remaining three props were throttled up to compensate for the loss of the fourth
1420 5 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

carlton.forrest put this up today "I think the inspire may already have this.  I was flying my inspire while my son was flying a smaller drone.  We ended up colliding the drones which sent his drone straight to the ground.  However, the inspire 1 lost a prop (broke) and dropped about 20-30 ft before recovering... it was making a lot of noise (I'm assuming because the remaining three props were throttled up to compensate for the loss of the fourth) but it was controllable  and I was able to have a controlled landing.  It was quite impressive.  My old Phantom 2 Vision+ had something similar happen and it went straight to the ground - so I wonder if there isn't something new in the Inspire flight controller.

Please comment
2015-3-5
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

I would have thought this way out of the inspires flight envelope. The inspire is a very heavy quad, I would think it would be hard for any quad to handle this loss of thrust is so far out.  I could see a hexacopter or and octocopter maybe handling the loss of thrust given the proximity of the motors and props, but the Inspire and many other quads have the props and booms so far apart that a loss of thrust from one quarter of the craft would be catastrophic.

That being said here is a member tell us it happened, I not going to test this out... But it would be nice to hear DJI rep's opinion or statement...

Carlton.forrest is a very lucky Inspire1 owner....
2015-3-5
Use props
owen
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Monkeyking for your input,

It would be really good if DJI could comment.

I would like to think, if such things as motor failure were to happen we would still have some hope of landing the machine.
2015-3-5
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

owen@digitalplu Posted at 2015-3-6 15:47
Thanks Monkeyking for your input,

It would be really good if DJI could comment.

Realy!!!!!!!!
Do You have footage of this ?
2015-3-6
Use props
owen
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dundee Posted at 2015-3-6 18:25
Realy!!!!!!!!
Do You have footage of this ?

carlton.forrest This fella posted this and should hopefully have the footage. on this theardhttp://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %3Dlastpost&lang=en
2015-3-6
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

When you say, "lost a prop", did the prop break completely off or was there still a portion of either blade still attached?
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules