Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Looking for a part
2285 16 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Landing gear yoke. Inspire 1 Pro (V2.0)
Anyone have one to sell?

yoke2.jpg
2017-5-5
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

How did you manage that?
2017-5-5
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This was a second Inspire that I had just gotten (used) and was test flying it. The go app kept crashing and video link freezing so I had no FPV. Lost sight of it because sun was in my eyes, then 12 feet up, nicked a branch. Down she fell into some soft grass. Landed on the arm which bent this part. No other damage besides broken props. Landing gear still raises and lowers, but binds up when getting to landing mode. I am breaking it down now to see if anything else was damaged. As easy as this part was to bend, I may just be able to bend it back. Will see.........
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-5 15:25
This was a second Inspire that I had just gotten (used) and was test flying it. The go app kept crashing and video link freezing so I had no FPV. Lost sight of it because sun was in my eyes, then 12 feet up, nicked a branch. Down she fell into some soft grass. Landed on the arm which bent this part. No other damage besides broken props. Landing gear still raises and lowers, but binds up when getting to landing mode. I am breaking it down now to see if anything else was damaged. As easy as this part was to bend, I may just be able to bend it back. Will see.........

If the unit still has some warranty left from the previous owner and you think that it could potentially be covered, sending in for service would be a good course of action. If it doesn't have any warranty left, perhaps a dealer might be able to help out with parts.
2017-5-5
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, Jamie.
No warranty, so I'm going to give it a try. I am very mechanically inclined.
Just hope I can get hold of the part.
Very labor intensive repair, but I work cheaper than anyone I know......
2017-5-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-5 17:59
Thanks, Jamie.
No warranty, so I'm going to give it a try. I am very mechanically inclined.
Just hope I can get hold of the part.

The worm gear drive parts were on eBay,  I think they were removed from a new Inspire 1 for parts.  I am sure you have already thought of this but just trying to help
Link
Rich
2017-5-5
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I see that whole assembly.
Wow...$175.00!!
All I need is this one part...

Fortunately, nothing else was damaged. Even the worm gear is still straight.
z1.jpg
z3.jpg
2017-5-5
Use props
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

I do have one if you need it
oops no i dont sorry, I have a box of parts for a Inspire 1 and this is the yoke your talking about and i dont know why it differs from yours this one must be from the first version.

YOKE.JPG
2017-5-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-5 22:17
I see that whole assembly.
Wow...$175.00!!
All I need is this one part...

Aero
I understand, I did not see small parts offered anywhere. Is the white piece that is inside the aluminum made of plastic?  I was wondering if you could machine a new part from brass to thread inside the aluminum housing?

Rich
2017-5-9
Use props
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:08
Aero
I understand, I did not see small parts offered anywhere. Is the white piece that is inside the aluminum made of plastic?  I was wondering if you could machine a new part from brass to thread inside the aluminum housing?

the plastic is heated then screwed in to the metal
2017-5-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Inspire flyer Posted at 2017-5-9 09:31
the plastic is heated then screwed in to the metal

In case you cant find the part and you know a machinist... This could be made from brass (dissimilar metals for the worm gear) The brass part could thread into the base piece with Loctite ...

Hope you can figure this one out.  I wish DJI would sell us parts such as this one.

Rich
2017-5-9
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Inspire flyer Posted at 2017-5-9 08:44
oops no i dont sorry, I have a box of parts for a Inspire 1 and this is the yoke your talking about and i dont know why it differs from yours this one must be from the first version.

Hmmm. close, but not close enough.

I may have one coming from a guy on ebay. He is selling the whole assemblies obviously salvaged from wrecked birds. I asked him if he had a part from one that didn't work and he said he did. But he is very slow to respond to emais..... I get to do what I do so often..... w a I t  !!!
Here are the two versions side by side which show the difference.

T600 <> T601

T600 <> T601
2017-5-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-9 18:57
Hmmm. close, but not close enough.

I may have one coming from a guy on ebay. He is selling the whole assemblies obviously salvaged from wrecked birds. I asked him if he had a part from one that didn't work and he said he did. But he is very slow to respond to emais..... I get to do what I do so often..... w a I t  !!!

Yes, I remember the difference between my V1 and V2....  I hope you get lucky with this guy on eBay.. that would be awesome

Rich
2017-5-9
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

I bought the same list motor from that guy and he sells good parts.  From my understanding they are all the same, for the most part, and will function just fine.

They change how the metal parts connects to the screw.  Personal i would go with the V1.  I saw a few inspires with the V2 and this same thing as yours.  I think the new design put to much stress on it and bends it.
2017-5-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-9 19:59
Yes, I remember the difference between my V1 and V2....  I hope you get lucky with this guy on eBay.. that would be awesome

Rich

He got back to me this morning. I paid him and he has shipped the part.
Yeah!!

$40 versus $175. Works for me.
2017-5-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-10 14:07
He got back to me this morning. I paid him and he has shipped the part.
Yeah!!

Wow that's great news... Good job

Rich
2017-5-10
Use props
rufffus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18527 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Inspire flyer Posted at 2017-5-9 08:44

Hello! I'm looking for the plastic part only (no matter which version of the metal collar, just the plastic one). Do you have it available?

2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules