Big Sky Montana - Snowboard Trip in 4K - Mavic Pro
842 12 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scrappy
lvl.2
United States

My first video produced with the Mavic.  A bit of a trip documentary, with a bunch of other content from the trip including stabilized GoPro footage of snowboarding on the mountain.  I didn't take the drone on the mountain with me, bummer that the ski resorts really frown upon that.

Let me know what you think!

2017-5-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Really nice... Good job!
2017-5-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Well done!  (and fun)
2017-5-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Well done!  (and fun)
2017-5-4
Use props
snakeplissken
lvl.1
United States

this is a great video. I'm doing the same this January. did you hear what they do if they catch you with it on the mountain? if you had it on the mountain with you, you think you could have taken a fight without being caught? or too sketchy?
2018-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job really nice.
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning location - good work!
2018-11-28
Use props
Scrappy
lvl.2
United States

snakeplissken Posted at 11-27 20:04
this is a great video. I'm doing the same this January. did you hear what they do if they catch you with it on the mountain? if you had it on the mountain with you, you think you could have taken a fight without being caught? or too sketchy?

Hey man, yea at that point in time I wasn't super comfortable taking it with me on the mountain.  From my experience, ski patrol will be all over that .  Depending on the location you might be in a remote enough spot to get away with it, I have done this at a different resort in the back bowls.
2018-11-28
Use props
Scrappy
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 11-28 17:00
Stunning location - good work!

Cheers, thanks!!
2018-11-28
Use props
Scrappy
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-28 16:56
Great job really nice.

Thanks!  Really appreciated.
2018-11-28
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

snakeplissken Posted at 11-27 20:04
this is a great video. I'm doing the same this January. did you hear what they do if they catch you with it on the mountain? if you had it on the mountain with you, you think you could have taken a fight without being caught? or too sketchy?

You would need to get permission from the resort to do it. Most of the legitimate footage that they have is closed off to the public for a while and then they open it up. Between people and chair lifts it is tough to operate a drone in a safe manner. If you did Southern Exposure off the tram it might be possible or the moonlight basin chutes. Both would still be tough. The chutes at least have some solitude where off the tram gets more traffic, especially on a powder day. Just go do some backcountry if you want footage. If you are versed in backcountry exploration there is Beehive not far from there and really any of the stuff around the resort.
2018-11-28
Use props
WONGWAICHOONG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8990 ft

China

do you need to keep your battery temperature within 20 degree and above ?
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2018-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now