Mavic Pro firmware upgrade failed again and again..
107508 1101 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans461a8df4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 661470 ft
Israel

fans461a8df4 Posted at 2017-5-12 18:05
So whats the solution????? My 3 day old Mavic has spent most of the 3 days trying to update firmware. Fails on the App, fails on the Assistant software. The Assistant on the computer wont recognize the remote, only the drone. This is absolutely pathetic. Isnt DJI and the Mavic Pro drone supposed to be the pinnacle of technology in 2017????

I have tired EVERYTHING!!! and it fails & fails. I send & send the error logs. WHY doesnt DJI contact me if they see so many error logs coming from one source?

I can report that I have tried ALL 3 update routes (Android App / Iphone App / DJI Assistant) and ALL 3 fail.
2017-5-14
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just installed new FW .700 .. will fly later today to let you know how it goes... remember to reboot RC and mavic . and calibrate IMU and compass after FW update
2017-5-14
Use props
Jimbo1026
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-12 18:40
Could you please provide me your DJI account? We'll reconfigure it for you.
Then you can upgrade it through Assistant 2 directly, the upgrading method is the same as before.
Here is the instruction:

I have not been able to update to 0600 and 0700 and would like to try DJI Natalia's recommended procedure. Would you mind reconfiguring my account so I can access firmware version V01.03.0350 from DJI Assistant 2?
Thank you
2017-5-14
Use props
Rudyvanloo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 517306 ft
Belgium

Hey Hello Natalia. I'm an owner of a DJI Mavic Pro with upgrade problems: it is not possible to upgrade to v01.03.06 or v01.03.07 !! At the moment version .550 is installed. Can you help me ? Do you need to modify my account ? Can you explain the procedure to follow. Should the aircraft be connected with a cable to a PC running DJI Assistant 2 and connected by air to the RD and mobile ? I don't understand very well how the 'record' button has to be pressed and the upgrade be started. I don't want to send the aircraft for repair ! Please help me! Kind regards, Rudy Van Loo
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans3d9fa300 Posted at 2017-5-13 10:01
Hii - I'm one of the people having trouble updating to 0600 and 0700.  Would you mind reconfiguring my account so I can try your steps?

OK, we have done it for you, please upgrade it again and keep us posted.
Hope it works!
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8ad9eb06 Posted at 2017-5-13 17:57
I am so glad I didn't order direct from DJI and instead waited until the Mavic was available locally. Just purchased today, never flown and have spent 5 hours trying to update the firmware that the remote ap insists needs to be done. Not only can't I update to the latest, it won't successfully update any version including refershing the current one through the remote or the assistant 2. What a joke. Never flown and already frustrated to the point of returning it.

Sorry to hear that, may I have your DJI account (e-mail address)? we can try to reconfigure it so you can upgrade it again, it may help.
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans461a8df4 Posted at 2017-5-14 04:00
I can report that I have tried ALL 3 update routes (Android App / Iphone App / DJI Assistant) and ALL 3 fail.

I forwarded your account to the engineers, they've reconfigured it for you.
Please try again now, hope it works.
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jimbo1026 Posted at 2017-5-14 08:06
I have not been able to update to 0600 and 0700 and would like to try DJI Natalia's recommended procedure. Would you mind reconfiguring my account so I can access firmware version V01.03.0350 from DJI Assistant 2?
Thank you

I'd love to help, but sorry I did not get your DJI account, please PM me the info, thanks.
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rudyvanloo Posted at 2017-5-14 08:10
Hey Hello Natalia. I'm an owner of a DJI Mavic Pro with upgrade problems: it is not possible to upgrade to v01.03.06 or v01.03.07 !! At the moment version .550 is installed. Can you help me ? Do you need to modify my account ? Can you explain the procedure to follow. Should the aircraft be connected with a cable to a PC running DJI Assistant 2 and connected by air to the RD and mobile ? I don't understand very well how the 'record' button has to be pressed and the upgrade be started. I don't want to send the aircraft for repair ! Please help me! Kind regards, Rudy Van Loo

We have reconfigured it for you, please try again to upgrade it.
I replied your PM as well, after you downgrade it to V0350 successfully, press the "Record" button on remote or via APP if you're running the APP, you must make sure it's recording, which is a very important step during this whole upgrading process. At the same time, please start to upgrade it to V600 and V700.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJDMavicPro
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-14 23:45
I forwarded your account to the engineers, they've reconfigured it for you.
Please try again now, hope it works.

Natalia,
I dont think that I am the only one here with brand new Mavic with this problem. I can tell you that I dont know how to downgrade to V350. The Mavic came with V400 installed, and that is the lowest version that appears in Assistant.
Can you explain a different way to downgrade to V350? Or is V400 going to work for the upgrade (while pressing the record button...)?

Thank you,
Matthew
2017-5-15
Use props
fans3d9fa300
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-14 23:40
OK, we have done it for you, please upgrade it again and keep us posted.
Hope it works!

This solved it!  Thankyou!  

For others, the exact steps I took are:

• I PMd DJI Natalia the email associated with my DJI account, and she marked my account to make the 350 firmware visible.
  • I started DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop, plugged the drone in via the DJI USB cable, started the drone
  • I waited for it to appear as the visible device, then selected it.
  • It listed all the firmware; my current is 550, and the lowest available is now 350.
  • I selected 350, hit downgrade
  • A few minutes later it announced success.
  • I then unplugged the Mavic and plugged in the RC, and did steps 3-5 for the RC
  • The RC reported failure to downgrade; it listed 550 as the current still.  I ignored this, since the RC never had a problem to update anyway.
  • I then left the RC connected, backed out to the start screen in DJI Assistant, and turned on the Mavic and let it connect
  • I then hit the device button, and waited for it to load the list of firmware
  • I hit the record-video button on the remote
  • I told DJI Assistant to upgrade to 700
  • About 15 minutes later it announced success

2017-5-15
Use props
DJDMavicPro
lvl.1
Israel

fans3d9fa300 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:04

Congrats!

I'd love to do this also, but the Assistant has never recognized my remote. But I am going to try again now that the account has supposedly been reconfigured. I hope it works!

Natalia, can you please tell us what is causing this issue? Is it a hardware bug? Software bug? Why is it happening only to us? What will happen when firmware v800 comes out? Will we need to jump through hoops again to get that and future updates? Should I just return this defective product??

Matthew
2017-5-15
Use props
Geoff_
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

DJDMavicPro Posted at 2017-5-15 10:16
Congrats!

I'd love to do this also, but the Assistant has never recognized my remote. But I am going to try again now that the account has supposedly been reconfigured. I hope it works!

Maybe it's a driver issue?  Are you on Windows?  There are several topics about bypassing driver signing requirements, which I never needed to do so didn't bother to dig into.

If you're on Windows, you could also try uninstalling the device by going to Device Manager, selecting it (you may have to watch what appears when you plug it in), and hitting delete.

My wild guess is that the record function does something like causing the SD card to stay awake; maybe you could trigger the same thing by connecting the drone to DJI Assistant, then turning on the RC to connect to the drone wirelessly, then hit record on the RC, and then hit update on the PC.  Long shot though

Good luck!
2017-5-15
Use props
DJDMavicPro
lvl.1
Israel

DJDMavicPro Posted at 2017-5-15 10:16
Congrats!

I just tried via Assistant. V350 is now on the list, but Failed on 72% while downgrading from V550. I tried twice!
I have uploaded the Error Logs.
I also keep getting the incompatibility warning/error thing.

I dont think it is a driver issue. I am on Win7 which is a LOT more forgiving, and I click OK in all the security warnings. A few days ago I even manually downloaded and installed the windows drivers. Installed and reinstalled multiple versions of Assistant (always doing a complete registry cleaning after each uninstall).

Whats wrong with my/our drones??????

Matthew
2017-5-15
Use props
BladeXTR
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-15 00:04
We have reconfigured it for you, please try again to upgrade it.
I replied your PM as well, after you downgrade it to V0350 successfully, press the "Record" button on remote or via APP if you're running the APP, you must make sure it's recording, which is a very important step during this whole upgrading process. At the same time, please start to upgrade it to V600 and V700.

Hi Natalia, I have sent you my info so i can follow the procedure. Let me  know when i can run the updates. I just purchased and have yet to fly it because i need to run the calibration and its acting weird so I hope the firmware will clear it up so I can get this thing flying. Thanks.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans8ad9eb06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9498 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-14 23:43
Sorry to hear that, may I have your DJI account (e-mail address)? we can try to reconfigure it so you can upgrade it again, it may help.

I will pm you my email address. Can you reply to my email or pm me when it's been reconfigured so I can try again?
2017-5-15
Use props
fans8ad9eb06
lvl.1
United States

laceyboy Posted at 2017-5-13 19:01
What did you first use to update firmware, app or assistant?

I was connected with the remote ap and prompted to update so I tried that first.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans8ad9eb06
lvl.1
United States

laceyboy Posted at 2017-5-13 19:01
What did you first use to update firmware, app or assistant?

I was connected with the remote ap and prompted to update so I tried that first.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJDMavicPro
lvl.1
Israel

DJDMavicPro Posted at 2017-5-15 10:44
I just tried via Assistant. V350 is now on the list, but Failed on 72% while downgrading from V550. I tried twice!
I have uploaded the Error Logs.
I also keep getting the incompatibility warning/error thing.

Update:

After failing multiple times (after Natalia reconfigured my account) I finally found a workaround:
This is what I did, and worked for me. I hope it helps the rest of you:

1. took out the SD card, formatted it Fat32 in my computer
2. put the SD back into the Mavic
3. turned on the drone
4. leave the remote OFF
5. right click on DJI Assistant and RUN AS ADMIN
6. connect the drone via USB to the computer
7. when assistant recognizes the drone click on Mavic
8. wait for the list of firmware to update
9. downgrade to v350 (you will most likely need DJI Natalia's help to reconfigure your account for the v350 to show up in the list)
10. at the end of the downgrade turn off the Mavic
11. remove the SD card and format it again
12. place the SD back in the mavic and power it up
13. power on the remote
14. connect phone/tablet (I used android) and open DJI GO app
15. let it check for firmware, and once it tells you that V700 is available then click on upgrade
16. Mine got stuck at 99% forever. I tried restarting the drone - didnt help. Tried restarting the remote - didnt help. Finally had to kill the app.
17. After that I turned everything on again (drone, remote, DJI GO) and it checked for firmware again. This time it didnt find anything. I opened the menu of the app and scrolled down to ABOUT. It says version 700 and so it seems that everything is up to date and that the app got stuck at 99%

I still want to know what has caused all this on a brand new drone less than a week old!! Do I have faulty hardware or are all Mavic owners experiencing this issue?
Natalia please let us know whats causing this, and thank you for trying to help get it solved!

Matthew
2017-5-15
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Quick workaround to not have the drone restarting multiple times during the upgrade with assistant 2: do not let it laying on the table.
Keep it up with your hands (without covering she heatsink), or place it over heath conducting surfaces.

In hot climates, try using an hair dryer with cold hair.

My #1 drone probably bricked itself because of this, and the #2 drone risked the same fate. Now I learned the lesson, albeit I find it singular for a product in this price range. :/

https://forum.dji.com/thread-94853-1-1.html?mobile=2&page=3
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans3d9fa300 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:04

Thank you so much for your feedback, glad to hear it's working great now!
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJDMavicPro Posted at 2017-5-15 12:52
Update:

After failing multiple times (after Natalia reconfigured my account) I finally found a workaround:

Matthew, very glad to hear you made it finally, your detailed feedback is pretty helpful, appreciate it!
The upgrading failure is caused by a module cannot be upgraded successfully.
Since you've finished the upgrading, please enjoy the flying, wish you have a nice time on it.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8ad9eb06 Posted at 2017-5-15 12:21
I will pm you my email address. Can you reply to my email or pm me when it's been reconfigured so I can try again?

I received your message and forwarded it to the engineers, we've reconfigured it for you, please have a try to update it, hope it works.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BladeXTR Posted at 2017-5-15 12:18
Hi Natalia, I have sent you my info so i can follow the procedure. Let me  know when i can run the updates. I just purchased and have yet to fly it because i need to run the calibration and its acting weird so I hope the firmware will clear it up so I can get this thing flying. Thanks.

I've forwarded your account to the engineers, will help you handle it soon, hope you can upgrade it successfully.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJDMavicPro
lvl.1
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-15 18:59
Matthew, very glad to hear you made it finally, your detailed feedback is pretty helpful, appreciate it!
The upgrading failure is caused by a module cannot be upgraded successfully.
Since you've finished the upgrading, please enjoy the flying, wish you have a nice time on it.

What does that mean a module failed to upgrade? So that means there is a now a faulty module??
Why is the firmware showing V700 if there is a module problem? How can I correctly upgrade this module?
2017-5-16
Use props
fans7c1063dd
New
Flight distance : 316949 ft
Estonia

Upgrade via fw version 0350 successful. Any other method described in forums failed before that (stuck on 0550 like many others)
1. contact support to enable 0350 for your account
2. downgrade to that
3. turn everything on and start recording video
4. upgrade to 0600 (with DJI Assistant 2 software on computer) (I did not try straight to 0700 just in case)
5. upgrade to 0700 after successfully upgraded to 0600 (recording trick is not necessary any more)
6. Pro tip: I had no idea that I have to upgrade remote separately by connecting it to a computer with USB cable - did that, too, successfully on 0700 both!

Thanks for DJI to resolve that

(solution indicates that camera module hardware (some versions of that) is being left on some unacceptable state causing failure for 0550+ upgrade. Recording with 0350 has camera hardware in a correct state for 0600/0700 upgrade)

2017-5-16
Use props
fans063d591f
New
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-12 18:40
Could you please provide me your DJI account? We'll reconfigure it for you.
Then you can upgrade it through Assistant 2 directly, the upgrading method is the same as before.
Here is the instruction:

Hi Natalia read about the update problem I am also having the same. My email is *****@gmail.com
2017-5-16
Use props
fans063d591f
New
Greece

fans063d591f Posted at 2017-5-16 03:02
Hi Natalia read about the update problem I am also having the same. My email is pmoshidiou@gmail.com

I feel like a noob but sorry I could't send a direct message
2017-5-16
Use props
Rudyvanloo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 517306 ft
Belgium

Hey hello,

I also will have to use the special downgrade – upgrade procedure, to arrive to version v01.03.0700. It is clear that the trick with the camera is successful, so many thanks to DJI !
Before starting to downgrade-upgrade, I would like to know how the connections has to be done for the 2 steps:

Step 1: Downgrade to v 01.03.0350:
Config A: a USB connection from remote control (RC) to PC (DJI Assistant 2) and downgrade in the same session the RC and the Aircraft (AC)
Config B: Downgrade only the Aircraft (AC) to this version by a direct USB connection between AC and PC. Should the RC be downgraded too ?

Step 2: Upgrade to v 01.03.0600&0700:
Config A: a USB connection from aircraft to PC and upgrade only the Aircraft after pressing the record key on the RC or smartphone. A smartphone connected/installed in the Remote Controller.
Config B: a USB connection from RC to PC, no smartphone in RC. Ther record key is pressed on the RD. Upgrade RC and AC together by the DJI Assistant.

Can somebody tell me which configuration for both steps are successfull ? Many thanks in advance !
2017-5-16
Use props
Samdax
New
Flight distance : 22421 ft
Luxembourg

Hi! Cant update the mavic to 700. And cant downgrade to 350. 400 is the oldest option. Can help me? Thanks!
2017-5-16
Use props
Infernvs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4528 ft
Portugal

Hi, i have the same problem with upgrading the firmware, i'm stuck in v01.03.0550  and can't update any further. i sent a pm to Natalia hoping get some help to.
2017-5-16
Use props
fans4ba1df65
New
United States

Natalia, please update my account so that I can downgrade to 0350 and follow the procedure. Thank you.
2017-5-16
Use props
Mattp000
New
United States

Can someone please explain to me how to do the downgrading & upgrading?  I'm new and don't know how to do any of it.  I've tried upgrading thru the normal ways and it's not working. I only have a windows pc to do stuff on and have no clue what to download or do.  my email address for my account is ****@Gmail.com to unlock the lower firmware.  someone please explain how I use a pc to downgrade & upgrade.  thanks...
2017-5-16
Use props
fans62b6433d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5102 ft
United States

I'm extremely disappointed you repaired my drone after two months having it and you couldn't update my firmware. Now I need to send it back again for months to get a simple update? DJI needs to get their act together.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJDMavicPro Posted at 2017-5-16 01:18
What does that mean a module failed to upgrade? So that means there is a now a faulty module??
Why is the firmware showing V700 if there is a module problem? How can I correctly upgrade this module?

If you can upgrade the firmware successfully, that means everything is working properly, no worries.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans063d591f Posted at 2017-5-16 03:02
Hi Natalia read about the update problem I am also having the same. My email is pmoshidiou@gmail.com

No problem, we've forwarded your account to the engineers, will help you handle it soon, please try to upgrade it later.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans7c1063dd Posted at 2017-5-16 02:11
Upgrade via fw version 0350 successful. Any other method described in forums failed before that (stuck on 0550 like many others)
1. contact support to enable 0350 for your account
2. downgrade to that

Very glad to hear you've upgraded it successfully, enjoy it!
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Samdax Posted at 2017-5-16 06:26
Hi! Cant update the mavic to 700. And cant downgrade to 350. 400 is the oldest option. Can help me? Thanks!

What's your DJI account? we'll help you reconfigure it.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans063d591f Posted at 2017-5-16 03:05
I feel like a noob but sorry I could't send a direct message

I edited your account for privacy.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Infernvs Posted at 2017-5-16 07:40
Hi, i have the same problem with upgrading the firmware, i'm stuck in v01.03.0550  and can't update any further. i sent a pm to Natalia hoping get some help to.

I received your message and forwarded your account to the engineers, will help you handle it soon, please check it later, hope it works.
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules