Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 DONT WORK ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S8
5476 16 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ViktorVT
New
Estonia

Hello everyone

Had the worst experience today:
Last time I used my mavic on monday, 01.05 and everything was fine easy peasy.
Then another Client ordered few shots today, on 04.05. When I showed up and was getting ready to fly, my DJI GO 4 app didn'open. Just said that DJI GO 4 has stopped. I tryed reinstalling and rebooting phone but nothing worked.
I was really embarrassed..

I noticed that yesterday, 03.05 DJI GO 4 was updated.
I contacted Dji support and explained them my situation. Their response was: galaxy s8 is a great phone but DJI GO 4 does not support this device. I told them that I was flying on monday with galaxy s8 and everything was fine but after yesterdays update the app does not open anymore.
To that they sent me screenshot of supported devices and told me that s8 was not one of them

Nice DJI
Thank you for embarrassing me and costing me the gig ;)
2017-5-4
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Have you tried to play with the App Scaling? perhaps it is set to use the full screen and that makes it to crash. Don't own an S8, but check it, also test with a lower resolution. Who knows...

Let me know, I'm curious myself. If you want to go back to an older version, grab it here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/ (this is a trusted site, i've grabbed many older versions here in the past for other apps, or even newer versions before availble in our "local" app store.
2017-5-4
Use props
Deepfreeze
lvl.4
Canada

I've had to go to app managaer, clear all data and cache for the dji go app, and then it would open.
2017-5-4
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Incorrect. It works with S8 and S8+. I got a S8+ myself and I'm set to Ultra HD and it boots up without issues. Not supported doesn't mean it's not working. It will crash, because of Nougat OS itself, but the phone itself is plenty fine. DJI didn't cost you anything. If you're doing this for business, then you better have a backup solution.
2017-5-4
Use props
ViktorVT
New
Estonia

chalde Posted at 2017-5-4 03:34
Incorrect. It works with S8 and S8+. I got a S8+ myself and I'm set to Ultra HD and it boots up without issues. Not supported doesn't mean it's not working. It will crash, because of Nougat OS itself, but the phone itself is plenty fine. DJI didn't cost you anything. If you're doing this for business, then you better have a backup solution.

Thanks chalde for business school 101, but it's not the first time DJI and their support had let me down, I cant own two pairs of everything.
I blame DJI, because it was working 2 days ago fine, now its not and in update was no mention of not supporting nougat.
2017-5-4
Use props
ViktorVT
New
Estonia

Deepfreeze Posted at 2017-5-4 03:21
I've had to go to app managaer, clear all data and cache for the dji go app, and then it would open.

Didnt work :/
2017-5-4
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ViktorVT Posted at 2017-5-4 03:46
Thanks chalde for business school 101, but it's not the first time DJI and their support had let me down, I cant own two pairs of everything.
I blame DJI, because it was working 2 days ago fine, now its not and in update was no mention of not supporting nougat.

Looks like you might have skipped class completely...

Did you purchase a device in the list of compatible devices provided by the manufacturer to operate the  tool needed to perform a professional activity?
No. Fault is yours. Not DJI.

Same rules apply to real pro. A real photographer will purchase all the tools needed to perform his job. Else, it's a hobby and you're trying to make some money out of it.
2017-5-4
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

ViktorVT Posted at 2017-5-4 03:46

Or just download a different app. Litchi should have worked fine and doesn't require you to buy two pairs of everything. Little common sense goes a long way.
2017-5-4
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-5-4 04:12
Or just download a different app. Litchi should have worked fine and doesn't require you to buy two pairs of everything. Little common sense goes a long way.

Hey! which REAL business school did you go to?

ViktorVT, sorry for the "apparent" flaming, but yeah, common sense. Too many are giving crap to DJI for, very often, their own mistake.
2017-5-4
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

chalde Posted at 2017-5-4 04:16
Hey! which REAL business school did you go to?  

ViktorVT, sorry for the "apparent" flaming, but yeah, common sense. Too many are giving crap to DJI for, very often, their own mistake.

I went to Engineering school. I solve problems. And always have a backup plan.
2017-5-4
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-5-4 04:23
I went to Engineering school. I solve problems. And always have a backup plan.

So did I.  I've also been flying for several weeks using an S8+ with absolutely no problems/disconnects.  My backup is my old S5 (with a cracked screen :-).  If you use your drone professionally, use a phone that's free of extraneous apps, plenty of free memory, and set Airplane mode.  You'll have far fewer problems.
2017-5-4
Use props
ViktorVT
New
Estonia

Nees Posted at 2017-5-4 03:12
Have you tried to play with the App Scaling? perhaps it is set to use the full screen and that makes it to crash. Don't own an S8, but check it, also test with a lower resolution. Who knows...

Let me know, I'm curious myself. If you want to go back to an older version, grab it here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/ (this is a trusted site, i've grabbed many older versions here in the past for other apps, or even newer versions before availble in our "local" app store.
I installed previous version,
thank you sir very much, now I can now fly and wait for the Nougat update
2017-5-4
Use props
JMHFL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1323645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems to work OK with my S8+.  I have only flown twice.  The app did crash both times but I think that might have been cause I was trying to live stream both times.
2017-5-4
Use props
Techbrute
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180144 ft
United States

As someone who has programmed for both IOS and Android in the past, I can tell you that IOS has fewer hardware variances that you need to account for.  If I were going to be using this for a source of income, I would probably purchase an iPad mini or some other device that I would dedicate to using strictly for flying.  
2017-5-4
Use props
fanscb1f5a91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375495 ft
United States

ViktorVT Posted at 2017-5-4 05:07

Just curious which specific version did you use for the DJI Go 4 app to work.  I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge and a Mavic Pro
2017-5-4
Use props
fanscb1f5a91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375495 ft
United States

ViktorVT Posted at 2017-5-4 05:07

Just curious which specific version did you use for the DJI Go 4 app to work.  I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge and a Mavic Pro
2017-5-4
Use props
fans3c09d2da
New

I have same problem. S8+ and mavic pro
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules