3242 91 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-5 12:36
lol You should see the video on the way there. Was sport all way. I just like peeking in on the mayors home.

whahahahahhhhh the mayors home --- ya killin me
2017-5-5
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-5 10:14
Also 2 compass on my P4 pro, no interference.

Must be the radiation from the motor wires then.
2017-5-5
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

The GO4 App for sure. Would just be cool if there was a Fixed Focus Button that could just be clicked a fixed distance focus or short cut  and be done with the auto focus or uising manual focus with a small screen and wondering if its really in focus but other than that I love the Mavic have over 40 Hours of flight time with it and haven't had major issues just little glitches with programing or update stuff
2017-5-5
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-5 10:08
Hall it's everything to do with the emf put off by the wiring to the rears. I used to get strange things happening while flying fast, why always stayed high and slow. But if shield the wiring like dji should have done, everything goes away on the compass end. It's constantly messing with the compass in its current design.

Software, not even gonna get into that. They should let you flash whatever firmware you want into the mavic though. Like if I ever wanted to get more batteries, they probably wouldn't be compatible with as far back as mine goes. Couldn't update them.

Something must have changed on later models as I have purposely pulled up the compass accuracy on screen and going full tilt 900 RPM+ in in sport mode and the compasses stayed rock stable.

Do you have an early version Mavic?
2017-5-5
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

Camera improvement as good as Phantom pro 4 please. More sensors as well
2017-5-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-5 13:54
Something must have changed on later models as I have purposely pulled up the compass accuracy on screen and going full tilt 900 RPM+ in in sport mode and the compasses stayed rock stable.

Late November build. When opened it up the wire was twisted too. I think what they did was a software hack to compensate in later firmware (imo), but that doesn't change the problem. The shielding works great, I can actually fly the thing any way want.
2017-5-5
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

The mavic using Occusync which as i'm led to believe is on the 2.4ghz band but the P4's TX and RX is 2.4 and 5.8ghz so that would explain why its more reliable in high noise enviroments, the likelyhood is that the P4 can adjust to compensate, while the mavic is stuck on 2.4ghz band.

Personally i think other than a better camera, more sensors and a better DJI go app, the mavic is awsome. The TX using hall sensors isnt a bad idea ... some of the latest TX's such as the taranis have got upgraded gimbals that use hall sensors too, it's only going to be a bad thing if your too close to magnetic interference, which i tend not to when i fly.

I have an early Mavic and i have learned that mine most likely has untwisted wires to the rear motors, so as soon as my warranty is up, i'll be twisting, or better still sheilding the rear motor wires, which will put my mind at ease.
2017-5-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-5-5 15:56
The mavic using Occusync which as i'm led to believe is on the 2.4ghz band but the P4's TX and RX is 2.4 and 5.8ghz so that would explain why its more reliable in high noise enviroments, the likelyhood is that the P4 can adjust to compensate, while the mavic is stuck on 2.4ghz band.

Personally i think other than a better camera, more sensors and a better DJI go app, the mavic is awsome. The TX using hall sensors isnt a bad idea ... some of the latest TX's such as the taranis have got upgraded gimbals that use hall sensors too, it's only going to be a bad thing if your too close to magnetic interference, which i tend not to when i fly.

Hi Danny,   The Mavic consists of 3 different signal modes:-
                 1) 20 MHz mode - having 63 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,410.5MHz to Channel
                     63 @ 2,472.5MHz, i.e. with 1MHz channel separation
                 2) 10MHz mode - having 73 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,405.5MHz to Channel
                     73 @ 2,477.5MHz, i.e. with 1MHz channel separation
                 3) 1.4MHz mode - having 38 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,403.5MHz to Chanel
                     38 @ 2,477.5MHz, i.e. with 2MHz channel separation

Duty cycles for the 3 different transmission modes are 85.15%, 84.16% & 10.4% for the
           20MHz mode, the 10MHz mode, and the 1.4MHz mode
anybody please correct me if I'm wrong
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-5-5 15:56

Think hallmark was talking about magnetic interference which is the compass. The transmission never had a issue with, it's always been compass related.
2017-5-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-5 16:58
Think hallmark was talking about magnetic interference which is the compass. The transmission never had a issue with, it's always been compass related.

hippoz,  There is also a warning that states "Strong Magnetic Interference fly with caution"
             This is what I believe he was talking about  
2017-5-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-5 17:07
hippoz,  There is also a warning that states "Strong Magnetic Interference fly with caution"
             This is what I believe he was talking about

Oh you mean that's transmission related? Oh well, I'm gonna go grab some dinner. Cya guys tomorrow, or tonight later lol This damn forum
2017-5-5
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

I fly with my Mini 4. My only wish is for a sunshade that actually works with the mini 4. I bought the DJI shade that works for the controller but is useless shading the Mini 4. Other than that I haven't had any issues.
2017-5-5
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i voted for all of the above,althought the air craft is very good i believe that the camera need a massive overhal and the 1080p 60fps need to be looked at,and as for the go app where do i start its terrible on a lot of mobile devices.
2017-5-6
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

firmwareis another issue on the mavic,when i had the phantom 3 ad i never had to downgrade the firmware but on the mave it seems like every firmware release has caused a problem or two and i have had to downgrade,i was on firmware 600 but because of the nfz issue i have gone back to a privious firmware that works.
2017-5-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-6 01:00
firmwareis another issue on the mavic,when i had the phantom 3 ad i never had to downgrade the firmware but on the mave it seems like every firmware release has caused a problem or two and i have had to downgrade,i was on firmware 600 but because of the nfz issue i have gone back to a privious firmware that works.

Same, only real gripe with the it. I have a working craft and the firmware is locked away. Man wish had saved snapshots of the vm and assistant back in december (worth a shot, might have worked).
2017-5-6
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-5 13:54

Hi Xman1 , I've read here and on other forms that it has something to do with the rear motor wires
                 where they come out of the arms and into the body, they are very close to and passes right
                 by the GPS board I also believe that one of the Mavic Compasses may be incorporated
                 into the GPS board .
What was causing this issue is when you go into Sports Mode and fly faster then normal and it becomes noticeable by giving you Error Warnings , what's happening is that the EMF from the motor leads increases proportionately to the Speed of the Mavic to the point it's so strong it causes what is called in the electronic field as "Inductive Coupling" causing interference with the GPS board .
                 Some I see elevated the problem by Twisting the motor leads out of the arms to the connection on the Maine Board --- I consider this method a quick fix, we fold the arm's, we transport and
sometimes we have a ruff flight and land hard , it can cause the wires to move and have the same issue allover again.
                  I would recommend if you are experiencing this problem and want to solve it yourself,
Do it the way "thehippoz" done it !!!! it is called SHIELDING it's the proper and really only way to reduce or eliminate EMF that is causing problems within an electronic circuit.
His Posts Title is : "TOOK MY MAVIC APART"
Hope this helped
                           FlySafe-FlyFree      
2017-5-6
Use props
fansbd6c4db5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 748435 ft
Malaysia

I don't like the design of the controller. First of all, you need to buy a bracket for lanyard. It should be 'built-in' in the first place. Secondly, when using the lanyard using the bracket, it blocks my view to the phone's display.
I'm also having trouble reaching the front wheel and the bottom button (C1 / C2) while holding the sticks at the same time.
2017-5-7
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Remote and App all work perfectly fine for me. The only thing the would probably need improvement is probably the camera and a less fragile gimbal.
Customer service should also be improved too imo.
2017-5-7
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-5-5 07:34
The latest release of DJI GO 4 on Android is unstable (crashes frequently).  My wish is for a stable DJI GO 4 app, with less focus on new features.

IMHO, the only way you're going to get a stable GO 4 is to have a stable (and dedicated) OS. I guess I'm putting all my eggs in the Crystalsky basket :-(
2017-5-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansbd6c4db5 Posted at 2017-5-7 22:49
I don't like the design of the controller. First of all, you need to buy a bracket for lanyard. It should be 'built-in' in the first place. Secondly, when using the lanyard using the bracket, it blocks my view to the phone's display.
I'm also having trouble reaching the front wheel and the bottom button (C1 / C2) while holding the sticks at the same time.

By any chance are you using both your thumbs and index fingers to move the sticks? Try using just your thumbs on the sticks and putting your middle fingers on the C1 and C2 buttons. That leaves your index fingers to rest on the Record and Shutter / Photo buttons or on the (camera and gimbal) dials.
2017-5-8
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-5 08:41
I have tested Mavic RC flying over power lines 20 feet above them , I get strong magnetic interference warning, I can fly over same power lines same height at the same time with my P4 pro, no interference warning, so something wrong there, so SkunkWerks may have opened a can of worms here.

Hall, the power lines are creating a noisy analog signal from the compass into the processor.  And, while this noise averages to zero,  the processor sampling rate could cause it to be interpreted as a slow oscillating directional change, thus throwing an error flag (and hopefully not an unstable AC).  I've even seen strong EMI cause errors in digital signals.

I suspect the difference in the Mavic and Phantom might be due to placement of the compass sensor, local shielding, circuit board layout or sampling rate. Electromagnetic noise doesn't have to enter at the sensor, It can just as easily enter through wiring leads ( and in my experience often does).
So I expect the difference is in design and is most likely serendipitious.

2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-8 05:34
Hall, the power lines are creating a noisy analog signal from the compass into the processor.  And, while this noise averages to zero,  the processor sampling rate could cause it to be interpreted as a slow oscillating directional change, thus throwing an error flag (and hopefully not an unstable AC).  I've even seen strong EMI cause errors in digital signals.

I suspect the difference in the Mavic and Phantom might be due to placement of the compass sensor, local shielding, circuit board layout or sampling rate. Electromagnetic noise doesn't have to enter at the sensor, It can just as easily enter through wiring leads ( and in my experience often does).

Thanks Griffith, I trust your judgement on this, it certainly sounds like you say, thanks for that.
2017-5-8
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-8 05:39
Thanks Griffith, I trust your judgement on this, it certainly sounds like you say, thanks for that.

Well... it sounded good to me :-).  I've been involved in electronic design in a past life and have spent many hours trying to mediate the effects of EMI.  It's an art, not a science!
2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-8 05:45
Well... it sounded good to me :-).  I've been involved in electronic design in a past life and have spent many hours trying to mediate the effects of EMI.  It's an art, not a science!

Good job..
2017-5-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Biggest issue with the Mavic is the Go4 app and how hot the gimbal gets!!
2017-5-8
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-8 05:45

Griffith , So you know there is no way of eliminating EMF that causes EMI --- the only thing we can do
             with EMF is to redirect it (change it's course) away from the circuit that it is affecting -- and
             Yes sensitive circuit design , board layout is configured with EMF as one of the major priorities
             of building a successful communication / Data circuit

2017-5-8
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-8 14:03
Griffith , So you know there is no way of eliminating EMF that causes EMI --- the only thing we can do
             with EMF is to redirect it (change it's course) away from the circuit that it is affecting -- and
             Yes sensitive circuit design , board layout is configured with EMF as one of the major priorities

Si, Amigo.  EMF (both internal and external) is a natural phenomena.  We can do things to reduce the amount of internal (or self-generated) EMF but have no control over the rest of our external environment. Most, but not all, of the time we can reduce the EMI effects in sensitive circuit areas or reduce internal EMF radiated. But the rest of the world is what it is.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans37904417
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113484 ft
United States

I like the Mavic but there are a number of things that bug me about it that i'd like to see fixed by either firmware fixes in the current version or by hardware in a Mavic 2

- Selectable ATTI mode: This is one of my biggest gripes and something I was aware of that the Mavic was lacking when I purchased it. There are smooth shots and ways of flying that are just a PITA to do with P-Mode on all the time. It's also a safety issue as there are times where I don't want an unintended switch from P-Mode to ATTI mode.

- Ability to reverse the direction of the gimbal tilt wheel. The current direction is un-intuitive to many flyers who feel that pushing forward equals tilt down. I would also like to see the the gimbal tilt wheel have a nub or something more tactile for more precise control.

- Ability to swap the video record and still shutter release buttons. Again for me it's un-intuitive to start/stop recording with my left hand.

- Change the location of the SD card slot so that it can be accessed without unfolding the arms on the aircraft.

- I would like to see a more robust gimbal assembly. The ribbon cable is extremely prone to breaking and very fragile.

- Make a way to lock the gimbal in place with the motors via the C1/C2 buttons. There would be less stabilization but in certain FPV situations this will allow more precise flying as you then get a true 1:1 sense of what the aircraft is doing and how it directly relates to your stick inputs.

-User selectable flight mode switch: Just like on regular RC remotes so you can tailor settings for different flying styles/situations

- Ability to bind a different style remote to the aircraft like the one on the Phantom or Inspires. The small remote is great for many situations where it's small portable design are an advantage but there are times i'd like to have a more ergonomic remote with better stick gimbals. The current mavic remote is well built but there is a level of precision that's not quite there with the current short little sticks and gimbal mechanism.

2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-6 14:36
Hi Xman1 , I've read here and on other forms that it has something to do with the rear motor wires
                 where they come out of the arms and into the body, they are very close to and passes right
                 by the GPS board I also believe that one of the Mavic Compasses may be incorporated

I hear ya.  I have never crashed my Mavic so that may be why mine is still OK.
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-5 15:19
Late November build. When opened it up the wire was twisted too. I think what they did was a software hack to compensate in later firmware (imo), but that doesn't change the problem. The shielding works great, I can actually fly the thing any way want.

I should record mine.  I leave it full forward in a climb without a single issue on GPS or compass cal.  Now I will get an overcurrent error on the battery if I leave it like that too long.
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:01
I should record mine.  I leave it full forward in a climb without a single issue on GPS or compass cal.  Now I will get an overcurrent error on the battery if I leave it like that too long.

Now I will get an overcurrent error

This happens with other batteries too ???
2017-5-9
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:01

Yeah mine doesn't show any errors either, probably because of the older firmware, but after a minute full out sport I'd get a tbe where it started flying in circles right when you stopped to hover usually. It wouldn't switch to atti. Seen that one guy who does all the crazy videos to his mavic and he flew sport for a few miles one way on newer firmware. Guess the switch to working compass works as a fix, but the emf is still there.

That's what hallmark was saying, he owns a p4p and can fly it in areas the mavic has problems with. From testing I've done, it's a perfect bird now.
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-9 09:20
Yeah mine doesn't show any errors either, probably because of the older firmware, but after a minute full out sport I'd get a tbe where it started flying in circles right when you stopped to hover usually. It wouldn't switch to atti. Seen that one guy who does all the crazy videos to his mavic and he flew sport for a few miles one way on newer firmware. Guess the switch to working compass works as a fix, but the emf is still there.

That's what hallmark was saying, he owns a p4p and can fly it in areas the mavic has problems with. From testing I've done, it's a perfect bird now.

Note I was saying I have flown on sport mode (Having my dog chase it - works better than throwing the ball!) for quite some time with the compass screen on and the compass stayed around 50 or less for both of them.
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 09:04
Now I will get an overcurrent error

This happens with other batteries too ???

All batteries do it.  Note that you need to be at over 900 RPM constant, or 1000 and leave it that way for some time.
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:18
All batteries do it.  Note that you need to be at over 900 RPM constant, or 1000 and leave it that way for some time.

Xman1, Thanks , the RPM info is good to know
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 12:31
Xman1, Thanks , the RPM info is good to know

Easy to do.  Full climb with full forward stick.  You will eventually get a warning for overcurrent.  Back off at that point for obvious reasons.
2017-5-9
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

kaeyalin Posted at 2017-5-5 08:16
Given the options, I voted for the Go 4 app, without question.

But, what I would really like for DJI to improve are

I second quality control and customer service
2017-5-10
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

I'd like to a see a small built in strobe light; one that is very bright, and can be turned on and off at will. Now and then, when the bird is in line of sight, but very hard to locate out there, to turn on and off the strobe would make it very visible. That can be very helpful at times....
2017-5-11
Use props
Julien Gardner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94026 ft
Canada

I would vote for firmware... Sometimes it just bugs...
2017-5-11
Use props
Teodoro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462648 ft
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-5 08:41
I have tested Mavic RC flying over power lines 20 feet above them , I get strong magnetic interference warning, I can fly over same power lines same height at the same time with my P4 pro, no interference warning, so something wrong there, so SkunkWerks may have opened a can of worms here.

This happened to me when i'm flying my Mavc near a sub power station. I get very strong magnetic interference and lot control. The Mavic jus speed at max and start going crazyng, after  a few minutes it ends crashing on a wall at full speed.
I live in Brasil and here we are not covered by DJI Warranty sou i have disassembly it by my selfie and i found that the Gimbal Flat Cable is broken. I had purchase a new from china (U$13)  and after 2 months waiting for the cable i coud make the repair and now everything is ok.
Question? If the Mavic has a ATTI user selectable mode maybe coud i have put it in ATTI mode and regain the controler?
The Phanton series can fly in ATTI mode over power stations?

Thx and sorry for my bad english, i'm from Brasil and i LOVE Mavic, but these magnetic interference is frustating...
2017-5-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules