DJI Go App Crashing (S7 Edge, Android N)
3306 12 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_Kento
New
United States

Hello. I just picked up a DJI Osmo Mobile, and whenever I open the app, it crashes. It crashes either when I hit the view videos button, try to track something, and worst of all, just move the gimbal.
I've searched the web, and nothing has seemed to help, and I am thinking of returning the Osmo. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
2017-5-6
Use props
fans6fa772ed
New

United States

Exact same problem on a Samsung S6. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling,rebooted phone, still crashes within 30 seconds of opening. Cannot even watch tutorials.
2017-5-6
Use props
Dgboss
New
Belgium

Exact same problem here. Tried everything on my s7 and always the same problem...

I tried
- uninstall/reinstall multiple times
- factory reset the phone
- multiple roms
- tweaking with minimum size screen & other development features
- Deactivating native stuff from samsung (multi screen, shortcuts bar, ...)- changing unsuccessfully the folder
- Emptying cache
- with and without root

Nothing seems to be working...

I tought it was linked to my osmo mobile but I just tried uninstalling the app and after reinstalling it, I didn't even connected the osmo.
I just wondered in the app and after like a minute, it crashes.

I spent all day trying unsuccessfully...

Could somebody help ?
2017-5-6
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

Same here with Samsung Galaxy S8. I'm currently using version 3.1.4 and it doesn't crash.
Anyway I'm disappointed with DJI software development team. Thousands S8 devices were sold already and still many many limitations on it (4k recording not available and many other issues).
Also I'm desperately hope that AF/AE lock will be possible in the motion timelapses avoiding refocus on every shot, as well as 4k motion timelapses.

DJI team, please improve your after sale support as many customers are disappointed about DJI go application. It doesn't make any sense to drive a Ferrari with Fiat citycar Tires...
2017-5-7
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Italy

For your information, I've contacted DJI support and they suggested me to refer to this procedure:

1) Kindly go to settings
2) Then go to developers setting
3) And do enable developers setting by turning the switch on top of the page.
4) select Usb Debugging.
Note: If developer option is not available then Tap 7 times on the build version button to unlock developer options

As per DJI this procedure should allow DJI Go 3.1.5 version to work without crashes.
I'll try it later today on my smartphone...
2017-5-9
Use props
Dgboss
New
Belgium

Thanks, I found the version 3.1.4 and it works.

I am personally always in usb debug mode.

Doesn't work.
2017-5-10
Use props
_Kento
New
United States

Alright everyone! SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY!!!!! I HAVE A FIX. AND ITS AMAZING. This fix was directly from DJI Support on Twitter.

1) Go to http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
2) Click "GET IT ON Google Play"
3) It will start the download of the app straight from DJI (The most updated version!)
4) Click the download
5) It will ask you about running third party apps, just follow the instructions
6) You're now all good!

I'm not sure why they don't have this more documented online, but it worked wonders for me! (I haven't crashed yet!)
I was seriously about to drive over to BestBuy to return it, but they got back JUST in time! I'd recommend trying this first. Reply if it works for you!! Again, sorry for the late response!
2017-5-10
Use props
_Kento
New
United States

Dgboss Posted at 2017-5-6 12:53
Exact same problem here. Tried everything on my s7 and always the same problem...

I tried

I'm not sure if DJI Forums notify people about other replies, so I wanted to tell you I found an easy fix!
2017-5-10
Use props
_Kento
New
United States

fans6fa772ed Posted at 2017-5-6 10:26
Exact same problem on a Samsung S6. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling,rebooted phone, still crashes within 30 seconds of opening. Cannot even watch tutorials.

I'm not sure if DJI Forums notify people about other replies, so I wanted to tell you I found an easy fix!
2017-5-10
Use props
_Kento
New
United States

Dgboss Posted at 2017-5-10 00:00
Thanks, I found the version 3.1.4 and it works.

I am personally always in usb debug mode.

2017-5-10
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Italy

Brilliant, 3 hours without any crash. It looks it works now for me as well, thank you!
2017-5-11
Use props
_Kento
New
United States

fans70bb507a Posted at 2017-5-11 07:35
Brilliant, 3 hours without any crash. It looks it works now for me as well, thank you!

No problem! Glad I could help!
2017-5-11
Use props
cdjocp33
lvl.2
United States

I just got the osmo mobile, im at work and have been reading forums is there anything i need to do so that it will not crash and i can get the best experience. Thanks in advance
I have the Galaxy S8 plus
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules