SHOULD I CONTINUE TO RUN FOR BIRDS OR THEY WILL RUN FOR MY DRONE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blaize Films
lvl.1

Nigeria

Evrytime I am flying and I suddenly see any bird in the sky, I land my drone immediately and my flying experience becomes ruined because I am trying to be careful. This has continued for long and I am wondering how long I will keep landing my drone immediately i see a bird in the sky. SHOULD I STOP LANDING? WILL THE BIRD RUN FOR THE DRONE OR THE BIRD WILL DIVE AT IT AND CRASH MY DRONE. I WILL LIKE TO KNOW
2017-5-3
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

EVERYTIME I SEE BIRDS I LAND
but most of the time they're not really interested
They just check it out and leave
2017-5-3
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Depends on the type of bird.

Most of them will only attack if it is nesting time and they are defending their nests, and normally it is only birds that eat meat or fish.

Normally, you can avoid birds by going vertically upwards since they are not able to do so, if they try then they will get tired very quickly and then leave you alone.
2017-5-3
Use props
Propwash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Birds of prey are the main culprit especially in the breeding season best avoided.Just decrease your altitude sugnificantly till the threat passes or move your location,best outcome for all
2017-5-3
Use props
Marcelo Angelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402087 ft
Brazil

I have the same problem. I think the small birds won't attack the drone, but they can crash unintentionally. Bigger birds I think that are a real problem. I was filming a waterfall and a hawk try to attack my mavic more the 5 times...
2017-5-12
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

We gave alot if Bald Eagles and when I take off they all come by, the first time I counted 8, after about 10 min or so all but 1 left. Since I now fly alot in the same spot, I gave only seen 2 or three in the sky. I try to avoid them and have come to the conclusion that they are very curious but they can not be underestimate and must be respected and indeed if you are crept up on a vertical climb buys u time to avoid... Horizontal acceleration would surely be the end....
2017-5-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Most birds are not interested in your drone.

2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not my video, but interesting to witness...

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tower, we have a drone in the Hudson......
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-12 21:26
Tower, we have a drone in the Hudson......

Hahaha, it beats getting chased down by trained Eagles in Amsterdam...

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Propwash has my vote. Reported bird attacks seem to come from birds of prey. Would be really interesting to see what happens if you had one drone with a coloured skin and one without i.e. white.
Also may depend where you are as some countries may have a better class of eagle
2017-5-12
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Understand about the bird phobia but I would be concerned about your landings if you are taking off again with less than a full battery.
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules