1285 8 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought p4pro in Feb.2017. Well taking care of, no hard landings, hand catch 90% of time. I have 3 phantoms, standard, pro and pro 4. Love all three of my phantoms. I fly p4pro alot over the other two phantoms. Phantom 4 pro has 120 flights. I believe in sport mode she is just way to fast, so I always fly in normal mode without sport. I have stress cracks. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to send her to dji. Reason, I know how she has been taking care of in her 120 flights and I don't want to get a different phantom. She has been perfect. My question is what should I do?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e6737vxjyf3nnmo/AADla9BR2WRXRbuAEYXa8T9Ea?dl=0
2017-5-7
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Strange place to have cracks!

I wouldn't worry about those, but maybe it indicates a bad batch of plastic and more cracks may appear in more important places in future.

Wait and see what happens...

There is always the option of replacing the shell yourself if you are attached to that particular aircraft.
2017-5-7
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your reply Nigel, Have you ever sent your plane in to DJI and received another plane. If so what was your experience? Thanks again Nigel. Also do know, how long one has on warranty for plastic cracks. Is 1 year correct.
2017-5-7
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Use professional grade cement glue...Better maintain it so the crack doesn't get bigger.
2017-5-7
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I would replace the whole case sooner or later it will have adverse vibrations!
2017-5-7
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Roger1167 Posted at 2017-5-7 10:36
Thanks for your reply Nigel, Have you ever sent your plane in to DJI and received another plane. If so what was your experience? Thanks again Nigel. Also do know, how long one has on warranty for plastic cracks. Is 1 year correct.

If you send it in then it is quite likely that you will get a refurbished one returned, not normally a problem but some people do like to keep their own aircraft.   The USA service seems to sometimes send alternative non-refurbished ones, sometimes with issues - not so good!

I think the warrantee on the shell depends on where you bought it, there is a list of warrantee periods for the various parts on the DJI website somewhere, Europe could claim 2 years anyway as long as they could prove a manufacturing fault rather than crash damage, but last time this came up the suggestion for the USA for the shell was zero months - ie reject it on delivery or live with it, I suspect reality is better than that.
2017-5-7
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am assuming that you catch with one hand. With the one handed catch you place a lot of stress on that single point with the entire weight of the aircraft. When I hand catch my P3P I notice that the leg I am holding to catch with bends a bit. I believe that over multiple catches cracks will appear due to that stress.
2017-5-7
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-5-7 14:24
I am assuming that you catch with one hand. With the one handed catch you place a lot of stress on that single point with the entire weight of the aircraft. When I hand catch my P3P I notice that the leg I am holding to catch with bends a bit. I believe that over multiple catches cracks will appear due to that stress.

You might have a point!  
2017-5-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I found one of the tiny cracks around the motor area where the LED lens goes in.. not something I am worried about as it is not an area that supports anything but the lens and the lens is very snug in there (I'm also never buying prop guards so....
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules