Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro firmware upgrade failed again and again..
105109 1101 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfab71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi to everyone , i'm Fabrizio, from Ravenna (Italy)
i bought my Mavic Pro 3 weeks ago, and i flew with it 3-4 times until now.
One of the thing that makes my crazy is that every time i connect smartphone and rc, and the the Mavic, the DJI GO4 apps tells me that a new firmware is available (v. 1.03.6000).
I start the upgrade procedure with smartphone connected with the rc via USB cable (my smartphone is an Asus Zenfone Deluxe 2 and works well with the Mavic Pro, just in case someone wants to know..) but at 76% it stops for few minutes, then continue (in this time both Mavic and rc restarts one time) and at the end the app says that 'Update Failed, try again later, REASON 0x02010003). I have also started the update with the Mavic connected with my notebook via DJI Assistant 2, but same result, and last time Mavic and the Rc have not recognized until i did again the upgrade with the smartphone, returning to actual firmware i use (1.03.0400).
Now i want to know why my Mavic want not to upgrade the firmware. In the meantime i bought also on the DJI Store an extra battery, and cannot upgrade to actual firmware.
I'm not hurry for this, because i notice that my actual firmware works very well, but in the future i think i have to perform for sure some major and useful upgrades, and cannot understand WHY the procedure won't complete succesfully.
Any tips ? Thank you

2017-5-3
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

(the second battery now works well with my Mavic, that runs the 'old' v.1.03.4000 firmware version.)
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Oh yeah another one to join the party with update trouble :-D

Welcome to the club, mate. I and many others have the exact same problem. For some reason not every Mavic Pro can install the update to FW 01.03.0600. Nobody knows why. DJI recommends to send your drone for repair. But I have reverted the firmware like you and everything is fine. I try to wait for the next update. If it won't get better, I consider send it for repair. But not now...
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Could you please export the upgrading log so we can forwarded it to the engineers for a further analysis?
You can find the log here: C:\Users\Account\Appdata\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2
Here is a tutorial for your reference:
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-3 03:19
Could you please export the upgrading log so we can forwarded it to the engineers for a further analysis?

Thank you DJI Natalia, finally a response from DJI about this topic :-)

I will perform an upgrade this evening - if it fails again, I will send you all my log-files and hope this helps to clarify what's going wrong.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-3 03:29
Thank you DJI Natalia, finally a response from DJI about this topic :-)

I will perform an upgrade this evening - if it fails again, I will send you all my log-files and hope this helps to clarify what's going wrong.

Thank you very much for your support, hope we could figure it out soon.
Wating to hear from you!

2017-5-3
Use props
fans7cb13127
lvl.1
Germany

i can send you about 20 logs for exact the same problem. will do this later.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans7cb13127 Posted at 2017-5-3 04:17
i can send you about 20 logs for exact the same problem. will do this later.

Please let me know once you have done that, I will forwarded the log to our engineers for a further evaluation, thank you very much!
2017-5-3
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-3 01:44
Oh yeah another one to join the party with update trouble :-D

Welcome to the club, mate. I and many others have the exact same problem. For some reason not every Mavic Pro can install the update to FW 01.03.0600. Nobody knows why. DJI recommends to send your drone for repair. But I have reverted the firmware like you and everything is fine. I try to wait for the next update. If it won't get better, I consider send it for repair. But not now...

Send the drone for repair, for a firmware upgrade ??? REALLY ?? After about 2 weeks ???
That sounds VERY NO GOOD for me, i've bought the drone for personal use but i have some project for some videos starting from now (spring 2017) until
the good season ends (about october) and sending NOW a drone for repair means to remain without for minimum 1 month or more...
i hope this problem can be solved with some other firmware updates, otherwise i'll keep my 'old ' 1.03.0400 firmware that worked fine at least so far ...
i cannot think that after months of thinkings and savings, i buy my Mavic and after almost 1 month i have to send it for a 'repair' (what repair is needed ? what is the time i have to remain without the Mavic? ) without having a replacement drone.
Here in Italy customer policy in case similar to this is very simple and clear:
If the product is defective  from the factory, and this seems to me to be this case (not damaged or other, but has an internal issue from factory) , it must be  replaced with a new fully functional one, and not repaired, even if under  warranty.
For now i'm using it with the 01.03.0400 fw, and waiting for good news to do a clean ad succesfully fw update in the near future..

2017-5-3
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-3 03:19

In the 'log' folder io find some log txt files that can be readed opening with notepad, in the 'upgrade_log' folder i find 2 upgrade logs files that contains ascii characters for pages and pages...
which one can i send to you ? Have i simply to send those files 'as are' or convert them with some apps ?
Note that i used only 1 time the DJI Assistant 2 to try the update, the other times i 've launched the fw upgrade i was in my djigo 4 app (android), having my smartphone connected with the RC via USB cable, and both connected (through the radio signal of the rc) with my Mavic...
2017-5-3
Use props
fans7cb13127
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-3 04:33
Please let me know once you have done that, I will forwarded the log to our engineers for a further evaluation, thank you very much!

here you go
the last two tries. we sent the mavic back to the seller for changing the drone.
i could also send you more logs from assistant 2 on macos, but i have to know where the files are saved?

Archiv.zip

582.25 KB, Down times: 13

Logs

2017-5-3
Use props
Morphin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3396 ft
Switzerland

fans7cb13127 Posted at 2017-5-3 07:13
here you go  
the last two tries. we sent the mavic back to the seller for changing the drone.
i could also send you more logs from assistant 2 on macos, but i have to know where the files are saved?

Three weeks I have already sent the logs.. So DJI should have enough logs to evaluate this issue. I have sent also my drone back more than 2 weeks ago.. I really hope DJI will find a solution for other users. I'm really excited what is the problem that about a few hundreds drones won't update....
In the automobile world it certainly would get a recall for this issue
2017-5-3
Use props
fans7cb13127
lvl.1
Germany

Morphin Posted at 2017-5-3 07:19
Three weeks I have already sent the logs.. So DJI should have enough logs to evaluate this issue. I have sent also my drone back more than 2 weeks ago.. I really hope DJI will find a solution for other users. I'm really excited what is the problem that about a few hundreds drones won't update....
In the automobile world it certainly would get a recall for this issue

i also clicked "send report" everytime the update failed. i think there are more then 100 logs at DJI now, every log with the same error. i cant tell how bad the support hotline in germany was when i called them...

i am waiting that hard for the spark - but not with this support and firmwares like that.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7cb13127 Posted at 2017-5-3 07:13
here you go  

I've forwarded your logs on, thanks.
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-3 03:31
Thank you very much for your support, hope we could figure it out soon.
Wating to hear from you!

As requested here are the logs from today. If you need more, please let me know.

Today I have done something different than the other days. I have connected theMavic to the RC and tried to upgrade the RC via DJI Assistant. I performed the upgrade and it stuck on a different point.

I figured out the following:
  • Update Mavic only via DJI Assistant 2: Stuck/Fail at 57%
  • Update RC only via DJI Assistant 2: Always successful
  • Update RC & Mavic via DJI Go App: Stuck/Fail at 74%
  • Update RC & Mavic via DJI Go App, but longpress the 3-Bar Menu: Stuck/Fail at 79%

If you need more Logfiles, please let me know!

logs.zip (791.82 KB, Down times: 10)
2017-5-3
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

But excuse me, about the 'resend the drone to te seller' , i have bought my Mavic Pro at the local MEDIAWORLD store and they're now running out of pieces, so i cannot ask for an immediate change...
in a case like this, It would have been logical to recall and an immediate substitution of the defective drones by the Dji.
At this point what i have to do ? Wait for a next fw upgrade to test ? Contact support ? Going to Mediaworld to ask some exchange ?
It might not just be a problem with this version of FW ??
Waiting for replies, before to take decision to send Mavic far somewhere, Without knowing anything about the times and what will be repaired...
2017-5-3
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Just in case they can be useful, here's log files
found in my smartphone DJIgo.v4 > log > cache > up_new_all folder

djigov4-logifles.zip

38.71 KB, Down times: 7

2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-3 11:31
As requested here are the logs from today. If you need more, please let me know.

Today I have done something different than the other days. I have connected theMavic to the RC and tried to upgrade the RC via DJI Assistant. I performed the upgrade and it stuck on a different point.

Thanks, I forwarded your log to the engineers, will get back to your if I gear from them, thanks for your support!
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-3 13:21
Just in case they can be useful, here's log files
found in my smartphone DJIgo.v4 > log > cache > up_new_all folder

Thank you for the log, I forwarded it to the engineers for analysis, appreciate your patience!
2017-5-4
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-4 03:10
Thank you for the log, I forwarded it to the engineers for analysis, appreciate your patience!

Thank you. Would be know to read what's wrong - if you can not post it public, then you can contact me via PM :-)

I'm a software-developer and I have some personal interest in such things :-)

If you see any problems caused by hardware fault, please let me know - then I will send my Mavic for repair.
2017-5-4
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

And here i add the log files from folders of DJI Assistant 2 on my notebook...

updlog-djass2.rar

366.8 KB, Down times: 7

2017-5-4
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Please once you've verified all logs (both DJI Assistant 2 and DJI go 4) please tell me i i can do something WITHOUT sending my Mavic for exchange/repair ...
i hope in a fast and simple solution , until this time i'll keep my old firmware installed and i'll continue to use my Mavic Pro with this fw on it.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-4 04:51
Thank you. Would be know to read what's wrong - if you can not post it public, then you can contact me via PM :-)

I'm a software-developer and I have some personal interest in such things :-)

Yes, we will let you know the result once we get the result. Appreciate your support!
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-4 09:06
Please once you've verified all logs (both DJI Assistant 2 and DJI go 4) please tell me i i can do something WITHOUT sending my Mavic for exchange/repair ...
i hope in a fast and simple solution , until this time i'll keep my old firmware installed and i'll continue to use my Mavic Pro with this fw on it.

I'll get back to you once I hear from the engineers, thank you for your patience!
2017-5-4
Use props
fans8a55d063
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258855 ft
Australia

Dji is a total disgrace.  
2017-5-5
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I've contacted some minutes ago the MW local seller where i bought my Mavic Pro about 3 weeks ago and as I expected they told me they cannot replace the Mavic since they are now over 15 days from the purchase. Now, if log analisys will show some hardware failures in my Mavic,  and I have to replace it,  i hope that can be found a VERY FAST solution through DJI..
Waiting for results and replies
2017-5-5
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Just understand that i cannot accept to send my drone back waiting weeks for a new one. If the results will show that the drone can have some internal issues from factory , you (DJI) should for example send a new and fully functional Mavic to me with your international courier, which simultaneously would to withdraw my defective Mavic .
This is just an idea for example, to resolve in a clean and fast mode this question, if the log analisys shows some issues in the Mavic hardware obviously.

the best thing of course is that the whole issue could be solved by software, so that I don't have to send you back anything for repairs
2017-5-5
Use props
Vmoss
New
Flight distance : 35364 ft
Ireland

Just received my Mavic, not even flew it once and already stuck with an update failure....hope you guys get this fixed soon !
2017-5-6
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

Ive posted in the "new firmware for mavic" channel a temp fix to revert back to .550
2017-5-6
Use props
MapScience
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47844 ft
United States

You're not alone. I've been trying to upgrade from (v. 1.03.0550) to (v. 1.03.0600) for weeks and, like you, it fails at 74%.  The transceiver and the battery will accept the upgrade, but the aircraft will not.  I've tried on my Pixel, my laptop running Windows 8.1, a desktop running Windows 10, and a Macbook.  I've tried using the latest DJI GO 4 app and the latest DJI Assistant 2.  All fail at exactly the same point.  Each time, I have to downgrade to factory defaults and then upgrade back to (v. 1.03.0550).  Waiting ...
2017-5-7
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

MapScience Posted at 2017-5-7 16:29
You're not alone. I've been trying to upgrade from (v. 1.03.0550) to (v. 1.03.0600) for weeks and, like you, it fails at 74%.  The transceiver and the battery will accept the upgrade, but the aircraft will not.  I've tried on my Pixel, my laptop running Windows 8.1, a desktop running Windows 10, and a Macbook.  I've tried using the latest DJI GO 4 app and the latest DJI Assistant 2.  All fail at exactly the same point.  Each time, I have to downgrade to factory defaults and then upgrade back to (v. 1.03.0550).  Waiting ...

Its interesting that .550 is marked as the latest release in the new firmware thread (as opposed to .600)
2017-5-8
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Same situation here, DJI told me to send it back.   I will not send it and will wait for next firmware. In the meanwhile on .0550 everything works OK.
2017-5-8
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Also I noticed that after trying again and again to upgrade firmware now my Remote control is not anymore recognized by the PC (tried 2 PC) but works fine trough my android tablet, I am an IT professional and there is no way I can get the pcs to see the remote anymore... So I recommend not to insist..

Very disappointed with DJI quality of engineering and software support. After all these are very expensive devices which can be REALLY dangerous if out of control and should have PERFECT support, but they dont...

2017-5-8
Use props
fans381c2ee5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33255 ft
Canada

will  I have my mavic for 3 days now update fail I want to return get my money back I buy something better going FPV racing
2017-5-8
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Lets all discuss in here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid791195
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-4 19:35
Yes, we will let you know the result once we get the result. Appreciate your support!

Tried to update to 01.03.0700 now with the same issue. Stuck at 57% via Assistant 2 - tried via phone and it faild at 74%. I have attached a new set of logs.

log.zip (435.32 KB, Down times: 5)
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

The discussion is very simple: if Mavic that won't upgrade firmware have some hardware issues, they have to work to offer us the possibility of receiving in very short time new fully working drone immediately, for which we paid a lot of money, and AFTER THAT or in the same time, in cooperation with internation courier service that they use, to recall all the defective drones. I know it's an expensive operation, but that's how it works if THEY admit that these drones might have hardware problems.
I hope now for a software solution, for a new stable firmware that can upgrade my Mavic, but i don't think absolutely to send my drone back without having FIRST a new Mavic to use !!
After 15 days from purchase this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS !!!
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:32
Tried to update to 01.03.0700 now with the same issue. Stuck at 57% via Assistant 2 - tried via phone and it faild at 74%. I have attached a new set of logs.

Thanks, I saw you another post, you've resolved the issue, appreciate your feedback!
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans381c2ee5 Posted at 2017-5-8 18:08
will  I have my mavic for 3 days now update fail I want to return get my money back I buy something better going FPV racing

Sorry for the issue, have you returned it?
If no, please provide me your DJI account and read the info I mentioned at 42#, thanks.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:36
The discussion is very simple: if Mavic that won't upgrade firmware have some hardware issues, they have to work to offer us the possibility of receiving in very short time new fully working drone immediately, for which we paid a lot of money, and AFTER THAT or in the same time, in cooperation with internation courier service that they use, to recall all the defective drones. I know it's an expensive operation, but that's how it works if THEY admit that these drones might have hardware problems.
I hope now for a software solution, for a new stable firmware that can upgrade my Mavic, but i don't think absolutely to send my drone back without having FIRST a new Mavic to use !!
After 15 days from purchase this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS !!!

We do understand your feelings and are working on this case.
To get it resolved, please provide me your DJI account (e-mail address), we'll ask the engineers to reconfigure it for you.
Then you can upgrade it through Assistant 2 directly, the upgrading method is the same as before.
Here is the instruction:
1. Upgrade the firmware V01.03.0350.
2. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to V01.03.0600, it will be working.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules