A3 F ports
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Are all 8 multifuncion ports (eg F1 - F8) of the Matrice M600 PRO A3 controller enabled?The ports seems to be signal /+ / -.  Do they provide + and - power? If yes, what's the voltage?
Is the PWM signal a standard one or is it DJI proprietary?
Can I attach a third-party PWM on/off switch to the F ports and trigger it via the DJI GO app?

Is there a way to connect a BEC to the A3 of the M600PRO?

Any help is appreciated
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In order to fully use the F-Ports, you would need to acquire the Channel Expansion kit for the M600 RC:

http://store.dji.com/product/mat ... ion-kit#/?_k=vr5tzj

Dealers should have this in stock as well.
2017-5-5
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

The F ports do not carry power to drive the items you attach. You connect signal and minus from your item to the F port. Plus and minus power to drive the item, you have to take from somewhere else. There is a 18V outlet on the underside of the matrice. Here you could attach a BEC if you need another voltage level. As Jamie says you need the Channel Expansion kit to control the F ports. I would say the F port output is a standard PWM signal. I have a standard servo attached and it works fine. The endpoints of the signal can be adjusted in the Assistant program. All this is written with reference to a M600 but I would imagine it is the same for the M600Pro.
2017-5-5
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

nil Posted at 2017-5-5 23:43
The F ports do not carry power to drive the items you attach. You connect signal and minus from your item to the F port. Plus and minus power to drive the item, you have to take from somewhere else. There is a 18V outlet on the underside of the matrice. Here you could attach a BEC if you need another voltage level. As Jamie says you need the Channel Expansion kit to control the F ports. I would say the F port output is a standard PWM signal. I have a standard servo attached and it works fine. The endpoints of the signal can be adjusted in the Assistant program. All this is written with reference to a M600 but I would imagine it is the same for the M600Pro.

I need this combination to trigger a third- party pwm switch. So what you say that I could connect the signal and minus of this pwm switch to the F port, also at the same time the plus and minus of this pwm switch to a 5V battery, map this F port to Shutter and trigger the pwm switch with the shutter button of my LB2?   
2017-5-6
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

fansceff17c6 Posted at 2017-5-6 09:21
I need this combination to trigger a third- party pwm switch. So what you say that I could connect the signal and minus of this pwm switch to the F port, also at the same time the plus and minus of this pwm switch to a 5V battery, map this F port to Shutter and trigger the pwm switch with the shutter button of my LB2?

I am not sure if the shutter botton will trigger the switch,  I don't think it will.  But the Channel expansion kit will.
2017-5-6
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

Well for mapping I need the app to trigger the shutter. No use if I have to do it manually with the expansion kit
2017-5-7
Use props
josephtrovato
lvl.1
United States

nil Posted at 2017-5-5 23:43

This is what I am experiencing as well. There is no V+ coming out of the F Ports. My questions is regarding different voltage levels. I noticed that the signal out of the A3 is at 3.3V but what happens when youa re trying to use this on a device that is powered external by another voltage, 6V to be exact? Will the servo work with different voltages on signal and Vdd?
2017-6-2
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

So what about the use of a standard camera PWM trigger from the F-Ports when using A3/LB2 on S900 and aftermarket camera when using the DJI GSP app for mapping? Do I still need this expansion kit?

2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DroneMapperGuy Posted at 2017-6-2 20:07
So what about the use of a standard camera PWM trigger from the F-Ports when using A3/LB2 on S900 and aftermarket camera when using the DJI GSP app for mapping? Do I still need this expansion kit?

Yes you would if it doesn't have it's own receiver/controller unit.
2017-6-2
Use props
joemcg
lvl.1

I wanted to follow up on this. It seems 'shutter' is available in DJI Assistant 2 when configuring ports F1-F8 on the A3 Pro. Does this thread so far imply that one needs to purchase the RC expansion pack in order to use the shutter functionality??
2019-9-10
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

joemcg Posted at 9-10 13:48
I wanted to follow up on this. It seems 'shutter' is available in DJI Assistant 2 when configuring ports F1-F8 on the A3 Pro. Does this thread so far imply that one needs to purchase the RC expansion pack in order to use the shutter functionality??

No, you can use a PWM switch/relay to trigger your camera
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules