Damaged X4S? limited Focus range?
1087 2 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Hello all. I need some feedback to come to the conlusion if something is wrong with my X4s camera..

Today I setup my I2 and X4s for one of my monthly shoots I have arranged. mounted the X4s and powered up like normal. Once I got the live feed from the camera up on my ipad, I could tell something was not right. I tapped on a close object ( 4-5 feet away ) and the red peeking did not highlight the object and the focal plane it was in, but everything far behind it was. I tried a couple more times, and even got a red AF box indeicationg it could not get "lock" I did forget to mention this is mid day, great lighting and the object was a large industiral generator. lots of contrasting edges that should not have given any issues. I then tried to do something I do not remember having an issue with is focusing on the heat sinks on the bottom side of the I2 ESCs, but no matter what, it seems like the focus plane is not moving. I even tried manual focus and it barley moves.

Out of fustration I put on the X5s with my Oly 12mm and worked with no issues.

Get home and run the same test with the same results, I even re-install the newest firmware again, still no change.
Below is a clip of me running some (basic) test.

Obciosuly I do not need to fucus at close distance, bottom line is it seems the focus motor or something has limited travel.
does anyone else have limited manual focus movement and not have the ability to focus on the ESC heatsinks? I remember being able to focus on that prior.

This was my first time using the X4s since the latest update and It has worked 100% prior.
Thank you.

2017-5-4
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI, got any word on this?
2017-5-5
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

No one with a X4S or DJI can give me any help?
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules