788 4 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328786 ft
Italy

Hallo,

Does anyone experiencing problem with unwanted small movements on the PAN axes of the P4P gimbal?
Now, just after few days from new,  i had very often, not continuosly, but on every flight anyway...seems like not well calibrated with too much higher sensivity (from the fadtory of course as we cannot change any setting by us).
Even while hovering as showed in my video here attached.
When it happen the gimbal sounds badly.
I hope to do not have to return it twice in 3 months!
Any suggestion from someone here?
Of course, i had re-calibrated everything severla times but without any success regarding this problem.
Thanks in advance.

2017-5-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Never had this issue even in high wind. I suggest return it if it is new or start a case number.
2017-5-3
Use props
apomares-Vzla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633609 ft
United States

It looks as a internal malfunction. I understand you are angry having to return it again. In my case i live in Venezuela and I have to send it to the USA every time. Drones should be  better tested before sending it all over the world.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, is this a replacement unit from an exchange or a repair service? Have you checked the ribbon cable for any nicks?
2017-5-4
Use props
Flying Andy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328786 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 13:31
Just to clarify, is this a replacement unit from an exchange or a repair service? Have you checked the ribbon cable for any nicks?

yes, was replaced the whole gimbal already under RMA for repair as with the first one i had problem with the offset,  by default, the camera was always turned a bit to the right side respect the center of the drone.
This second gimbal since when arrived back did that undesired sound everytime i tilt the camera at a certain angle as the ribbon cable around the tilt motor touch the camera body while rotating as also many other have claimed in another post, but this is the ribbon cable between tilt and roll so it should not affect the pan motor which has actually the shaking problem, and this comes suddendly all the time even without rotating the camera on the roll/tilt axis.
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules