Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 719754 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I have been flying s1000 with BMPCC Gimbal, iOSD and 5.8 for a while now, Gimbal with second operator on 5.8.
I use homefence and cruise control, and while trying to set up my new Lightbriidge, I cant work out how to assign enough channels for flight control. I dont need any for gimbal as that will stay on 5.8ghz. Am I missing something, or can I in fact only have 8 channels for flight control>>>?
Thanks
2015-3-6
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

your light bridge support 12/14 channels in single mode and your second operator use a 5,8GHz TX and RX.
what kind of TX you are using and which cable from TX to LB
2015-3-6
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ducpeter Posted at 2015-3-7 14:32
your light bridge support 12/14 channels in single mode and your second operator use a 5,8GHz TX and ...

I am using a Futaba 14SG .. so I can get all 12 channels in single operator mode?..
The gimbal is a separate entity, although I could fly on my Dragonlink (433) and use the Lightbridge for Gimbal? Does the Zenmuse GCU accept the Dbus from the Lightbridge, or is that different to the bus input on the GCU?
Thanks!
2015-3-7
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

yes you get all 12 channels in single mode (futaba multi mode)
you need an 5,8 RX for the Zenmuse GCU and not contect to the BUS from the LB
2015-3-7
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

This is my setup with single and dual operator setup

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure that your trainer mode is set up for 12 channels.  You can assign channels 1-12 in the LB assistant.  Ignore the gimbal assignments.  Once you have done that and calibrated the channels.  Power cycle the LB ground unit and then power everything up and connect to the A2 Assistant.  All 12 channels should now be available for you to map.  It is confusing.  The above information came from DJI's lead programmer on the Lightbridge.  I have never had to use it as my gimbals have always been the HD variety, BMPCC, GH4 and 5DMK III.
2015-3-11
Use props
DBUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a related query:

I have an S900, A2, Z15-GH4, LB, 14SG (Pilot) and T8J (Camera man)

All work OK via LB with the T8J tethered to the LB . Also works well in single man operations from 14SG via LB using up to 12 channels (with separate LB mappings).

If I plug in an SBUS receiver for T8J (untethered) in Aux2 on the GCU it works fine when the LB is disconnected, however connect LB to CGU and the T8J controls no longer work via the CGU

Can the LB and Z15 work alongside an external S-Bus receiver ?
2015-3-14
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone..
I now have my Futaba controlling the s1000 with 12 channels. However, my 5,8 system won't control the gimbal unless i use a can bus cable between GCU and A2, which means I can't use the canbus on the G7 cable to lightbridge, which caries the video and power to it..... all very confusing... It is a BMPCC gimbal. Any help greatly appreciated!
2015-3-30
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't get this at all! .. I simply want to use lightbridge for controlling the aircraft and sending my video picture with telemetry. I do not want to control my z15 BMPCC gimbal with it. I can't find a way that this is possible... Maybe cut out the canbus cables in the g7 cable?
I need 12 Channels of Lightbridge for aircraft control and nothing for gimbal. If anyone has any ideas, I am desperate to hear them.
Thanks in advance....
2015-3-31
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

sniblett.mac Posted at 2015-3-31 20:16
I don't get this at all! .. I simply want to use lightbridge for controlling the aircraft and sendin ...

This should be no problem, install as per the manual, then do not assign the channels that control the gimbal. Simple.
2015-4-2
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks... I think I must have a faulty unit. All 12 channels seem fine in the Lightbridge Assistant (PC), but don't appear in the A2 Assistant.
Futaba set to trainer 12 channel, Lightbridge d-bus into X2... nothing more to change!!
2015-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules