Visual Sensor Calibration Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DStevens
New
United States

Hi- New Mavic Pro owner here.
I got my Mavic Pro May 6th, 2017 and the first thing I did was update the firmware. That went fine.
I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to Windows 10 PC.

I spent half an hour trying the Visual Sensor Calibration. I watched the DJI tutorial video, and some videoes by Youtube Mavic Pro owners.

It all seems to go fine until the very end, then DJI Assistant 2 calculates the calibration... to tell me there was an error (no more information, just an error) and to do it again.

30 minutes of trying to do the calibration and I get the same error.

I see some messages about problems with the firmware, although some of those posts were a few months old.

I notice the blue boxes I'm supposed to follow with the camera move pretty fast. Is this just something I have to get the hang of?

2017-5-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am not sure why you attempted this calibration. It only needs to be done if the app indicates it. The only thing you needed to do was a compass calibration.
Unfortunately, you will have to keep trying until it is done properly now. The most important part is to move the Mavic exactly as required.
2017-5-7
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Two things:

1. Make sure there are no protective blue plastic stickers over any of the four VPS sensors - having one left on during packing seems to be common.

2. Try a different PC / Monitor if it keeps bombing out. I failed to get my P4 calibrating at home, brought it into work and everything went fine.
2017-5-8
Use props
DStevens
New
United States

I tried again the same PC, it worked. Not sure exactly what I did differently.

I'm just getting into drones, I think they all have a special sensor that detects the frustration level of the pilot. Just when the pilot is about to throw the drone at a wall, it works.
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules