[Solved] X3 not leveling during spin.
2524 38 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

[Solved -- i replaced the flight controllor with anew unit (2.0) and now the camera is leavel when it spins]

My X3 camera is not leveling when it spins (see video), when the camera stop moving it fixs it self.   The camera stays level if i fly or move the drone, just not when i spin the camera.

I try calibraton the IMU, compass, and did the Gimbal auto Calibration.  I did all this on a level surface.

When i put the camera on my osmo it does not dose not do it, it remaings level the whole time.

any one have suggestion or the samer problem???

2017-5-7
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

do you have it set for FPV or Follow? i would think the FPV would cause this but im no expert. but something simple to look at
2017-5-7
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-7 14:15
do you have it set for FPV or Follow? i would think the FPV would cause this but im no expert. but something simple to look at

I try Follow, FPV, and Free, just to if one would fix this.  But nothing.

This is not the drone spin in place this is the Yaw spin on the camera.
2017-5-7
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

no idea then sorry. im still learning myself
2017-5-7
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-7 15:14
no idea then sorry. im still learning myself

That OK, I am new to the inspire.  I'v been using my works phantom 3 for the past year and decided i want to get one my self.

2017-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

assuming you had the landing gear raised before you started the 340* pan of you camera right. Are you using the left camera wheel on the remote to move the camera or using the slave remote with sticks?
Can you see the camera horizon change during panning while you are on the ground? Maybe you can provide some additional information on this issue for us to help figure this out.
>>>>>
I would start by completing the IMU calibration and then calibrate the camera/ gimbal for the Inspire 1 and then calibrate the remote.

See if this helps
Rich

2017-5-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

There is no easy solution to this apart from being slow in your yaw pans and also waiting out a minute or so following slow, level flight in one direction for the problem to go away. Calibration could help some (your degree of tilt is quite extreme) but gentle flying and moves work best.
2017-5-8
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-8 07:40
Hi,

assuming you had the landing gear raised before you started the 340* pan of you camera right. Are you using the left camera wheel on the remote to move the camera or using the slave remote with sticks?

When i made this video the land gear was down, But the Problem is still there when the land gear up.

I also was using the wheel at this time but the slave remote does the same thing.  I can reduse this on the slave remote by have the roll added to the stick so i can manual adjust this.

I try the drone on the ground on a perfectly leave surface, and i see it do this still.

I already try re-calibrating the drone IMU, then gimbal (in that order)

what more information should i post?
2017-5-8
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-5-8 08:11
There is no easy solution to this apart from being slow in your yaw pans and also waiting out a minute or so following slow, level flight in one direction for the problem to go away. Calibration could help some (your degree of tilt is quite extreme) but gentle flying and moves work best.

i found slowing the yaw reduse the roll till a bit and make it more level.  When the camera point forwarded it seems level to me.  Just when i pan it.

I been reading online and this seems to be a general problem with people out there.

If i can fix it that would be great, but it seems like people say you have to live with it.
2017-5-8
Use props
DarrenE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I don't think this is likely to fix it but I rebalaned both of my X3's as they were unbalanced in the roll axis - something that could be most noticeable when panning. Neutral balance something I've balways been aware of with the x5's as I'm changing lenses and filters. I've always ensured all of my gimbals have a natural neutral balance in all axis with the lens/filters I'm intending to use

I test by pushing the camera about with my finger whilst it's switched off. I used a washer taped to the side of the camera to give it a neutral balance, just as I do with my X5's. I haven't had an issue but then it may not have been a problem to start with. It could be worth a try though. It's a no-cost solution if it's the case that the gimbal nut which is used for indexing 'level' is a bit borderline in your case..

Let us know how you you get on. If the panning that helps has to be very slow, something's not right and it may pay to send the camera (rather than the whole drone) in for a check: I've always found the support to be excellent.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

How long have you had this unit? Is this happening right out of the box, or is it after a firwmare update or a hard landing?
2017-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-8 08:57
When i made this video the land gear was down, But the Problem is still there when the land gear up.

I also was using the wheel at this time but the slave remote does the same thing.  I can reduse this on the slave remote by have the roll added to the stick so i can manual adjust this.

Thank you for sharing the information above. I am thinking that you may have a weak gimbal motor. You might be able to correct this by sticking on some weights to the outside of the camera body. Doing so, for balance. You should be able to position the camera at any angle, and it holds this position. If it doesn't, then you can add a small amount of weight until it holds.

Keep us posted and the best of success making this better.

Rich
2017-5-8
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

The camera seems balance when the drone is off.  May be the bolt is to tight, maybe i have to losing it by one turn (i did have to do a calibration to the gimbal bolts.)

when i pick up the drone and shake it like if it was been blow around hard the camera roll seems to be just fine.
2017-5-9
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 16:31
How long have you had this unit? Is this happening right out of the box, or is it after a firwmare update or a hard landing?

I built this unit from mostly new parts i bought online (it was a project), most of the unit is brand new OEM parts (expt for the main computer, lift motor, and battery house (i want a SN)).

I bought the camera used and i do not recall see it do that at first.  but the camera did start have a gimbals aliment problem, and i fix it.

The drone did a back flip once on the ground because i forgot to lock a prop (was kind of funny to watch), but the camera was not attach at the time.

It could be a FW i did not pay attach to the camera when i first got it, just flow it around a field at first play with it.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-9 13:17
I built this unit from mostly new parts i bought online (it was a project), most of the unit is brand new OEM parts (expt for the main computer, lift motor, and battery house (i want a SN)).

I bought the camera used and i do not recall see it do that at first.  but the camera did start have a gimbals aliment problem, and i fix it.

Was it working fine after the flip for a while or is this right after, thereabouts? It could be that the gimbal connection to the gimbal from the aircraft side got damaged. Have you checked the wiring etc. on that end?
2017-5-9
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-9 14:32
Was it working fine after the flip for a while or is this right after, thereabouts? It could be that the gimbal connection to the gimbal from the aircraft side got damaged. Have you checked the wiring etc. on that end?

To be honest When I got the camera in i throw it on and send the drone up for a little flight, I was not pay close attation to how the video look, more just injoy i got my camera in.  A couple days later i notice the camera start up was not normal (it was spasing out).  I did some reading online and found out this was due to the bolts that hold the arms together and they where not line up.

The back flip it did was on the grass, and the drone did not go up more then a inch or two.  I do not think the props finish getting to full flight power.

I do not see any damage to the connector plat, all the pins seem to be OK, and the wires are good.  But i try and replace it, and see what happens.
2017-5-10
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

I brought my Drone to my work to do a few shoots.  I am seen when i turn the drone the camera roll seems to change just like when i am pan.
I did not record this, but i notice the roll seems to dip in to the turn, so if i spin the other driction the roll goes the other way.

From watching the drone on a level surface and spin the camera it seems the roll just starts moving on it own.  The thing that get me is if i take the same camera and put it on my osmo and spin it (with the joy stick) it keeps it level.  I do have another quick connect gimbal plate for the drone (used) i'll try swapping it tonight to see if it improves any thing, if so then i buy a new one.

2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-10 04:21
I brought my Drone to my work to do a few shoots.  I am seen when i turn the drone the camera roll seems to change just like when i am pan.
I did not record this, but i notice the roll seems to dip in to the turn, so if i spin the other driction the roll goes the other way.

Unfortunately the videos appear as unavailable, could you repost them?
2017-5-10
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-10 07:33
Unfortunately the videos appear as unavailable, could you repost them?

Try it now, i accidentally made them privet.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-10 04:21

Based on that, it seems that the issue is with the GCU that's built into the X3. If you could try out another gimbal, it would help verify the root of the issue.
2017-5-10
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-10 12:10
Based on that, it seems that the issue is with the GCU that's built into the X3. If you could try out another gimbal, it would help verify the root of the issue.

The only X3 i have is my Osmo camera, I do have parts to build one (but i am waiting on a new ribbon cabe to come in).

Why does it not do this when i plug the camera in to my Osmo.  I can spin it all around an it stays level.  even when i move.

also the camera stays level on the drone, if i rock it side to side.  The roll keeps the camera level.

I order a new quick connector, when that comes in i try it our.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-11 03:10
The only X3 i have is my Osmo camera, I do have parts to build one (but i am waiting on a new ribbon cabe to come in).

Why does it not do this when i plug the camera in to my Osmo.  I can spin it all around an it stays level.  even when i move.

When you spin the X3 on the OSMO, are you doing so via the joystick or when rotating your hand?
2017-5-11
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 14:01
When you spin the X3 on the OSMO, are you doing so via the joystick or when rotating your hand?

Both, and i walk around with it just fine.

I can do a video of it, but it will have to be tomorrow i left my osmo in my desk at work.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-11 14:57
Both, and i walk around with it just fine.

I can do a video of it, but it will have to be tomorrow i left my osmo in my desk at work.

If that's the case, then the only thing I can think of is the gimbal connection on the aircraft's side. Since you're waiting to receive that part anyway, please let me know how it went when you have the chance.
2017-5-11
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 16:12
If that's the case, then the only thing I can think of is the gimbal connection on the aircraft's side. Since you're waiting to receive that part anyway, please let me know how it went when you have the chance.

There was no change, after i installed the new part
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-15 07:23
There was no change, after i installed the new part

For the sake of troubleshooting without further cost, are you able to borrow another X3 from a friend or a X5 to see if the issue reoccurs? It would help to pinpoint whether it's an aircraft issue or the gimbal.
2017-5-16
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 09:25
For the sake of troubleshooting without further cost, are you able to borrow another X3 from a friend or a X5 to see if the issue reoccurs? It would help to pinpoint whether it's an aircraft issue or the gimbal.

sadly i do not, if it was the drone what could be wrong with it?
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-16 10:03
sadly i do not, if it was the drone what could be wrong with it?

If it's the aircraft and you've already replaced the gimbal connection on that end, then it could be with the flight controller itself or its corresponding connections. When you have the unit on and you manually rotate the aircraft, I'm assuming you see the roll movement as well? If so perhaps a local dealer can help you out with a ground test with one of their X3s?
2017-5-16
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 11:06
If it's the aircraft and you've already replaced the gimbal connection on that end, then it could be with the flight controller itself or its corresponding connections. When you have the unit on and you manually rotate the aircraft, I'm assuming you see the roll movement as well? If so perhaps a local dealer can help you out with a ground test with one of their X3s?

I think i may have another flight controller.  I pick up a bunch of spare parts a month ago.  I take a look when i get home.
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-16 11:28
I think i may have another flight controller.  I pick up a bunch of spare parts a month ago.  I take a look when i get home.

If you do, it's something to try. Please keep me posted.
2017-5-16
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 12:19
If you do, it's something to try. Please keep me posted.

I try tonight swapping the IMU from the other unit, I thought that might be the problem.  But i am getting the same result (it may be leveling a tiny bit faster, that it).  I will try  swapping out the whole unit and see if that yields a different result.  I will post what happens, it may be a day or two before i do this.
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-16 17:43
I try tonight swapping the IMU from the other unit, I thought that might be the problem.  But i am getting the same result (it may be leveling a tiny bit faster, that it).  I will try  swapping out the whole unit and see if that yields a different result.  I will post what happens, it may be a day or two before i do this.

Whenever you can would be appreciated.
2017-5-16
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 20:24
Whenever you can would be appreciated.

The 2nd flight controller is dead.  I am starting to think this is a FW issue, and not hardware.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-17 18:00
The 2nd flight controller is dead.  I am starting to think this is a FW issue, and not hardware.

Sorry, are you saying that the FC itself doesn't work or that the X3 when connected to the new FC is dead?
2017-5-18
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-18 12:14
Sorry, are you saying that the FC itself doesn't work or that the X3 when connected to the new FC is dead?

The Spare one i got seems to be not working, The one i have in there now and before is fine.

Personally i think this is a FW issue, or something with gen1 units.  I been reading lots of forms and i see many people have this problem, and with the original inspire
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-5-18 12:40
The Spare one i got seems to be not working, The one i have in there now and before is fine.

Personally i think this is a FW issue, or something with gen1 units.  I been reading lots of forms and i see many people have this problem, and with the original inspire

I apologize if I've already asked this, but is everything updated firmware wise?
2017-5-19
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 06:40
I apologize if I've already asked this, but is everything updated firmware wise?

yes it is, i just check to make sure to.
2017-5-19
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 06:40

I was able to get a new flight controller and this solved my problem
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-6-20 11:58
I was able to get a new flight controller and this solved my problem

It's good to hear you were able to get it sorted.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules