Battery Hibernation Mode
17397 11 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ammo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328333 ft
United States

Does anyone know how to wake up a Mavic battery that went into deep sleep or hibernation mode?  I have no lights when the button is pushed nor will the charger wake it up.  I had just over 60% charge on all three of my batteries since the last time i flew about one and a half months ago.  The other two batteries are fine.  

2017-5-5
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

I had a problem with this It took a while for the light to come on when it is very low . did you leave it on charge for longer than 5 mins to see if it comes on
2017-5-5
Use props
Ammo1
lvl.2
United States

I have, for over an hour.  Still nothing.  I had this happen to my Phantom 3 Pro's controller sometime back by charging and it has worked fine since.  I just can't get this Mavic battery  to do anything.
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it's in hibernation mode. In hibernation mode the light stays on and you have to leave it alone for 5 minutes then it will go out then you charge it. If you see no LED then the battery may be the problem.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2017-5-5
Use props
Ammo1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-5 14:45
I don't think it's in hibernation mode. In hibernation mode the light stays on and you have to leave it alone for 5 minutes then it will go out then you charge it. If you see no LED then the battery may be the problem.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170117/Mavic+Pro+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf

Maybe there is no hope,  I find it strange that the battery died during storage when it was properly brought down to a storage charge like the other two batteries that I have.  Besides the Mavic I also have a P3P for around a year and a half now.  I have never had an issue with its flight batteries and store them the same way as my Mavic batteries.  The P3P controller battery did shut down to the point that the lights would not come on.  It appeared dead but after trying the charger and after a few minutes the charging lights popped on like I turned on a switch.  Its been fine since.  I was hoping this Mavic battery would come back to life since the smart part of the battery should never let the battery charge level deplete the battery down to a damaging level.  I'm hoping for the best but may need a new battery.  Thanks for the replies.  
2017-5-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kiss it on the lips and VOILA!
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ammo1 Posted at 2017-5-5 15:25
Maybe there is no hope,  I find it strange that the battery died during storage when it was properly brought down to a storage charge like the other two batteries that I have.  Besides the Mavic I also have a P3P for around a year and a half now.  I have never had an issue with its flight batteries and store them the same way as my Mavic batteries.  The P3P controller battery did shut down to the point that the lights would not come on.  It appeared dead but after trying the charger and after a few minutes the charging lights popped on like I turned on a switch.  Its been fine since.  I was hoping this Mavic battery would come back to life since the smart part of the battery should never let the battery charge level deplete the battery down to a damaging level.  I'm hoping for the best but may need a new battery.  Thanks for the replies.

Understood, here's the link if you want to start an RMA for the battery.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-5-6
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Ammo1 Posted at 2017-5-5 15:25

Unlike other similar Li-ion batteries, DJI batteries are self discharged really fast.
Li-ion batteries have cell's voltage threshold. If it goes below that threshold, we can't charge battery anymore.
2017-5-6
Use props
fans89b9a8b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257546 ft
Serbia

Try manually charging the batteries, somehow try skipping that chip in there via wires however, it might require to take it apart :/
2018-2-27
Use props
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45217 ft
Canada

Hi, I bought a new Mavic Pro platinum battery and when I got it and try to charge it.  The Mavic Pro battery LED 1 green blinks 16 times and doesn’t charge.  It must have been over depleted when sold to me sitting on the shelf, how do I fix it?
2020-6-30
Use props
fans75fef922
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98668 ft

Bulgaria

fans89b9a8b9 Posted at 2018-2-27 09:35
Try manually charging the batteries, somehow try skipping that chip in there via wires however, it might require to take it apart :/

do you try this ? thank you for answers
2022-11-21
Use props
BruceJ
lvl.1

United States

fans75fef922 Posted at 11-21 03:24
do you try this ? thank you for answers

Is their a place that I can send my Batteries that can get them to charge? I have no idea how to bypass the DJI circuit and take the batteries apart. I am located in Oklahoma USA?
2022-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules