DJI Support and my Bricked RC due to support
1875 5 2015-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

So anyone had to wait on DJI support , after the firmwar came out i flashed the Inspire which updated ok, but when it came to the RC it seams to have bricked it, how long have peeps had to wait for DJI to replace it? been 2 days since any contact now! but in total 1 week

come on DJI i've paid alot of money for your product i love and want to use ..... but your support is letting me down... from the begaining when they told me to turn of the RC after 30-40 mins with blue light

just replace the RC already
2015-3-6
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  There are a pretty large group of us all in the same situation.   My RC bricked 4 days ago.   Been a couple of days since I lodged a formal email to support.   Spent the first day trying to fix it through my own research then spent some time with the online support who eventually said to do it formally.   Been two days since then and haven't heard anything either.

I'm lucky as I have two remotes and one did update correctly so at least I can still fly.
2015-3-7
Use props
Bigstar
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue with my RC .  After several failed attempts while on phone, DJI Support sent me a shipping label and I was going to send it back to them.  Took one last ditch effort to update firmware by reformatting flash drive in EXFAT instead of MS Dos ( I have a Mac pro) and then copied firmware update on to flash drive.  Put it in and started it up and....lo and behold, the update started and I soon got the green light.  Everything working great now.
2015-3-7
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

With return shipping expect 4-6 weeks. Don't expect too much communication from DJI.

Read this thread How Long do DJI Repairs Take

Sorry, but this is the way DJI will treat customers who pay a lot of money.
2015-3-7
Use props
Thranth
lvl.1

Canada

My experience with dji support has been stellar. I had a problem with my display saying disconnected after the update. On another thread it was stated this is a cause for concern as the rc may be bricked. I got online and the chat took about 10 mins to start and about 8 minutes later he had me trying to get my phone debugging properly(it didnt work but that wasnt his fault). He then told me to call the dji support line. I called with about 15 mins till closing time and was  on hold until after hours, a gentleman answered the phone and told me the support line was now closed(I pretty much knew but was waiting to see) He took my email address, started a support ticket number and an email was received 2 minutes later  that asked me to reply with the phone number that was best to get ahold of me the next day.
In the meantime that evening we had figured out it was my samsung s5 that was the problem as my friends Iphone worked fine. As I had planned on getting a tablet anyway I havent played with phone too much
By about 9:30 am the next morning I received another email, again looking for a phone number.
So I emailed them my number.
literally 30 seconds later they called and I explained what had happened and they closed the ticket.
I know this was a quick fix as I didnt have to send anything in for repairs and it sucks for lots of you guys but just wanted to say its not all bad and I think they are trying.
2015-3-7
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi guys, I've read a few posts talking about upgrade issues, particularly about trying to find compatible flash drives / format type.

I had a reasonably trouble free update, but wonder if this was because I used the camera as its micro sd card caddy, as I didn't have a card adaptor. So the card formatting was done in the inspire camera (via dji app), and I just connected using the micro usb lead from my mac, to the camera body, loaded the firmware and updated the inspire, then, used the same lead to connect the RC to the camera/micro sd onboard the Inspire and updated the RC from the camera.  All worked ok.
2015-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules