Gimbal pitch won't do -90deg
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
happyflaps
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey, thanks for reading.
  I finally received my Mavic last week after a 5 month wait. It's awesome! My only issue is that I can't seem to get it to point straight down...

I've tried auto-calibrating the gimbal and it always gets stuck at 31% or 51% and fails. So I tried to recalibrate the IMU and compass and then the gimbal again, and still no luck. Tried with an iPhone 7 and a OnePlus 3T.

When the craft is powered on and connected to the controller, the controller's pitch wheel only sometimes changes the gimbal pitch. You can press it and hold it and nothing happens, but then if you try again after a few seconds it might work.

I have C2 set to toggle between camera forward/down, but when you press it it seems to just jump between ~ -30 to ~ -45 degrees, and sometimes doesn't do anything.

I don't know anyone else with a Mavic that I can ask, and I'm hoping the problem lies with me and not with the gimbal, because I don't want another 5 month wait

Thanks in advance for any tips or help!
2017-5-4
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Post a video so we can see. Also you may try to GENTLY hold the camera and moveit in either to the extreme end but DO NOT force it. You may need to do it few times. Let us know! Good Luck Mate!
2017-5-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

When you first turn the Mavic on after having turned on the RC, does the Mavic fully move the gimbal as it is supposed to do. There are many videos where you can see what the gimbal should do at startup.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please make a short video of the gimbal issue. We will help to check it.
2017-5-5
Use props
happyflaps
lvl.1
Ireland

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll try those and I'll make a video. Yeah the gimbal can be moved freely to all positions, there's nothing jamming it... I'll reply again once I have video to show.

Enjoy this sunset in the meantime :p
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules