100th flight and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2351 33 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

as title guys tonight 100th flight and................beat all my previouus bests. got out to 12210 ft and clocked nearly 35000ft on the remaining battery to land at 25% and done over 200 miles with this bird........i am one happy P4 bunny

P.S I'M ENGLISH AND LIVE IN SAID PLACE NOT USA AS DJI KEEP ON POSTING
2017-5-6
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Hey man that's great!! Keep on having fun.
2017-5-6
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks pal
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's good to hear you're enjoying your unit. Just to clarify, are you saying that you're not in the US, but the Forum is reading your IP as somewhere else?
2017-5-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha J,

Congratulations!  BTW, is your P4 activated with DJI?  Your identifier and homepage do not indicate any DJI product or mileage.  This is strange.  You might want to get that fixed so we can celebrate with you more often.

Activation enables the warranty and helps flesh out your account.  The flight log updates connect your flights with the DJI servers and allows your mileage to be placed in your Forum identifier.

I know I had problems activating my P4 but I worked with DJI and got that matter resolved before I ever flew it.  You may be past warranty by now anyway, but at least we could keep track of your accomplishments.  Right now, your status is the same as a non-DJI product Forum member.  With your accomplishments, I would think you would want to get it documented.  

As long as your flight logs have not been deleted, you should be able to sync them with the DJI servers through the DJI GO 4 app.  That may solve your problem.  With your mileage, that might take some time!  But it would be worth it.

BTW, my mileage is shot because I did not learn what I just wrote until I blew much of my data!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-6
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sorry i bought it secondhand it was a month old so i presumed i had no warrenty...but thanks for the reply ...P.S i always sync with DJI after each flight or i presume i do as i tap the cloud in the right hand side and wait for it to upload then i update it to healthy drones
2017-5-6
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-6 12:21
It's good to hear you're enjoying your unit. Just to clarify, are you saying that you're not in the US, but the Forum is reading your IP as somewhere else?

Thanks and yes i live in the UK
2017-5-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jcostello Posted at 2017-5-6 13:12
Sorry i bought it secondhand it was a month old so i presumed i had no warrenty...but thanks for the reply ...P.S i always sync with DJI after each flight or i presume i do as i tap the cloud in the right hand side and wait for it to upload then i update it to healthy drones

Aloha J,

Check with Jamie to see if he can help you get your account straightened out.  Direct him to my post and ask if he can help straighten out what I mentioned.  Your bird list should not be determined on whether you bought it new or not.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-6
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

HI JAMIE CAN YOU HELP
2017-5-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cheers...and more miles  to come...
2017-5-7
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks pal
2017-5-7
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

So you are here to say you have got away with it so far.
2017-5-8
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Got away with what
2017-5-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

12000' is hardly VLOS. If you are doing this legally in the UK I would like to know how.

It irritates me when people brag about illegal flights as that is what is going to cause the majority to lose the privilege of flying.

• Keep your drone within your line of sight and at a maximum height of 400ft (122m)
  • Make sure your drone is within 500m from you horizontally
  • Always fly your drone well away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields
  • If fitted with a camera, a drone must be flown at last 50m away from a person, vehicle, building or structure not owned or controlled by the pilot.
  • Camera-equipped drones must not be flown within 150m of a congested area or large group of people, such as a sporting event or concert
2017-5-9
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-5-9 03:07
12000' is hardly VLOS. If you are doing this legally in the UK I would like to know how.

It irritates me when people brag about illegal flights as that is what is going to cause the majority to lose the privilege of flying.

Cabansad,

Leave the OP alone. He isn't even in your country, let alone will he be the reason the laws are screwed up for everyone. The media are the ones to blame for the rules - and the fact that human beings are afraid of what they don't understand. This is a new frontier and fighting for our rights is something that we have to do. If ANYTHING guys like him prove you CAN have a safe long distance flight with these types of technology. He knows the risks, and while you and I weren't there for his flight - for all you know he flew over a forest in the middle of nowhere.. Let it be - don't be the drone police..
2017-5-9
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

500m out and 400ft up is hardly VLOS either.
2017-5-9
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-9 05:06

I wouldn't say that.  I have good eyesight and can see my drone 500m out and 400ft up. Damned it flying into a headwind I can also hear my drone as well. At 6:24 in this video you can even see where I am standing on the running track.   

2017-5-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-9 05:06

It has to be within those distances and VLOS, but I am sure you know that.
2017-5-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-9 04:09
Cabansad,

Leave the OP alone. He isn't even in your country, let alone will he be the reason the laws are screwed up for everyone. The media are the ones to blame for the rules - and the fact that human beings are afraid of what they don't understand. This is a new frontier and fighting for our rights is something that we have to do. If ANYTHING guys like him prove you CAN have a safe long distance flight with these types of technology. He knows the risks, and while you and I weren't there for his flight - for all you know he flew over a forest in the middle of nowhere.. Let it be - don't be the drone police..

Illegal flights is what gives the media fuel and also shows that we cannot be trusted to fly within the limits set. It is irresponsible and selfish.

If you don't like the rules then lobby to have them changed rather than just ignoring them.
2017-5-9
Use props
fansabc56f18
New

United States

Is anybody on here right now that can help me with the antenna upgrade and what is the best tablet to use that has a refresh rate better than what I already have?
2017-5-9
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Every foot off my flight was over forest and green belt land and not one property was flown over and not one road or person flown over....peeps like you pi$$ me right off sitting in your high chair critisizing others for doing what they dont have the ba!!s to do............P.S i really went for it today i did 33 in a 30 zone.NOW that makes me a real bad guy...............get back to me if you can honestly say you NEVER EVER break a rule...if ya can say you never have in MY opinion you must be one hell of boring on line troll.......have a great day

P.S I'M ENGLISH AND LIVE IN SAID PLACE NOT USA AS DJI KEEP ON POSTING

2017-5-10
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Jcostello Posted at 2017-5-10 07:00
Every foot off my flight was over forest and green belt land and not one property was flown over and not one road or person flown over....peeps like you pi$$ me right off sitting in your high chair critisizing others for doing what they dont have the ba!!s to do............P.S i really went for it today i did 33 in a 30 zone.NOW that makes me a real bad guy...............get back to me if you can honestly say you NEVER EVER break a rule...if ya can say you never have in MY opinion you must be one hell of boring on line troll.......have a great day

Sure I have bent rules and at some times broken them too. I am sure we all have. Have had a few fines for  driving too fast over the years.  They were all few a few km/h over the limit but only a bit. I have not gone many times over the limit and then gone and bragged about it so that does not compare to what you are doing.

We have a speed limit on our road which is 40km/h outside a school during set hours in the morning and afternoon. The problem is that no children use that section of road. They are picked up at another entrance away from that road, so there is no real need for that speed limit to be there. I know that but I make sure I do the set speed rather than just ignore it. I have also raised it with my MP to have it changed.

You are on here boasting that you have exceeded the laws for distance by over ten times the set limit.  This is a public forum and there are people who want to take us out of the sky who can actually use the internet and read.

It is probably better that you do comply with the laws, or at best just bend them slightly. What is not a good idea is to completely smash them and then draw attention to it. That is just silly and immature.
2017-5-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-5-10
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Jcostello Posted at 2017-5-10 14:23
your boasting that youve numerouse fines for exceeded the speed limit but not outside schools..............................in youre country do children only cross the road outside shools ????????????????????? if not by youre own words you could be a potential child killer and your boasting about it..in thirty years of driving ive NEVER had a speeding ticket not like you.........potential CHILD killer....keep your speed to the limit at ALL times before you castigate others your nothing but a troll go away any think about the kiddies you could KILL as your getting your SPEEDING tickets my flight was over a planned route were no dangers to humans was present . Unlike you by youre own admission you have been fined on several occassions for putting members of the puplic in danger of losing there lifes...............moron

It is many years since I have had a fine and I was not boasting about it, but rather answering your question from above. I also used to be in a job where I would drive a lot over vast distances.

You do seem to be reacting in a very irrational manner and quickly reverting to personal abuse. These are not the character traits of someone who makes good risk assessments.

I will refrain from returning personal abuse as it is pointless.
2017-5-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

weve only got youre word for that but at the end of the day i never put anyones life at risk........................but you have on several occasions not once but numerous occasions by your own addmission...theres an old saying ...people in glass houses should not throw stones ...go troll on someone else potential child killer by your own admission..... the statement i dont speed outside schools says it all..... i fly over forest and you have a go at me ...on the other hand YOU race round streets and have the gaul to criticize me ..... let the peeps on here decide whos the danger to our kids and the public in general.....how many children have been killed by drones and how many children have been KILLED by reoffending speeders like yourself...............the dates are inconsequencial you did it many times knowing the consequences but still carried on doing it....thank yourself lucky stars your not in prison for yoUr lack of respect FOR THE LAW by not following the SAFE speed limits guidelines

IN FACT LETS HAVE A POLL WHOS THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE PUBLIC... DRONE PILOTS FLYING AGAINST THE LAW FLYING OUT OF SIGHT OVER WOODLAND..................OR SPEEDING DRIVERS WITH NUMEROUS CONVITIONS FOR SPEEDING IN AREAS AWAY FROM SCHOOLS LIKE YOURSELF......I KNOW WHO I WOULD VOTE FOR
2017-5-10
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Jcostello Posted at 2017-5-10 15:11
weve only got youre word for that but at the end of the day i never put anyones life at risk........................but you have on several occasions not once but numerous occasions by your own addmission...theres an old saying ...people in glass houses should not throw stones ...go troll on someone else potential child killer by your own admission..... the statement i dont speed outside schools says it all..... i fly over forest and you have a go at me ...on the other hand YOU race round streets and have the gaul to criticize me ..... let the peeps on here decide whos the danger to our kids and the public in general.....how many children have been killed by drones and how many children have been KILLED by reoffending speeders like yourself...............the dates are inconsequencial you did it many times knowing the consequences but still carried on doing it....thank yourself lucky stars your not in prison for yoUr lack of respect FOR THE LAW by not following the SAFE speed limits guidelines

IN FACT LETS HAVE A POLL WHOS THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE PUBLIC... DRONE PILOTS FLYING AGAINST THE LAW FLYING OUT OF SIGHT OVER WOODLAND..................OR SPEEDING DRIVERS WITH NUMEROUS CONVITIONS FOR SPEEDING IN AREAS AWAY FROM SCHOOLS LIKE YOURSELF......I KNOW WHO I WOULD VOTE FOR

You really are quite unhinged.

You asked and I responded. Yes I did get about three fines many years ago for exceeding the speed limit by less than 15km/h.  The point about the school zone has been missed by you. I put it there as an illustration. I abide by it even though there is no real reason for it to be there. I actually used to like driving fast so instead of doing that on the road I instead did it on the track where it was legal and safer. Have also recently completed a Remote Pilot's Licence and on that we went through risk analysis  exercises and considerations. Remember when you decide to take risks it is potentially someone else who will pay the price. You just risk losing an aircraft.

I also only have your word that all these operations were made in the manner you state. You also seem to be acting very antagonisic toward anyone who even suggests that it may be a good idea to comply with the law. Sort of glad you are in another country but I am in no doubt that there are others here with your mindset.
2017-5-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

At the end of the day you were speeding in areas were you should NOT have.......ie YOU broke the LAW and put kids and adults lifes at risk ON MULTIPLE occasions END OFF i on the other hand have not EVER had a speeding offence in 30 plus years of driving ...so i consider YOU a danger to the public as you did not learn by the errors of your  ways the FIRST time you were CONVICTED of SPEEDING....try telling a mum after youve just run over and killed her kid that your sorry after you killed them from racing around speeding....what your saying IS you have only been caught 3 times.............. So by my book that makes you a danger to the public HOW many time have you got AWAY WITH IT...Its laughable your on my case about flying over woodland while YOUR racing around streets.....................by the way WHAT the hell has a Remote pilots licence for toy planes got to do with you being a danger on the road dos that enable you to be a better high speed driver in suberbia ????????????????????
2017-5-11
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Seriously????

You really have a thin skin. This is a forum on DJI Phantoms and we were discussing you breaking the laws as you seem to think they do not apply to you. The rest is just you trying to deflect from that.

What I am trying to say is that if you are going to undertake these illegal flights then maybe it would be best for the rest of us if you did so quietly. Getting online and bragging about these exploits is doing the rest of us a disservice. The manner in which you are arguing to justify this just highlights your immaturity.

I am out of here.
2017-5-11
Use props
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

That's great, keep it up!
2017-5-11
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-5-10 15:59
You really are quite unhinged.

You asked and I responded. Yes I did get about three fines many years ago for exceeding the speed limit by less than 15km/h.  The point about the school zone has been missed by you. I put it there as an illustration. I abide by it even though there is no real reason for it to be there. I actually used to like driving fast so instead of doing that on the road I instead did it on the track where it was legal and safer. Have also recently completed a Remote Pilot's Licence and on that we went through risk analysis  exercises and considerations. Remember when you decide to take risks it is potentially someone else who will pay the price. You just risk losing an aircraft.

Dude just chill out
2017-5-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who flung POO???
{:4_110:}
2017-5-11
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Well, I can't say I disagree with him. Does kinda look that way at first blush, and the OP isn't helping his case any.
2017-5-11
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jcostello Posted at 2017-5-10 07:00

Jcosello: My hero.
Enjoy yourself friend, did you make 1200ft with the stock antenna, I've only been able to go 8000ft over the long island sound. Would appreciate some pointers
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules