've lost the count, and no one has replied through PayPal yet (it would be the quickest way: "yes PayPal we agree with the refund process"), only externally by mail, forwarding me to other departments...

I guess I'll keep waiting.

Meanwhile, thanks for your sincere help.
2017-5-31
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
United States

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-31 10:52
Yes I did provide the product s/n, my personal infos, my address, a proof of purchase and everything else requested - I also bought from the DJI store with my account so it's all redundant infos already in DJI's database since day one.

Anyway I keep getting forwarded (today included) to other reps, I've lost the count, and no one has replied through PayPal yet (it would be the quickest way: "yes PayPal we agree with the refund process"), only externally by mail, forwarding me to other departments...

I have had similar experiences like that with other vendors not responding via paypal. It has been my experience that paypal will issue the refund and side with you due to the vendor failing to respond. You just have to wait for the process to play itself out...I think it is a 30 day period, but it should say on your paypal claim.
2017-5-31
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Mavic 007 Posted at 2017-5-31 11:02
I have had similar experiences like that with other vendors not responding via paypal. It has been my experience that paypal will issue the refund and side with you due to the vendor failing to respond. You just have to wait for the process to play itself out...I think it is a 30 day period, but it should say on your paypal claim.

Yep but why make me wait so long? To punish me for having bought one their products (again, as a long time customer)?

PayPal now asked me to have the drone checked by an expert - and have him produce a written report - to my expense, since DJI actually responded ONCE to them, just telling them that they shipped the product correctly - never mentioning that we concluded multiple times, with multiple DJI support teams, that the unit is defective.

This is as close as fraud that someone can legally get.

Totally hypocritical and disrespectful.

Why omit this infos to PayPal? Why if someone intents are honest?

I have been very patient, but I'm pretty close to get really irate.

I've already talked with my bank and they would be more than happy to help me with a chargeback.

I'll wait two days before requesting that: I conceptually don't like the idea of having my money back BEFORE sending the drone back, because I am an honest individual, but I can do it, and I - will - do it if this situation goes on without solution until this weekend.
2017-5-31
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-31 04:09

- Check above answer to your question -

This said, I'll patiently wait until this weekend to receive a return label for a refund, either via DJI or via PayPal (after DJI tells them that yes, I can send the product back because it's defective).

After this weekend, I'll issue a chargeback (my bank told me that they'll be happy to help me with that), and I'll get my money back anyway. I'll later send DJI the drone back, with the same hurry DJI sent me my return label.

It's been a month. A month waiting for a label, continuously asking me to provide data already in DJI's servers, and weeks never responding to the PayPal claim.
My patience is over.

Thanks for your help, you seem the only one to care, but this situation is unbelievable.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-31 14:34
- Check above answer to your question -

This said, I'll patiently wait until this weekend to receive a return label for a refund, either via DJI or via PayPal (after DJI tells them that yes, I can send the product back because it's defective).

It seems the problem is caused by lack of communication for 3 parties.
You replied the e-mail to our DJI support directly?
Could you please provide me a screenshot so I can forward it to the support who keeps following up your case?
2017-6-1
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-1 02:51
It seems the problem is caused by lack of communication for 3 parties.
You replied the e-mail to our DJI support directly?
Could you please provide me a screenshot so I can forward it to the support who keeps following up your case?

Jun 02 I received an email from Ralph R. stating

Hello (edited),

Here's the case number: CAS-683038-X0P3Y6
Based on the information & proof supplied, you are eligible for a refund.
Towards the end of the day you will receive an email from UPS with your shipping label for you to print out & attach to your parcel.

When we receive the unit, we will inspect the unit:
- Is it complete?
- No customer damage?

If these questions have been answered positively, we will contact our Financial department and issue you a refund.

PLEASE make sure to send us the complete set with all the accessories that came with the unit! Else we are not be able to refund it.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Ralf

--

That evening I received a mail from UPS stating that a return label was created (including the tracking number of said label and relative data) but still I have NOT received the printable label itself... :/
There aren't links or attachments inside the UPS notification email that link to any label, actually, and yes I'm sure about that.

Can you please have that label finally sent to me? Thanks.

New case number is included above.
2017-6-4
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Réunion

Thats the reason i both my in local store...if give problems during the first 15 days, i will not wast one day trying to fix it, will go directly to the store again.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-6-4 16:49
Jun 02 I received an email from Ralph R. stating

Hello (edited),

Could you please upload a screenshot here showing what it said in the e-mail?
Besides, I PMed you the shipping label, please check it.
2017-6-5
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 00:41

This is all it was said in the email (before that, the same test translated in Italian)
The links were only showing me the tracking of that label

Thanks, I'll check the PMs
IMG_8525.PNG
2017-6-10
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

I checked the PMs but I see only a label number and no attachments: what's needed is a complete, printable label with barcodes/qr codes on it, otherwise the nearest postal office or mbe (mail, boxes etc.) won't accept it.

Meanwhile I won the PayPal dispute, now I'm waiting to receive the return shipping address.

Lesson learned, buy on amazon ^_^

Let's just hope that an eventual repair process would proceed easier...
2017-6-10
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and it's absurd to make a customer go through all this.

Could someone from DJI please tell us how you learned from all of this? What's steps you're now taking to assure customers that this type of incident will never happen again?

Why are there so many horror stories when it comes to DJI customer service?

How you any of you at DJi feel if you yourself had to go through the same nightmare?

Please explain what's going on. I'm scared to death to buy a DJI product.
2017-6-10
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

This is an example of a complete, usable, UPS Electronic Return Label (the return option DJI choose for me). Nobody sent that to me, DJI support continues having UPS mailing me that lines above without any printable labels, and you PMd me just the label number - no images of an actual label to print.

I received the PayPal shipment address and it's in Hong Kong, it would cost me a little less than 300€ to ship the thing back with them.

Really there's no other option than a chargeback.

One last, patient, try: may I receive an actually usable shipping label in a timely fashion?

It shouldn't be that difficult, what's the matter? May I help you with that? DJI should open the UPS account, locate this return shipment, have the label re-downloaded and directly send that to me.
9071D584-1C92-47C8-9A67-9E613F2383EF-497-0000008C3B0A9C2C.gif
2017-6-11
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

You can send it to carloalberto@ranzani.it if you need an alternative address
2017-6-11
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Still nothing.

Label not received.

Beside, the prepaid label would send the drone in the Netherlands, while DJI told PayPal that if I want to send it back with them (at my expense, PayPal only covers 30€), I have to send it back to Hong Kong, please don't allow PayPal payments if the policy is to punish the client that uses it: DJI never replied to me through PayPal, only externally, never admitted that drone is not functioning internally, only externally via mail, and gave me an impractical return shipping address.

Besides, no one is sending me a real usable shipping label, only unusable tracking codes.

Is this for real? It's the MOST ridiculous after sale service I've not only experienced, but heard of. I swear.
2017-6-12
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

CheckYourSix Posted at 2017-6-10 18:25
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and it's absurd to make a customer go through all this.

Could someone from DJI please tell us how you learned from all of this? What's steps you're now taking to assure customers that this type of incident will never happen again?

BE scared, plenty of this stories as you can read around.

I did believe it was the classical thing "only the small fraction of users with problems complains and is more visible".

Boy I was so wrong, as you can see.
They still have my money, with no hurry to give that back to me, and there will be no future compensation whatsoever for this nightmare.
2017-6-12
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

For real, tomorrow I'm shipping the drone with a real return label that DJI eventually sent me, or I'm filling this damned chargeback module and maybe sending them the unit back after two months, with the same hurry.

If and when I get a prepaid shipping label, of course. I'm not paying a cent to return a faulty unit.
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-6-12 01:09
Still nothing.

Label not received.

We sent you the UPS label for service times via e-mail, not sure what happened during the process.
Have you contacted UPS to send it in?
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-6-12 01:18
For real, tomorrow I'm shipping the drone with a real return label that DJI eventually sent me, or I'm filling this damned chargeback module and maybe sending them the unit back after two months, with the same hurry.

If and when I get a prepaid shipping label, of course. I'm not paying a cent to return a faulty unit.

Nice to know you got it finally.
Please send it in, we'll take care of it for you, thanks for your patience!
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CheckYourSix Posted at 2017-6-10 18:25

Customer satisfaction is very important to us, we care much about your experience with us and would love to try our best to help you.
For this case, we feel deeply sorry for the trouble caused, we created the return case for him and sent e-mails for several times with UPS, while he failed to receive it for some unknown reasons.
2017-6-12
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-12 01:34
Nice to know you got it finally.
Please send it in, we'll take care of it for you, thanks for your patience!

It was just a consideration (if I don't get it, then...)

Anyway it seems that meanwhile after your reply I got it for real, 10 mins ago actually, on the backup email, thanks for your time and effort.

Let's hope it's all finished after I mail it back ( ˙-˙ )

What are refund time frames?
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-6-12 02:17
It was just a consideration (if I don't get it, then...)

Anyway it seems that meanwhile after your reply I got it for real, 10 mins ago actually, on the backup email, thanks for your time and effort.

We'll try our best to help you get it resolved as soon as possible.
2017-6-13
Use props
fansa48b05cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8379 ft
United States

It sounds like the "boot block" on your Mavic got corrupted during the use date
2017-6-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now