Butter be shure too spel corectaly now ok evoriwone
2015-5-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-9 05:33
Mr. Ed,

I highly recommend and nominate Gerry for that position.

Thanks for the vote of confidence JTR, but I wouldn't take it even if they paid me.  I like what I am doing now.  I work at the Drive In for a salary of $1 dollar a season.   The owner pays everyone else by the hour.  I do it because it's fun and I don't need the money.
I just wish I could return the money they put on my account.  I would gladly send every penny back now that I know how and why it was put on my account.  Guilt complex I'm guessing.  
2015-5-8
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-9 13:14
Thanks for the vote of confidence JTR, but I wouldn't take it even if they paid me.  I like what I  ...

Gerry,

I didn't expect it to work out but I'd be gettin' me some of them spare DJI genuine props with them DJI dollars! Really, I was just reiterating my feelings about your willingness to help people on this forum with your knowledge of the Phantoms. I haven't seen many willing to spend hours or even days trying to work someone through a particular issue. They don't want you anyway, you're too ornery!

Jerry
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

stop opening a new @$#%&*! tab every thread i click on, its far easier simply going back in the browser instead of having to keep track of 10000 stupid tabs and close them all.
2015-5-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 05:50
He can submit a resume.  But he will need more experience than Gertrude and Heathcliff.    We su ...

But he will need more experience than Gertrude and Heathcliff

You own 2 p2's amd 1 p2 + so that makes you more experienced.   I haven't gone through the DJI 2 or 3 week course in all the equipment like you have.

I DID go through the Comcast internet support training,  the TomTom GPS equipment support training and the Sirius Satellite support training and worked in a call center for 4 years troubleshooting the various equipment on those 3 contracts on the phone.  I have my Microsoft A+ certification,  my Microsoft Networking certification, my Novell Networking certification, my helpdesk certification and Directv support, work at home programming over the phone, all in the bag and I did all that after the papermill where I worked at for 27 years closed the doors.  I was 55 years old at the time and have probably taken 30,000 or more calls before my retirement.  I just haven't done the DJI training course.  I know how the training courses work,  2 or 3 weeks of familiarization of the equipment and the programming of the website to be able to navigate the website to find the answers.  I DO know how to trouble shoot a problem.

The easiest question to fix is "my camera is jittery when I move it with the thumb wheel"  All I ever see from the DJI team here is"send it in for repair"  when all it needed was the TX to be calibrated without being connected to the programming.  I laugh at that statement as I post the calibration page on how to do it.  Why doesn't DJI have that in their knowledge base.  I never see any trouble shooting from them on a persons problem.  Just see the canned answer DJI tells them to say.

I'm not trying to belittle you or disrespect your position in any way, but you now  know a little more about me and how I think.  I did take that first statement you made about me in a kind of insulting manner, but I can shrug them off just as easy.  

Gerry
RET.
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-10 02:40

You own 2 p2's amd 1 p2 + so that  ...

ive worked call center tech support in the past and not sure how dji handles theirs but most companies outsource it to call centers that handle many accounts, mostly employing morons who barely pass a 2 week class before hitting the phones, depending what they are supporting, sometimes its even less.  Some learn and actually know wtf they are talking about but to some its just a crappy job and they are clueless plebs who follow their call scripts and flowcharts and hand out canned responses to problems anyone halfway knowledgeable can identify and fix easily.  Its the luck of the draw getting someone who knows anything usually, i hang up and call again if i get a clueless moron, lol!
2015-5-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-5-10 03:29
ive worked call center tech support in the past and not sure how dji handles theirs but most compa ...

Usually call center support people "burn out" within 6 to 9 months.  The ones that last a couple of years are good.  I put up with 4 years just to make it to retirement, then I had enough.  I vary rarely followed their script except for the opening and that ticked off the higher ups but since I had a high resolution rate, they didn't fire me.
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-10 03:35
Usually call center support people "burn out" within 6 to 9 months.  The ones that last a couple o ...

same here, i showed up late and left early but was the top guy on my team with the best times and resolutions so they never bothered me about it. i only lasted about a year, twice, took a break for a few years and then went back for some dumb reason.  Was kinda fun at first, but it does get old quick, lol!
2015-5-9
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you could make it more like RC Groups  that would be great.
No need for the PM function of RC Group s though,
2015-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Autumn,
Is there any way to switch my own green dot back on, when I am online the forum.
It was on, & green yesterday, but today, it's only grey.
What causes this interruption? Also there are several threads that I have posted, I thought, that never were visible on the forum.
Yet they are in my post folder, showing that they were on the forum.
Any ideas about this second foul up, I experience!?

Thanks for looking into this. Feel free to delete this message, once you correct my dilemma.

RedHotPoker
2015-5-11
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

For forum improvement:
1.  Can videos NOT be automatically embedded?  You cannot see any information about the video this way.  At least make it an option.
2.  Can links NOT be opened in a new tab by default?
2015-5-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-10 02:40

You own 2 p2's amd 1 p2 + so that  ...

Gerry,

I own 2 P2'S, a S900 with a gH4 gimbal and camera, 2 inspires and a P3 and a F3330 with a Naza GPS.  Where am I deficient in my understanding of DJ products.   I have been doing this for over a year and a half so I guess that I have out lived my usefullness.
2015-5-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-12 10:42
Gerry,

I own 2 P2'S, a S900 with a gH4 gimbal and camera, 2 inspires and a P3 and a F3330 with a N ...

You should be fixing these people with the difficulties, not us dummies doing it.
2015-5-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-12 11:04
You should be fixing these people with the difficulties, not us dummies doing it.

I respond to our customers and their needs.  Just as you do.  We are all in this together.  
2015-5-12
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Autumn,

Please check this thread for an important issue for the Inspire development team:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid120844
2015-5-12
Use props
nozisim
lvl.1

South Korea

moblie friendly site needed!
want it.
2015-5-12
Use props
Barnesville
lvl.2

Canada

For each major product line, have a method to obtain customer input on feature improvements and new feature requests.  Including the ability for members to vote on the requests to help DJI understand the customer priorities.  Then use this feedback to help create and communicate product roadmaps for each major project line outlining the planned improvements and enhancements with some sort of a planned release timeline.
2015-5-12
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

nozisim Posted at 2015-5-13 07:44
moblie friendly site needed!
want it.

Yeah, we will do it.
2015-5-12
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

PM enabled like any other forum in the world, we've asked and asked, last time I was answered with " it's a security issue" BS it's a state of paranoia on DJI behalf.

We can't even swap email addresses and not a lot like posting email addresses on an open forum.

Get real DJI get the PM enabled.

PM me ! Oh that's right we can't.
2015-5-13
Use props
tmalley
New

United States

Why are my searches all but invisible in search window, and results always zero? I tried t search "compass" and came up with Zero. Really?
2015-5-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

tmalley@bostons Posted at 2015-5-13 20:44
Why are my searches all but invisible in search window, and results always zero? I tried t search "c ...

search never works for crap on any forum ive ever been on, for best results just use google, theres a way to use google to search just one forum but i forget how exactly.  google it, lol
2015-5-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-12 04:01
Autumn,
Is there any way to switch my own green dot back on, when I am online the forum.
It was on, ...

this happens to me randomly all the time as well, but all my posts actually do post even when it says im offline. sometimes it actually says im online when i am, but most times it keeps saying im offline, even though im logged in and active, not really a big deal though, pretty much a worthless feature anyway unless your carrying on a conversation with someone and waiting for a response right away.
2015-5-14
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

The search on Stack Exchange (StackOverflow to be exact) works very well, granted its not exactly a forum.  It would be nice to have at minimum search a single forum (ie phantom 3) and search a single thread (post).
2015-5-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-12 21:26
I respond to our customers and their needs.  Just as you do.  We are all in this together.

We are NOT all in this together.  I can leave and not lose any money because I left.  I'll still do ok.  You can't leave because you depend on the money.  You would starve.
I have noticed there is less participation on the forum,  only 90 after 18 hours as before last week, there would be at least 150 + questions here and most of them were answered.  Now many are left unanswered as most of the ones that used to answer them are now gone, as am I.
As far as deleting the video of the night at the Drive in not conforming to the forum theme.  There were some questions on night flying and what the video would be like.  I showed them what the camera can do at night.  It did answer the questions that were asked.

2015-5-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-15 17:57
We are NOT all in this together.  I can leave and not lose any money because I left.  I'll still do ...

Indeed, forum not very active.  likely cause its kind of a weird layout and not very functional, i know i dont really like it and im only here to get a couple questions answered but not much point sticking around if no one is here, thats for sure.  gotta be a lot of inspires out there though, what forum are they using? ;)
2015-5-15
Use props
lrich00
lvl.2

United States

Reading this forum on an iPad or iPhone is painfully slow. The fonts are way too small especially when there is so much white space in every post.   Please optimize the forum for mobile devices.
2015-5-15
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Something to think about is when you click on a post it takes you to the posters page and then you have to click post to view it and it opens another window. On a phone it can get confusing and it opens a lot of windows.
When you click a post it should go straight to the post so you can read what people are saying.
2015-5-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Ed and DJI guys and gals!

Start with the basics.
1. The image uploading does not work correctly - it usually takes two tries - the image uploads but does not attach. Then you have to edit the post afterwards and use the  image from the "unused" pile or else upload it a second time!

2. attachments are not available to anyone who is not signed into the forum. This seems silly as why not have people be able to see or download pics or PDFs etc?

3. Of course you already know the search is not really effective - this is true on many forum (most?), but a great way to fix it is to use Google custom search. Basically, google gives you code that you put on your site and it has a search box which uses their search engine, but all results are ONLY from your site. Their search is much better than anything built into a forum.

Well, that's my say. The image and attachment thing is really #1, though.

2015-5-17
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Biggest thing I can say is that the new forums and embedded videos dont work on windows based mobiles. Was better before as it had outside links that would be used. Bummer. Guess I'm out as I don't like IOS and not a huge fan of Android and I have another year on this windows based HTC one M8
2015-5-17
Use props
dCon0ne
lvl.2

United States

FIX the SEARCH Function!!!!!            I was just in the "Phantom 2" Forum and did a search on "Firmware", and got back about 25 threads.  Everyone was for the Inspire 1, NOT ONE OF THE THREADS was for a Phantom 2.

When You do a search in the "Phantom 2" Forum,  You would expect to get back info relating to that FORUM.
2015-5-17
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-13 17:54
PM enabled like any other forum in the world, we've asked and asked, last time I was answered with " ...

and the good news is, we gonna have PM at the end of May, cheers!
2015-5-17
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

This forum is good, but it would be nice if it was set up to navigate better.

Dave
2015-5-18
Use props
lrich00
lvl.2

United States

It would be good to have a choice on whether every time you click on a topic the browser open up a new tab or not.  
2015-5-19
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

The ability to track posts you've commented on (like this one) so you can go back later and see if anyone else has replied.
2015-5-20
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2015-5-21 04:03
The ability to track posts you've commented on (like this one) so you can go back later and see if a ...

I second this. Its very hard to see what you have posted on. Most forums have a history that includes more then just direct replys. Please add soon! Forum for the P3 is getting deep!!
2015-5-20
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

I am confused. Recently the posts changed to grey when read and this is really helpful in weeding out the posts which you hadn't read without going over old ground. This seems to have now stopped happening. Can it be re-instated?
2015-5-25
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

Positveimage Posted at 2015-5-25 19:46
I am confused. Recently the posts changed to grey when read and this is really helpful in weeding ou ...

Please sort out the forum. One day it reacts as mentioned, the next it doesn't?
2015-5-26
Use props
Inspire1
lvl.2

Czechia

Will it be possible to create section for specific topics to compact the current forum and ease search on specific subject as:

Photo video
Firmware update
Accessories

2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-21 07:48
I second this. Its very hard to see what you have posted on. Most forums have a history that inclu ...

We will fix it today!!!!   The improvement includes PM function, too.
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules