Would you buy Dji Goggles at the first moment?
123Next >
4796 85 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd0df389f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53602 ft
United States

I just ordered them today. So, Yes
2017-5-15
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-5-11 20:30
waste of good money, it's a photography drone.  Tell me how you can take any decent videos/pix with the goggles on.

I disagree. You can take great videos with the goggles. The only reason I won't get them is the price... Almost half of the Mavics price!
2017-5-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I ordered the goggles today. I have issues seeing my iPad mini 2 display in bright sunlight. I purchased a hood and a MavMount but it is still a bit inconvenient to fly with and since I can't get a clear view of how close I am to obstacles with the tablet display, I typically fly much further way that I care too. I think the immersive experience you will achieve with the goggles, coupled with the high resolution, it will give me more confidence in my flying and allow me to get closer to objects than I do currently using only the iPad mini display. If all else fails, it will at least allow others that are with me enjoy the experience as a spectator while I pilot...
2017-5-15
Use props
Skookumtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323589 ft
United States

Ordered mine today. Any idea how soon they plan on shipping. I ordered my Mavic the day it was announced and didn't get it until 1.5 months later.
2017-5-15
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

fansd0df389f Posted at 2017-5-15 04:15
I just ordered them today. So, Yes

You're lucky. In China the pre-orders were sold out in 20 minutes. I was not able to place mine in time. :-(
2017-5-15
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Yhadar Posted at 2017-5-15 07:58
I disagree. You can take great videos with the goggles. The only reason I won't get them is the price... Almost half of the Mavics price!

Yeah, with goggles you can see the view much better. It'll be easier to take videos/pictures with them.
2017-5-15
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-5-15 08:53
I ordered the goggles today. I have issues seeing my iPad mini 2 display in bright sunlight. I purchased a hood and a MavMount but it is still a bit inconvenient to fly with and since I can't get a clear view of how close I am to obstacles with the tablet display, I typically fly much further way that I care too. I think the immersive experience you will achieve with the goggles, coupled with the high resolution, it will give me more confidence in my flying and allow me to get closer to objects than I do currently using only the iPad mini display. If all else fails, it will at least allow others that are with me enjoy the experience as a spectator while I pilot...

Good point. It will provide a much different flying experience. You can actually see the objects as if you're standing beside it. We can also have a lot of fun with the spectator/pilot mode. :-)
2017-5-15
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Skookumtim Posted at 2017-5-15 14:01
Ordered mine today. Any idea how soon they plan on shipping. I ordered my Mavic the day it was announced and didn't get it until 1.5 months later.

I heard that they are going to ship it in about one or two weeks. I guess they have learned their lessons in Mavic shipment. ;-)
2017-5-15
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see a lot of complaints about price, has anyone shopped around for a good pair of FPV goggles lately?
FatShark HD I've owned and returned $499 and not realy HD, Avagant Glyph $499 also owned and sold on ebay, the image cuts out or disapeare when you glimpse up, down, left or right. Cinimizer $790 well i still own and like these. Walkera $500+ owned and sold on craigslist the worst pair I've tried and finaly the Epson BT300 fpv over $800, they pesent some relly nice posebilities i really loved those glasses but the iterface needs much improvement so I returned them to amazon but ill be getting another set if thay come up with a better interface. I belive that DJI may be heading in a similar direction in the future as they where very involved in developing a GO4 app exclusively for those glasses. Ill be trying the DJI googles, i know that alot of you dont think its worth it but trust me I've tried the card board & litchi combo as well as the modded galexy VR as well as all of the above and the eperience is very different with each so far nothing compares to the cinimizer but its FOV is a bit lacking, hopefully DJI gogles will be a grate improvment or ill probebly be shipping them back
2017-5-15
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-15 20:21
I see a lot of complaints about price, has anyone shopped around for a good pair of FPV goggles lately?
FatShark HD I've owned and returned $499 and not realy HD, Avagant Glyph $499 also owned and sold on ebay, the image cuts out or disapeare when you glimpse up, down, left or right. Cinimizer $790 well i still own and like these. Walkera $500+ owned and sold on craigslist the worst pair I've tried and finaly the Epson BT300 fpv over $800, they pesent some relly nice posebilities i really loved those glasses but the iterface needs much improvement so I returned them to amazon but ill be getting another set if thay come up with a better interface. I belive that DJI may be heading in a similar direction in the future as they where very involved in developing a GO4 app exclusively for those glasses. Ill be trying the DJI googles, i know that alot of you dont think its worth it but trust me I've tried the card board & litchi combo as well as the modded galexy VR as well as all of the above and the eperience is very different with each so far nothing compares to the cinimizer but its FOV is a bit lacking, hopefully DJI gogles will be a grate improvment or ill probebly be shipping them back

Wow, you did try a lot of FPV goggles, I bet DJI Goggles are the best in the same price range.
2017-5-16
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

I have ordered on second round yesterday cause most of the time when i fly, my friends are doing something else or poking at my screen, asking questions.. with goggles they get to see the world from another perspective !!
2017-5-16
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

been using fatsharks for mavic fpv flying the image quality is ok but the dji goggles are on another level so ive ordered mine, flying fpv is wonderfull if you havent tried it i thourghly recomend it,
2017-5-16
Use props
Skold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239170 ft
United States

When will they be coming out with Mavic-colored goggles?
2017-5-16
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yhadar Posted at 2017-5-8 01:32
The only reason I won't buy it is the price. I mean, almost half the price of the Mavic...

For what the Dji goggles offers you over the Fat sharks HD3, at a similar price, I think the price is pretty good.
I was expecting them to be more to be honest.
G
2017-5-17
Use props
Skookumtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323589 ft
United States

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-15 18:53
I heard that they are going to ship it in about one or two weeks. I guess they have learned their lessons in Mavic shipment. ;-)

Haha, exactly. It was definitely a strategy to announce the Mavic before they were ready, to undercut GoPro. I don't see any factors on this one. Unless the demand is outrageous!
2017-5-17
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Mayoo Posted at 2017-5-16 20:34
I have ordered on second round yesterday cause most of the time when i fly, my friends are doing something else or poking at my screen, asking questions.. with goggles they get to see the world from another perspective !!

It's good for you and your friends. Both of you and your friends are happy now. ;-)
2017-5-17
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-16 23:32
been using fatsharks for mavic fpv flying the image quality is ok but the dji goggles are on another level so ive ordered mine, flying fpv is wonderfull if you havent tried it i thourghly recomend it,

Yeah, definitely a whole new world in front of your eyes. !!!
2017-5-17
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Skold Posted at 2017-5-16 23:51
When will they be coming out with Mavic-colored goggles?

Probably never. :-)
2017-5-17
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-5-17 01:21
For what the Dji goggles offers you over the Fat sharks HD3, at a similar price, I think the price is pretty good.
I was expecting them to be more to be honest.
G

You ARE honest. :-)
2017-5-17
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Skookumtim Posted at 2017-5-17 11:55
Haha, exactly. It was definitely a strategy to announce the Mavic before they were ready, to undercut GoPro. I don't see any factors on this one. Unless the demand is outrageous!

Totally agree with you.
2017-5-17
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok..
I got my mavic back from warranty repair today, and anxiously awaiting my goggles anyone have an idea when the DJI propeller cages will be available again? They would really compliment the goggles my friend has a set and his mavic is virtually indestructible with them on
2017-5-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-18 10:20
Ok..
I got my mavic back from warranty repair today, and anxiously awaiting my goggles anyone have an idea when the DJI propeller cages will be available again? They would really compliment the goggles my friend has a set and his mavic is virtually indestructible with them on

The propeller cages are currently available and I've seen a report or two of people having actually received them. Unfortunately, I'm also hearing that in addition to significantly reducing flight time -- which we already knew was the case -- that they cause the Mavic to be a bit louder than usual.
2017-5-18
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
Netherlands

I did the preorder 3 days ago. Crossing my fingers.
2017-5-18
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-18 11:18
The propeller cages are currently available and I've seen a report or two of people having actually received them. Unfortunately, I'm also hearing that in addition to significantly reducing flight time -- which we already knew was the case -- that they cause the Mavic to be a bit louder than usual.

I've been trying to place an order for over a 3 months but the DJI store never seem to have them in stock
2017-5-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-18 17:41
I've been trying to place an order for over a 3 months but the DJI store never seem to have them in stock

I just added them to my cart and it said, "Estimated to ship 1-3 business days after payment confirmation" so you might want to try again.
2017-5-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

It looks like ordering the goggles through DJI's Official Store on NewEgg is going to turn out to be a good choice: I got an email earlier today saying that my goggles are expected to ship within 24 to 48 hours.
2017-5-18
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-18 18:32
It looks like ordering the goggles through DJI's Official Store on NewEgg is going to turn out to be a good choice: I got an email earlier today saying that my goggles are expected to ship within 24 to 48 hours.

Excellent news.
The mavic gets a new lease of life with these i suspect.
Being less technical than the Maic itself we should expect these to be largely problem free.
2017-5-18
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-18 18:32

Good news. Looks like they're going to keep their promise of shipment this time.
2017-5-18
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-18 18:43
Excellent news.
The mavic gets a new lease of life with these i suspect.
Being less technical than the Maic itself we should expect these to be largely problem free.

largely problem free? hope so. ;-)
2017-5-18
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Majorl Posted at 2017-5-9 02:17
I believe I would like to try FPV just always having a spotter is an issue wish you could not use a spotter at 150 ft or lower

i have never used a spotter with my drones or my planes i always know where i am, anyway who,s going to know they wont police it as there are more important things  to enforce never had a problem in 6 years and probaly wont have one in another 6 years of flying fpv ;)
2017-5-19
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

they are very over priced but i sold my phantom to buy them ;)
2017-5-19
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-19 03:15
i have never used a spotter with my drones or my planes i always know where i am, anyway who,s going to know they wont police it as there are more important things  to enforce never had a problem in 6 years and probaly wont have one in another 6 years of flying fpv ;)

But if it is enforced by law, you have to obey it. :-(
2017-5-19
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-19 04:56
they are very over priced but i sold my phantom to buy them ;)

Nice move.
2017-5-19
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-19 22:08
But if it is enforced by law, you have to obey it. :-(

uh not in my world ;)
2017-5-19
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just got an opportunity to try the DJI goggles at about 27 miles per hour in with the mavic in some really tight spaces. Please don't ban me but I must say F***ing WOW! Freaking amazing the screen size is wow! picture Wow and they were pretty comfortable I've just posted my cinemizer and my Walkera goggle 3 on eBay, will be picking up a second pair of the DJI goggles. And I was unable to find any defects during my short flight, these are a must-haves if you enjoy flying with goggles
2017-5-20
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-20 07:09
Just got an opportunity to try the DJI goggles at about 27 miles per hour in with the mavic in some really tight spaces. Please don't ban me but I must say F***ing WOW! Freaking amazing the screen size is wow! picture Wow and they were pretty comfortable I've just posted my cinemizer and my Walkera goggle 3 on eBay, will be picking up a second pair of the DJI goggles. And I was unable to find any defects during my short flight, these are a must-haves if you enjoy flying with goggles

Basically, wow, Wow, WOW! That's a very impressive remark.
2017-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will be placing my order when they are available to per-order again I missed the previous 2 batches
2017-5-22
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

LoveJ Posted at 2017-5-22 01:15
Basically, wow, Wow, WOW! That's a very impressive remark.

Yes J, just wow.
I didnt intend to do a full in-depth reviwe, but im sure you would not have an hard time finding a few on youtube. Some of you guys can be so critical, relax. i was alowed to try the goggles for a few minuites and was simply shearing my moment.
2017-5-22
Use props
Frostywinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3086522 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I picked up my DJI Googles last Friday (pre ordered from local store)
Wow they are fantastic - A great experience
You can also record your flight on the built in SD card so you can show other people that flight through the Goggles latter on.
The Head tracking and Flight tracking is also a amazing experience on a Mavic, although this features doesn't yet work on my P4

2017-5-22
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
China

Exib Posted at 2017-5-22 02:10
Will be placing my order when they are available to per-order again I missed the previous 2 batches

Me too. Waiting for the 3rd round...
2017-5-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules