2138 18 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans816f2d7b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328786 ft
Italy

Hallo,

I' own a P4P since a couple of months and apart has been already returned for gimbal offset problem, I still have problem about the video reception even if reported before first return to DJI.  Just before the Phantom i had a Mavic and i never had any problem with the video signal always flying in the same area now with the P4P, but when with Mavic i flight without any sort of interruption on the video feed, using the P4P is almost impossible to get clear or stable video transmission without having several breaks on each flight.
I tried both bands, both selection betweeen auto or custom, using any channel available but even if the app always shows me that everything is fine with the incoming signal, the video feeed is often freezed or lost as soon i fly a bit far from the remote control, so by sight i have breaks already after 100 mt as also close at 30-40 mt far away flying just behind a single tree (not a forest and not really big tree).  With Mavic i did everything in a range of 1km without any break, but now, still if flying in the same area with the same flight patterns, no way to get stable signal for the whole flight with the P4P!...But the Ocusync technology should not be much more performing respet the previous one used on Mavic and other several models?!?
It could be just a problem of mine, or someone else here has noted the same poor performance/shorter range with the Ocusync video signal on P4P?

2017-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The P4P does not use Ocusync, it uses Lightbridge HD, and you have not mentioned what device you use (phone or tablet) as this is the most critical part of the display system.
2017-5-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Also you should be on the right transmission frequency for your environment (if supported in your country). The P4P has two frequencies 2.4 and 5.8.. Try each one and see if your performance is improved.
2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

Oh yes thx Geebax and sorry, I have confused a bit between names and declared perfromances, anyway about the P4P DJI says:   "...The integrated upgraded Lightbridge HD video transmission system supports dual frequencies for greater interference resistance and a maximum video transmission range of 4.3mi (7km)*..." then i can't even go up to 100~200 mt. in LOS without having some breaks and it's not should be matter of what tablet i'm using, I had the same while flying with Mavic, an iPad mini 4, so if has problem with it i can't imagine with older models!

2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

...not last, i got the HDMI module, so bypassed by the iPad, and the video feed has the same problem even on my external monitor/recorder, a blackmagic video assist 7"...So this should exclude the iPad from the cause of the poor reception (or maybe transmission)...

I didn't try to exclude the encoding on the DJI GO 4, but I don't think should change in this case....In my opinion, having some expereince with RF equipment, it's a problem connected with the COFDM/OFDM link (lightbridge) or their antennas and/or position maybe....

I also thoguht that maybe i could have an antenna internally not well connected, but it's a bit complicated to check it inside the landing gear, on the  main PCB everythign seems fine, i just miss to check at the  receiver PCB inside the radio  or phisically the dipole antennas inside the landing gear...
2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

ERRATA CORRIGE:   title should be POOR VIDEO TRASMISSION FROM P4P (...i don't know how to change the main title)
2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-3 15:13
Also you should be on the right transmission frequency for your environment (if supported in your country). The P4P has two frequencies 2.4 and 5.8.. Try each one and see if your performance is improved.

thanks Mobilcams, as explained in my post, i tried every selection as any channles on both bands, but anyway in the area where i use to fly the DJI GO 4 app show me always the best reception icon (full green) even if inconsisten with the final video reception....do you have the encoding function switched on on DJI GO 4? I never tried to fly with it switched off....May could help?
2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-3 15:13

thanks Mobilcams, as explained in my post, i tried every selection as any channles on both bands, but anyway in the area where i use to fly the DJI GO 4 app show me always the best reception icon (full green) even if inconsisten with the final video reception....do you have the encoding function switched on on DJI GO 4? I never tried to fly with it switched off....May could help?
2017-5-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-3 15:38

It might.. What is the device you are using? I have seen full bars on my old Samsung Tablet but because the tablet was so slow it caused issues that I THOUGHT were transmission issues - but it was just the tablet being to weak to handle the information. Also try to turn off your video cache (found in the general settings towards the bottom) that can help offload some of the CPU cycles being taken up.
2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-3 15:42
It might.. What is the device you are using? I have seen full bars on my old Samsung Tablet but because the tablet was so slow it caused issues that I THOUGHT were transmission issues - but it was just the tablet being to weak to handle the information. Also try to turn off your video cache (found in the general settings towards the bottom) that can help offload some of the CPU cycles being taken up.

I use an iPad 4 mini, but having also the hdmi module i noted the same directly on the video feed, so not passing by the tablet.
My video cache is turned off since from the first time.
2017-5-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-3 16:26
I use an iPad 4 mini, but having also the hdmi module i noted the same directly on the video feed, so not passing by the tablet.
My video cache is turned off since from the first time.

Have you tried to re-link your controller with your P4P? Maybe after the HDMI upgrade it needs to be re-linked?
2017-5-3
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-3 15:35
ERRATA CORRIGE:   title should be POOR VIDEO TRASMISSION FROM P4P (...i don't know how to change the main title)

Edit your first post to change the title.
2017-5-3
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-3 15:35

i would, but i can't see any edit button...
2017-5-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-4 04:20

Are you on the mobile browser version of the site, app version, or desktop browser version? Either way, I suppose changing the title is really not that important.
2017-5-4
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-4 07:00
Are you on the mobile browser version of the site, app version, or desktop browser version? Either way, I suppose changing the title is really not that important.

standard browser on a macbook desktop
2017-5-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-4 09:48
standard browser on a macbook desktop

I can't say for sure (as I am not on a Mac) but in Windows, below each of your own posts you would see links labeled:

Reply - Edit - Upvote - Downvote

Upon clicking 'edit' on the first post of the topic you created you would be able to modify the title as well as the content within the post. Perhaps someone else on Mac will chime in.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Flying Andy Posted at 2017-5-4 04:20

I fixed the title for you. Like previously mentioned, did you refresh the firmware on the RC after installing the HDMI module?
2017-5-5
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 16:40
I fixed the title for you. Like previously mentioned, did you refresh the firmware on the RC after installing the HDMI module?

that's for sure, i mounted the HDMI module as soon i get it from new all the package and in the meantime  i did the upgrade of both drone and RC control at last FW, so it should be ok about that
2017-5-6
Use props
fans848f2e4b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 291929 ft
United States

Heres a good video on the subject:

2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules