Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans392f80b2 Posted at 2017-7-9 18:12
the online unlock never works, horrible service

Have you sent email to flysafe@dji.com for unlocking? May I have more details of unpleasant experience with our service?
2017-7-10
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

How do i do so i can unlock inside the djigo app I always have internet connection. But when I try, it will have my phone number and then say it does not work ... How to get up so it can be done (where) .. ???
2017-7-11
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just wondering about this today. I'm currently working towards my part 107 certification and part of the instruction talks about how class B airspace can be an 'odd' shape (rather than a circle around the airport). As part 107 remote PICs, we 'should' be able to unlock areas that a hobbyist could not - with the proper authorization of course.  This was a great description and instruction. I've saved the links on my devices in the event I need to access them when on location (except the 'planner' of course, that one will be needed well before the mission.  That's the one thing that jumps out at me about the 107 certificate, there is no "jump in the car and go fly", there's a LOT of pre-planning that would go into each flight, this would be just one more step towards being prepared for the flight.
2017-7-15
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, this was very helpful!
2017-7-16
Use props
HecticPancakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598156 ft

Australia

Well thats a great explanation  ..
2017-7-18
Use props
fans8a594c16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29826 ft
United States

Thanks for the video. It seems to me DJI is working to provide reasonable access to areas that may be sensitive for flying.
2017-7-25
Use props
Themiller
New
France

Nice tutorial !
2017-7-25
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

THIS IS NOT A GREAT IDEA
2017-7-27
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

Thank you, this was very helpful!
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_88rmwik
New
United States

Helpful, otherwise I would be doing a lot of searching.  I live close enough to a hospital to get the yellow warning.  It is really annoying to unlock it every day.  I think that if the check boxes were bigger, it would at least be quicker. Now, it takes several presses to acknowledge.  Not a huge deal, but annoying.
2017-7-30
Use props
Howard Lim
New
United States

Great Job!
2017-7-31
Use props
Neil Jack
lvl.1

India

Thank You This is great Info....
2017-7-31
Use props
Ralphie3220
New
United States

I submitted an Individual unlock request that was approved, but I'm not seeing the flight under my account under my unlocking plans. Has any one had this issue before? Should it be showing up there? And most importantly will I be able to fly?
2017-8-14
Use props
Periklis
New
Greece

What about Greece? How can I fly over a stadium in red zone?
2017-8-24
Use props
fans8b4cc0be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394216 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have used the DjI unlocking service for commercial work in a Red No Fly Zone and it works well.  I was able to unlock 2 location at  UK restricted zones for missions on the same day. The service and response times from DJI were excellent. Used  Drone Depoy for mapping in No Fly Zone
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8b4cc0be Posted at 2017-11-17 22:52
I have used the DjI unlocking service for commercial work in a Red No Fly Zone and it works well.  I was able to unlock 2 location at  UK restricted zones for missions on the same day. The service and response times from DJI were excellent. Used  Drone Depoy for mapping in No Fly Zone

Thanks for the positive feedback about our service, we are glad to hear it went well and you are pleased with the result.
We will keep moving to provide more professional customer service.
Happy flying.
2017-11-19
Use props
AerialPhotograp
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for the explanation
2017-12-14
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Everyone,

I have requested the ONLINE self unlock, I have provided the controller serial ( I am flying a spark) to train some staff on basic flying.
however I can't seem to find :

1- where should I be seeing the authorization
2- how is it applied to the craft
3- Why doens't DJI use the crafts serial number... We dont always want to power on the bird just to get that info. I realize we can write it on the case ext. but that can lead to some confusion.
4- Does the self un-lock via the website take some time to be executed?
5- I see nothing other than my order on the main page of my DJI account.

Can DJI or someone with experience please provide some assistance?
Thank you
2018-1-5
Use props
fans7dbec389
lvl.1
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-1-5 12:24
Hello Everyone,

I have requested the ONLINE self unlock, I have provided the controller serial ( I am flying a spark) to train some staff on basic flying.

Also, how do we unlock in an area with no cellular service - not all of the world has easy access to Wifi or cell towers.  
2018-1-15
Use props
fans8b90f470
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2640584 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys, your pages to unlock the areas... doesn't work. Every link mentioned in the video doesn't work. its looping. It asks you to login to your account. I login, go back to the page... it says to login. then i go through your menus to reach the page again... it tells me to login. its a never ending cycle of login...

If i spend thousands on a product, am licensed through my country's FAA, and I have an authorization to fly.. why is china policing me to not fly? Or not providing a simple and easy way to achieve authorization?

Is emailing your team the only way to go about this?
2018-2-1
Use props
fans8b90f470
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2640584 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nevermind its an issue with google chrome.
2018-2-1
Use props
fansf93718cf
New
Flight distance : 7953 ft
United States

So my house has been deemed in a red zone. Airports are 4.5 miles away and no way to unlock as home ownership is not a good reason. I also do work for a company where I inspect roof tops for damages, moss, etc.. Looks like I am not able to do this at several locations as well. Suggestions? Sell useless drone and take 600 dollar hit?? TYIA
2018-2-22
Use props
rallysquirrel82
lvl.2
United States

So, I was unable to unlock a no-fly zone today. DJI rejected both my cell # and credit card info saying that they were both invalid, thus I couldn't complete the unlock process. Has anyone else had this issue before? If so is there a workaround? Thanks
2018-2-26
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

On this thread the same question I have has been asked three times, posts #15, #37, and #53. I have VERY CAREFULLY followed your instructiions for unlocking a yellow zone where I have no WIFI access. The video clearly shows after approval you can view account and see a list of 'unlocking plans'. I have tried this many times now and no such list appears. Also, when I go to the site I am not allowed to fly. I am obviously not the only one having this problem - yet I have seen no direct responses - other than asking if they know the difference between the contorller S/N and the drone S/N. I would at least like a list of possible issues causing this. A great addition to the video would be the next step - flying in the yellow zone with prior unlocking. Does the DJI GO app automatically unlock for takeoff or is there another entire step you are not showing? I find it disturbing this question has been asked so many times with no real response.
2018-3-4
Use props
Expert Aerial Solutions, LLC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268051 ft
United States

SupPackFan Posted at 2018-3-4 07:25
On this thread the same question I have has been asked three times, posts #15, #37, and #53. I have VERY CAREFULLY followed your instructiions for unlocking a yellow zone where I have no WIFI access. The video clearly shows after approval you can view account and see a list of 'unlocking plans'. I have tried this many times now and no such list appears. Also, when I go to the site I am not allowed to fly. I am obviously not the only one having this problem - yet I have seen no direct responses - other than asking if they know the difference between the contorller S/N and the drone S/N. I would at least like a list of possible issues causing this. A great addition to the video would be the next step - flying in the yellow zone with prior unlocking. Does the DJI GO app automatically unlock for takeoff or is there another entire step you are not showing? I find it disturbing this question has been asked so many times with no real response.

I just had this problem today with an inspire 1.   Client moved location into a yellow zone that I have an FAA CoA for.   DJI Go App flagged it and required phone number yada yada and verified.  However no unlocks show in the app.    Drone is still locked.   Restart drone, controller and App and drone appears OK for about 20 seconds into flight then it begins landing.   I try unlocking several times with no luck.   Lost job...   who at DJI will pay my invoice?   Now I try to do the unlock from online page and still no unlocks in app show up.   This whole locking is complete and utter BS for profesional licensed pilots.
2018-3-13
Use props
the.ronin
lvl.2
United States

Can geozone unlock be requested if you are using a tablet without internet connection?
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

the.ronin Posted at 3-25 13:24
Can geozone unlock be requested if you are using a tablet without internet connection?

Hi the.ronin, if you are planning to fly in an Authorization Zone without an Internet connection, you can use the Online Flight Planner to schedule up to 30 simultaneous unlocking plans. Each unlocked zone will remain unlocked for three days.
Please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules