Forum Improvement Requests
32275 264 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for not opening new tabs every time a thread is opened - that's really not good web design.

The forums are very feature and usability poor - why not buy a decend off-the-shelf system and make us all happy? ;)

The biggest issue I cutrrently have though is the lack of email reply notification that EVERY other forum in the universe seems to have!
2015-5-28
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

A Sticky where we can ask for Phantom 3 and Pilot app improvements
2015-5-28
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

DJI-CS Posted at 2015-5-28 14:39
We will fix it today!!!!   The improvement includes PM function, too.

I see the new fix. Looking good so far! TY!
2015-5-28
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Hi Autumn...

I see there was a change to the notifications center for new posts. However it doesn't appear to be updating the "Remind" tab after the posts have been read and leaving them as a new notification.
2015-5-28
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

how about points exchange ? it never was sorted out ?
2015-5-28
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I have one for remind. Remind is not very good nglish. It should be Notifications. Also im always stuckat 1 remind. It never ever goes away. Even when i check it. Please fix this its so annoying. And the forums always spams my phone with notifications constantly.
2015-5-28
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How do I stop the bloody thing constantly and repeatedly telling me I have a new remind, even though I've looked at it numerous times?  Really very very annoying.
2015-5-28
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The forum software has stopped resetting the REMIND counter to 0 after I respond to reminders.  It just keeps counting up.  I don't know if it's a coincidence of not but it seems to have started happening just after I reached Gold Member status.  Or as I say, maybe that's a coincidence and something changed in the forum software.

One suggestion though: there should be a way to MANUALLY reset the REMIND counter.
2015-5-29
Use props
My Alterego
New

United States

Please put a couple of teaser lines from the actual comment along with the title. Have a toggle if people want to toggle them on or off. Thx.
2015-5-29
Use props
My Alterego
New

United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-3-6 14:28
I like those ideas and the page number would be a great help.

Too much white space after short comments. Thx.
2015-5-29
Use props
My Alterego
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-6 15:09
How about an additional clock that is on some form of North American Time...
I know I did not send m ...

Display time should always be local time. Thx.
2015-5-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-CS Posted at 2015-5-28 14:39
We will fix it today!!!!   The improvement includes PM function, too.

since the remind system was changed, I cannot clear the remind items by looking at the ones on my list. The new reminds are not highlighted and it is impossible to find them.

Thanks
Rich
2015-5-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-29 20:08
The forum software has stopped resetting the REMIND counter to 0 after I respond to reminders.  It j ...

Pete,

this happened after they updated the forum. I cant clear the list either. Plus they are not highlighted when new.

Rich
2015-5-30
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-5-31 04:28
Pete,

this happened after they updated the forum. I cant clear the list either. Plus they are not ...

Gotcha.  Thanks.
2015-5-30
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Friend requests are gumming up the REMINDERS page.   When I accept them they stay as a new reminder even though they have been actioned.   So the top of my page reads REMIND(9) even though there are no new reminders.  These are all actioned friend requests.
2015-5-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-31 10:09
Friend requests are gumming up the REMINDERS page.   When I accept them they stay as a new reminder  ...

HI Jim

This is the same for me too.
2015-5-30
Use props
eeek
lvl.3

United States

I am sure this is listed in the 6 pages of this, but I'd like to request the ability to block certain users.  Not admins or moderators, of course..  The forums are amuck with childish posters, unhelpful users, and chronic complainers.  I come here for help, to learn, and to educate myself.  I don't want to read post after post of 'why no shipping' and 'where's my battery?'
2015-5-31
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-5-31 13:00
HI Jim

This is the same for me too.

Hey Rich,

I found if you go through all the tabs in the remind page (Threads, Friends, System Reminds etc.) then it does clear most of them.   But I have a rogue (1) that just won't go away no matter what I do!   Better than the (9) that were there yesterday but still not 100%.

Frustrating because I rely on the remind page to know if anyone is asking me anything.  At the moment I have to know to ignore (1) but if there are more than they are real.
2015-5-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-1 08:52
Hey Rich,

I found if you go through all the tabs in the remind page (Threads, Friends, System Rem ...

Jim,

Agree 100%, I have 7 now that will not go away. I will try your suggestion.

Rich
2015-5-31
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

I agree the "Reminds" being stuck is so damn annoying!

I thought I had figured it out (as by my post on http://forum.dji.com/thread-16665-1-1.html) with removing the remind count, by clicking your name then going down to remind (bottom left), then clicking on one or all of the subject headings (All | Threads | Friends | Activities | @me | System Reminds |) and the reminds would reset, but now only the system remind stays stuck!

This is beyond ridiculous!
2015-5-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Autumn,
Why do I have 12 reminds?
Ah, I do check them regularly, and click them to see who posted, but there are often no new posts in the thread?
Can this small forum glitch be addressed?

Thanks, & have yourself a great day.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-1
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Would be useful to have the save draft in the advanced reply

d1.JPG

2015-6-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-1 08:52
Hey Rich,

I found if you go through all the tabs in the remind page (Threads, Friends, System Rem ...

JIm

go to the left side and scroll down under ur avatar picture and click on remind there.... that clears all mine

Hope this helps

2015-6-2
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-6-3 01:47
JIm

go to the left side and scroll down under ur avatar picture and click on remind there.... tha ...

Thanks for the tip!   Unfortunately doesn't work for me.  I can clear all but ONE remind that just won't go away.   I've tried every tab and every button on every page.   

I have a series of PM, friend requests and thread responses so I'm guessing it has something to do with one of the new sections (PM/friend.)
2015-6-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-3 05:22
Thanks for the tip!   Unfortunately doesn't work for me.  I can clear all but ONE remind that just ...

Jim,,,

This is the same for me too..  I hope they get this sorted out soon because I never know if I need to respond to someone.

Hey off topic, did you know that DJI has a conversion program for log files? I tried it out on my tablerock video and the file size went from 3 gig to 14 gig!
Rich
2015-6-3
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-6-4 07:12
Jim,,,

This is the same for me too..  I hope they get this sorted out soon because I never know i ...

Yeah I've seen it.    The size is supposed to quadruple because it's moving from a delivery CODEC to and EDITING CODEC.   So totally normal and really what you want.

It kind of defeats the purpose because when I shoot LOG it's because I want to grade it myself and control the colors.   Otherwise it's probably better to just shoot in VIVID or NORMAL or one of the preset color spaces.
2015-6-3
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

Positveimage Posted at 2015-5-25 19:46
I am confused. Recently the posts changed to grey when read and this is really helpful in weeding ou ...

Still working intermittently. I have come on again this morning and every post is in bold , even though I know Ive read most of them.
2015-6-4
Use props
Stephen Donnell
lvl.1

Canada

This is just a suggestion for DJI. there are two switches (buttons) on the back of the P3 radio controller, with those switches there is a menu in the app that allows you to designate those switches to certain actions, there is also a vacant space on each side which they can be used for something else. I would like to recommend using the vacant space as a velocity set, in other words when you turn that switch, a preset velocity is established with your drone so you don't have to hold the forward gimbal all the time. Hitting the switch a second time would cancel the velocity setting and drone would hover. The Pilot app would be changed to allow a setting window for the desired velocity.
2015-6-4
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

would be nice to be able to receive email alerts when our posts or threads posted in have new posts...or is this available and i'm just not seeing it?
2015-6-4
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the love of everything holy, please please PLEASE consign this awful and ridiculous Reminder feature to the trash can.   I really object to the whole stupid and frankly useless idea, and I particularly object to you stealing my Macbook notifications facility and popping up a notification every time I click anything in the forum.  The whole design is completely flawed anyway, as it seems to be impossible to acknowledge the reminders and get rid of them.  It insists, at every step, that I have a new reminder - I DON'T!  I've read the bloody things 29 times!  Or why don't you just simply forget trying to reinvent the wheel and get hold of a standard commercial forum system, of which there are many, about 95% of them better than this awful crap.
2015-6-5
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Totally agree - DJI, please migrate to one of the standard Forum systems (even the free ones) that are a million times better than this awful system!
2015-6-6
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Oh, and please do something to get rid of this damned forum spam that keeps poping up.
2015-6-6
Use props
migs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Apart from the oft-mentioned reminders which is just plain annoying, how about searches that only return results from the forum in which the search is performed?

Also on searches, pressing enter should start the search rather than having to click the icon, and having pagination set to 5 items in the results is just as bad.

Like others have said, forget the custom coding, just spend less than the profit on 1 P3Pro and get a proper forum system.
2015-6-9
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United States

Maybe I'm unique.  I created a new thread but to post the thread, the button says "New Thread" which I thought meant create a new New Thread so I kept looking for a button that said "Post" or something like that.  "New Thread" does not have the connotation of posting the thread to the forum.
2015-6-10
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems there's a bug in the "Remind" notification at the top. It stays highlighted with the number of unread messages, even when they've all been read.
2015-6-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Sure would be nice if "search" gave hits without having to inquire exact matches……….
2015-6-10
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

Trying to upload 325K photos this morning I keep getting a 403 error message. Any idea why this is happening?
2015-6-11
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Anybody going to delete the spammer posts? Dave are you there?

Jerry

2015-6-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

For the love of God, will somebody please moderate this forum !
2015-6-12
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-6-5 17:56
For the love of everything holy, please please PLEASE consign this awful and ridiculous Reminder fea ...

Is anybody there???? Hello???  Can't anybody fix this utterly bloody stupid reminder system???

Today it's STILL stealing my Macbook's notifications and popping up a message every time I breathe, and it's STILL insisting I have new reminders which I DO NOT!!  Can you hear me??  I've read all the reminders (2 of them - identical) about 800 times.

Really, who the hell programs this crap?  The only way to view these forums without wanting to commit suicide is to log out and read anonymously.

Fix it, or use a proper forum system that works.  This is complete and utter totally annoying bloody idiocy.
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules