Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Tutorials - How to Unlock GEO Zones
12Next >
48952 66 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

2017-5-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent job explaining the GEO unlocking processes and thank you for posting this information DJI!

Rich
2017-5-4
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

video is unavailable
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thanks. Fixed.
2017-5-4
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Great information and instructions!
2017-5-4
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

GET PART 107 FROM THE FAA - GET REGISTERED W/ DJI - GREAT VIDEO. - THANK YOU KINDLY
2017-5-4
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

This was great info!
2017-5-4
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Well done video.
2017-5-4
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

excellent job...thank you.
2017-5-5
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

so that said - if iam without a Internet Connection I should plan my flight trip?
2017-5-5
Use props
fans1c25639b
New

United Kingdom

I live on a private prison estate. I understand why they don't want people flying over the prison, however I can not even start my drone in my own home or garden, rendering it pretty useless! How can I get this restriction removed (on a permanent basis, I don't to have to keep applying to use my own drone on my own property!) thanks in advance....
2017-5-7
Use props
Trashman
New
Flight distance : 173661 ft
United States

This was helpful since I was trying to get close enough to the house to pick up wifi and get it to take the settings. Much easier to do in advance. Although daily is a pain and don't get above 100 feet at home and the zone is an infrequent used rural airport. The front 1/2 of my front yard is the start of a yellow zone.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans74c2e19a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2042566 ft
United States

Plese help... What am I doing worng? In my case, i can't unlock on-site (yellow zone) because i do not have internet access. I've tried the online MY UNLOCKING PLANS... I followed the instructions carefully... and I can't even see my Unlocking Plans on the schedule... Is ther something wrong with my account? I am entering the controller s/n...
2017-5-8
Use props
JaushG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Explained it perfectly.
2017-5-9
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Well done DJI!
2017-5-9
Use props
Ivan Garcia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3219157 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Very Useful!
2017-5-9
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

Is that Joe himself^
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Avery is the one in the video. I have not been part of any DJI videos.
2017-5-12
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

fans74c2e19a Posted at 2017-5-8 21:18
Plese help... What am I doing worng? In my case, i can't unlock on-site (yellow zone) because i do not have internet access. I've tried the online MY UNLOCKING PLANS... I followed the instructions carefully... and I can't even see my Unlocking Plans on the schedule... Is ther something wrong with my account? I am entering the controller s/n...

You need to go to the app and find the flight controller serial number ( under the about tap scroll down to the bottom) it is not the same as the s/n on the bottom of the R/C.
2017-5-12
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Guys, please unlock when you know you are able to.  If you are in a restricted area, please make sure that you KNOW THE REASON it is restricted and that you are waiting now only the law, but the safety of others. For example, there is an area around Van Nuys airport called the "Valley Flyers" that pretty much has a permanent knowledge of the regional airport by the tower that there are during the day, always below 400 feet planes and quads, and every other flying device flying around and they just direct around it.

Otherwise, you would have to call the tower and get the permission from the tower.  The permission isn't just so somebody can say "yes, you are allowed" but also so that they know where to route their other aircraft to make sure there are no casualties.

Please be advised of this stuff.  It's so important as anyone that is a pilot will tell you.  There is a rather large highway in the sky that is being filled with a lot of new crafts under 400 feet and when you are getting on that highway, you have to be seen by the people directing it.  I know it feels like you are alone but believe me, you're not.

I don't want to sound like I'm on a soap box or talking down to anyone because I am not but I am just sending a friendly reminder to please be aware of your surrounding and what is happening.

2017-5-15
Use props
fans67ef7abf
New
Flight distance : 39298 ft
Brazil

Great! Thanks !
2017-5-17
Use props
sMiles
lvl.1
United States

A nice band-aid, but renders any plan to use DJI gear in the Search & Rescue community a non-starter.  My clients need a way to immediately override any restrictions, including RED zones.  
2017-5-21
Use props
fansae2d952e
New
United States

So even when given clearance to fly, I can't use the power of intelligent flight modes? Poor decisions by the compliance team.
2017-5-21
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

I checked the GEO map and where I fly there is no restrictions for miles out of my range so I am in good shape.  
2017-5-23
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

I mean the closest straight shot to the airport is a little over 14 mi. as the crow flies,19.7 mi by road.There are no landmarks so I don't have to file a plan or unlock the GEO zones but i'll keep that tutorial in case I go on vacation and need a refresher course.I think that's the way i'm reading it anyway.
2017-5-23
Use props
New Drone User
New
Australia

Ok I'm just confused over all this upgrade I live in Australia do I need to update my DJI standard 3 drone ? So I have been reading if I don't then DJI will restrict my drone is this all correct - so confused
2017-5-24
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very clear guidance. Many thanks
2017-5-27
Use props
fansf02de041
New
United States

Fix yourserver
2017-5-27
Use props
fans1eea0aa8
New
Flight distance : 71706 ft
United States

Can't fly. Fix. Your. Server.  Been getting server busy for hours.  
2017-5-27
Use props
Ariel2
New
Argentina

Hello I downloaded the application of assitance dji assitance 2 and by default I get the question if I want to connect my inspire 2 ?? .... I do not have that model of Drone .... why does this happen? ... is it as if the application assumes that I have the inspire 2? .... I have a phantom 4 pro
2017-6-6
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

fansd0dc6037 Posted at 2017-6-12 12:34
NO UPFRONT PAYMENTS INVOLVED

Hello everyone,My name is MR. FECOK SMITH, I am a loan lender and I

I'd like the $10,000,000 loan and want it put into DJI customer service improvements please.
2017-6-12
Use props
Nightjumper
lvl.1
United States

My DJI Assistant will not recognize my unit as being on. When I bring up the app, it list only the A2 and Ronin and won't let me change it to P4PRO. I downloaded the Assistant 2 app, but can't open it. Help please
2017-6-14
Use props
Kevvwals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161112 ft
United States

I have followed this video, but after getting confirmation that the area is unlocked nothing shows up in my unlocking plans. Any ideas?
2017-6-18
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi DJI Joe

I have a problem with Geo System in DJI GO 4 App

Unfortunately, when I've try all the features of the DJI GO 4 application, I think I've removed the GEO System ...
Now, it does not appear in general settings ...

The same thing is happening in the DJI GO application ...

Strange thing is that in the same area

I can fly with my Phantom 3 adavaced using DJI GO APP, and IPad Pro

But I can NOT  fly using the same iPad Pro, with DJI GO 4 and phantom 4 pro

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, having no more access into GEO SYSTEM menu

so ... now can't check if I have different setting or something like this ...

So someone can help me to reset or give me the way to have GEO SYSTEM function menu in general setting ...
I'm using IPad Pro and IPhone 7 Plus updated ... DJI GO with phantom 3 adv all updated and DJI GO 4 with Phantom 4 pro all updated

pls ... help me

General settings

General settings
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-6-19 01:41
Hi DJI Joe

I have a problem with Geo System in DJI GO 4 App

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It's a great first step.
2017-6-19
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-6-19 08:43
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It's a great first step.

Thanks for your kind reply.
I've already done this, but nothing has changed ... what can I do? Is there another way?
2017-6-19
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

hi DJI Joe
as mentioned in previous posts, geo system does not want to appear more ...
I did also reset my iphone device, reinstalled DJI GO 4 ....
Everything has been updated ... both phantom 3 adv and 4 pro updated

But phantom 3 with DJI GO continues to fly, while Phantom 4 pro with DJI GO 4 does not want to fly in the same area ...
And the Geo System general settings menu is no longer visible
I do not know what else to do ...
Please, do you have any other suggestions?
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-6-20 11:43
hi DJI Joe
as mentioned in previous posts, geo system does not want to appear more ...
I did also reset my iphone device, reinstalled DJI GO 4 ....

Honestly, I'm not sure why your P3 is flying but not your P4. Your app looks fine, though.
2017-6-28
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

do i need to unlock the green zones even it is enhanced?
2017-6-30
Use props
fans392f80b2
New
Flight distance : 1772 ft
United States

the online unlock never works, horrible service
2017-7-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now