Mavic will not connect to RC
3800 36 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have been having problems with Connecting the aircraft to the RC ever since I received it and when it did I lost conection everytime during flight that was before I upgraded to the lastest firmware which I have done, The strange this is after I updated both the RC and the Mavic It connected after and seemed to be fine but as the weather was bad I didnt give it a test flight,

I have now Taken it out to fly and yet again it will not connect, I have just checked all firmware on both again and are both upto date,
I have also tried linking the RC to the aircraft and that wont work,

Should I downgrade firmware again or just send it back to DJI?

Because of this I havent bothered flying the Mavic as I have been using my P4 pro+ instead but now ive just about had enough of the Mavic,

I really hope someone can help me with this, Thanks in advance

2017-5-7
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Hello,

I just got my aircraft back from repair yesterday and had the EXACT same issue as you described.  The upgrade to the latest firmware  on the aircraft and controller went flawlessly through assistant 2.

I tried relinking several times with no effect.  To relink, I was pressing C1+C2 until the beep and then pressed capture and never got the linking message.  I then tried pressing C1+C2 and held them down through the beep and then pressed the capture button holding all 3 buttons at once.  The aircraft successfully linked and everything was fine from there.  I misunderstood the instructions and originally didn't press all 3 at once.  I hope this helps.
2017-5-7
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

EastyT Posted at 2017-5-7 08:26
Hello,

I just got my aircraft back from repair yesterday and had the EXACT same issue as you described.  The upgrade to the latest firmware  on the aircraft and controller went flawlessly through assistant 2.

Thanks for your help,
I have tried that also does not work,

The strangest thing is that after posting I refreshed the firmware on the drone unplugged it and tried to connect again....Guess what yes it connected so I took it out for a fly and had no problems, turned off the drone and RC and tried again a few more times just to make sure all seemed to be working fine....That was a couple of hours ago!

Just now decided to take it out for another go GUESS WHAT cannot and will not connect again I really do not understand this its like it forgets how to connect or something!

I have tried it several times and it just will not connect.....

so I am going to refresh the firmware again and see what happens but I suspect it do the same again as it always have connect for a short while then not at all

has anyone else had this problem and can someone from DJI shed some light on this?
2017-5-7
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-7 11:02
Thanks for your help,
I have tried that also does not work,

Also it seems to take forever for the drone to connect to DJI assistant 2 unlike the RC which connects strait  away...I am not sure if this has anything to do with it!!!!!

I try plugging it in and unplugging several times and even then I just wait like 5 mins or more and it decides to connect
2017-5-7
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So update,......I have just refreshed the firmware again and sure enough it connects strait away......does anyone know what is going on?
2017-5-7
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I woke up this morning and decided to try out  the drone and as I thought it will not connect again!!!

Please help DJI  
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-7 22:46
I woke up this morning and decided to try out  the drone and as I thought it will not connect again!!!

Please help DJI

I will help to report this to our engineers for review.
Could you please help me to confirm if your current firmware version is 1.03.0600?
2017-5-8
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 02:58
Could you please help me to confirm if your current firmware version is 1.03.0600?

Thank you Mindy for your response
Yes I can confirm it is on 1.03.0600 as is the RC
2017-5-8
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 02:58

2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-8 07:54

Thank you.
If we have any update, we will let you know. Appreciate your patience.
2017-5-8
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 22:51
Thank you.
If we have any update, we will let you know. Appreciate your patience.

Mindy I have had this problem ever since I received the drone and was hoping that a firmware update would fix it....well I have just updated again to version 0700 and nothing has changed!
This has now gone on long enough now either you can tell me how to fix it or you will have to replace it,
I have tried everything trying to solve this, upgrading, downgrading, upgrading, downgrading....and upgrading I seem to spend all my time trying to get this thing to connect to the RC rather than flying it..... I am done now with it...Can you please get this sorted for me

2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-10 10:26
Mindy I have had this problem ever since I received the drone and was hoping that a firmware update would fix it....well I have just updated again to version 0700 and nothing has changed!
This has now gone on long enough now either you can tell me how to fix it or you will have to replace it,
I have tried everything trying to solve this, upgrading, downgrading, upgrading, downgrading....and upgrading I seem to spend all my time trying to get this thing to connect to the RC rather than flying it..... I am done now with it...Can you please get this sorted for me

I have confirmed with our engineers.
They would like to review your flight data and RC data.
Please connect your aircraft then remote controller to DJI assistant and upload the data to google drive or dropbox.
It's probably the antenna issue. We will need the data for further diagnosis.Here is a video tutorial for your reference.

2017-5-10
Use props
Charis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79262 ft
Netherlands

Similar problems here. Everything was working correctly till .400.

Now on the latest FW (.700) (but also happened in .600). Latest iOS app. iPhone 7 plus. After connecting everything the mavic disconnects from the remote for about 1-2 seconds every ~3 minutes. The disconnection also happens when the mavic is on the ground. While flying it triggers RTH. I tried downgrading, calibrating the remote / IMU. No luck. I got in touch with the support of DJI. The guy told me to send it back.

Funny thing is that i even bought a second controller for a dual controller setup, but because of this i cannot fly safely now. Opened another ticket here http://forum.dji.com/thread-95593-1-1.html but no response.

2017-5-10
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy,
Here are the links below,  In desperation I also carried out a factory reset Yesterday hoping that would work but it didn't :-(
I hope I have not made things worse that what they already are!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z0iz2 ... 8i71yg940xdY2a?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4717 ... I2q1kshwcYWHya?dl=0
2017-5-11
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-10 18:52
Please connect your aircraft then remote controller to DJI assistant and upload the data to google drive or dropbox.

Thanks Mindy,
Here are the links below,  In desperation I also carried out a factory reset Yesterday hoping that would work but it didn't :-(

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z0iz2 ... 8i71yg940xdY2a?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4717 ... I2q1kshwcYWHya?dl=0
2017-5-11
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy
Any news?
2017-5-13
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-10 18:52

Hi Mindy
Any news?
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-11 05:32
Thanks Mindy,

Sorry for my late reply.
I have checked your data. The aircraft data are not correct.
Please link the aircraft to computer then run DJI assistant.
Here is the screenshot for your reference. flight data.png
2017-5-13
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-13 22:16
Sorry for my late reply.

Hi Mindy
Did you try my post just before?
2017-5-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-13 22:16
Sorry for my late reply.

Hi Mindy
Sorry about that please try these again!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mvok4 ... EOI19qXkW6DaQa?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uk5nh ... KuF64YcyhzMzla?dl=0
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-14 00:57
Hi Mindy
Sorry about that please try these again!

Yes, I have tried these.
The RC data is correct. The format of the flight data should be .dat.  For example, DJI_ASSISTANT-EXPORT-FILE-2017-**-**.DAT or FLY***.DAT.
2017-5-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-14 01:21
Yes, I have tried these.
The RC data is correct. The format of the flight data should be .dat.  For example, DJI_ASSISTANT-EXPORT-FILE-2017-**-**.DAT or FLY***.DAT.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean exactly is it the flight data you require in flight record as below as I have exported the data file already?

IMG_2179.jpg
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-14 02:28
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean exactly is it the flight data you require in flight record as below as I have exported the data file already?

Yes,these are correct. But I don't see them in your link.
2017-5-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-14 02:55

Ok sweet I will upload them now
2017-5-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-14 02:55

Its saying 33hrs left to upload file to dropbox as my internet connection is crap!
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-14 05:11
Its saying 33hrs left to upload file to dropbox as my internet connection is crap!

Thank you for your cooperation.
Will wait for your update.
2017-5-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-14 20:03
Thank you for your cooperation.
Will wait for your update.

Hi Mindy
Please find link for flight data as requested

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0teaw ... fTg4YHpH1vVb6a?dl=0
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-15 09:14
Hi Mindy
Please find link for flight data as requested

Thank you. I have forwarded the date to our engineers for review.
2017-5-16
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-16 02:45

Thank you for your help Mindy ;-)
2017-5-16
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-16 02:45

Hi Mindy,

I don't suppose there is any news yet?
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-19 02:37
Hi Mindy,

I don't suppose there is any news yet?

Sorry I still haven't got any update from our engineers yet. I'll push it now.
2017-5-19
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-19 02:43

Thank you
2017-5-19
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-19 02:43

Hi Mindy
Should I just start a RMA I have been trying to avoid this at all costs since I have had it as I was hoping a firmware fix would resolve it, but it has not,
I have only had a few short flights in my garden with it since I received it, as it looses connection and most  of the time it will not connect at all as I said before only after a firmware refresh or update will it connect but only for a short while, which I cannot work out and I have tried everything now and enough is enough,
I purchased this to fly it but it has just turned out to be a very expensive brick!
2017-5-21
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy
Should I just start a RMA I have been trying to avoid this at all costs since I have had it as I was hoping a firmware fix would resolve it, but it has not,
I have only had a few short flights in my garden with it since I received it, as it looses connection and most  of the time it will not connect at all as I said before only after a firmware refresh or update will it connect but only for a short while, which I cannot work out and I have tried everything now and enough is enough,
I purchased this to fly it but it has just turned out to be a very expensive brick!
2017-5-21
Use props
fans2257bf31
New

Hong Kong

Please return the repair
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-21 04:29
Hi Mindy

Sorry for my late reply.
I have confirmed with our engineers, it's probably a hardware issue.
We sincerely apologize for your time and appreciate your patience.
Please send it in and we will take care of it.
You could fill in an online repair request form here.You’ll get a case number automatically. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-5-21
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your help it is very much appreciated
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules