quick question but important
712 3 2015-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I have a very quick question for everyone in the forum.

I wonder will youl turn the battery off before you switch from travel mode to fly mode to attach your camera? same as before you switch from fly mode to travel mode, you need to remove camera, will you turn the power off to do it, then turn it on to transform to travel mode.

if so, is this small step matters or can be skipped?

Thank you.

Howie
2015-3-6
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

I turn on inspire 1 put it out of travel mode and then turn it off.  Then proceed to put the camera on.  If you do not turn off the inspire 1 and try to attach the camera you will have to either turn it off so the camera resets or use the App to reset but most of the time that is not enough, you will have to turn it off for a good reset.  

As for detaching the camera you may just detach the camera but I do not recommend that so I just true off the inspire 1 detach the camera and then turn back the inspire 1 and put it in travel mode.

That is the safest way
2015-3-6
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I agree, there is some degree of voltage going through and you don't want this to come as a "shock."    Same thing with removing the camera, you don't want power going through it when it happens.

Best to always turn it off between every step that involves active hardware.
2015-3-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-7 13:32
I agree, there is some degree of voltage going through and you don't want this to come as a "shock." ...

thank you very much for your input! I did the same thing just wonder how many people will do the safest way like that. I always do it.
2015-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules