Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 app Editor does not complete movie (freeze, stall
11458 17 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5ac837e6
New
Federated States of Micronesia

Ive got a mavic Pro which Im using with an iPhone SE that has 20Gb free space.

The problem Im experiencing is that creating movies in Editor produces inconsitent results when I try to complete/ouput the final video. Basically, the process will stall/stop and never complete the video. Sometimes this happens at 10-25%, sometimes it happens anywhere up to 85%.

Ive read through forum posts, and tried pretty much every combination of setting change to free up processor and RAM space on my iOS device. Ive also tried combinations of Editor effects in the movie... reduce the number of clips, or size of clips, or only use vids from cache and not local device vids, or no transistion effects...so on and so forth. In the actually app, Ive tried clearing up the cache, increasing the cache size, and saving cache vids to local storage.

The frusterating part is that Editor does work, and Ive completed movies anywhere from 30 seconds to 2+ minutes. There doesnt seem to be any consistent reason why the Editor will complete one movie to the next. Example...1 movie consisting of 20 clips (both cache & local), 2 minutes long, and with transistion efftects will stall at 25% then after i hit cancel and try again, it will stall at 86%, try again and it wont go passed 10%, try again and it will complete without a problem.

Prior to hitting complete, each time I will restart my iOS device, put it on airpane mode, make sure only DJI GO 4 is running, turn off all backgroud app refresh, siri, notifications etc settings... basically trying to make my device into an only DJI GO app computer... but still, after each restart routine it will proceed like I desccribed in the paragraph above.

Although, I have had some luck completing movies... there are a lot more failures/stalls. Maybe 1 in 10 attempts actually complete the movie. Its getting incredibly frusterating to deal with and for such a solid overall product, the Editor is the weakest link by far.

If anyone can offer some meaningful advice on where I may be going wrong Id appreciate it, becuase my options for using other devices is limited. Or if anyone has a comprehensive list of best practices for using the Editor and  troubleshooting, point me in the right direction.

Just to provide comparison, I tried the same  thing on a friends iPhone 6s with 40Gb free and still have the same inconsistent results .

if the only way to consistently output movies is if you using the latest and fastest iOS device or you can only create videos up to a ceratin length, then DJI should specify what the app can actually accomplish on a mobile device or offer a desktop option of the Editor

2017-5-7
Use props
Z1P
New

United States

I'm experiencing the same issue. Mine has been stopping at 10% and stayed there over night, I have closed the program and restarted. I have even tried to make a new edit. None of my efforts have been successful.
2017-5-9
Use props
Baginda Harahap
New
Indonesia

i have the same problem here, it stuck at 90ish%. done everything, none seems working
2017-5-14
Use props
Kcrawford
New
Canada

I'm in the same boat. Ugh. Left it over night at 98% Help DJI!
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I gave up and just use my Win 10 laptop to process videos.  No hassles or failed attempts...   life is better.   :-)
2017-5-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I figured out the problem - on mine anyways.. I realized that a few times when I was hovering (doing a video of the sunset while at home) I responded to a text.. This of course stopped GO from recording anymore video to the device, SD recording continued.. When I entered back into GO it would start recording again.. These fragmented video files I believe is what causes the glitches. I have since started bringing my tablet (that doesn't work with GO unfortunately) with me to receive messages (texts, etc) while I am flying and do not ever exit the GO app.. Since I started doing this I do not have any issues creating movies.. This may not be the same for you guys, but it has worked for me. Before everyone comes down on me for exiting the app while hovering above me, understand I have been flying for a long time and I DO NOT depend on this app to save my Phantom.. If my phone were to completely quit on me, I know for a fact I have control over my aircraft.. If you are new here, one of the first things you need to learn is that you DO NOT NEED the app to fly - especially if you are within VLOS..
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0b09f05c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26066 ft
United States

I've got the same problem.  I'll make a 1 minute, 30 second movie, but it only saves 15 seconds of it.  Generally, I find the editor to be a basket case.  And it pains me to say this- The DJI GO app is great otherwise.  But that editor is a mess.  And it doesn't look like DJI gives a flying F**K about the problems we're having with it.  Hey- I have an idea.  Let's make sure that the developers of the editor part of the program are aware of the various problems we're having and those guys can maybe respond or say SOMETHING.  Administrators and moderators,  DO YOU HEAR ME?  What good is a forum where all you see are problems not being addressed.  Seriously.  If you can't get the editor to work right and not be so herky-jerky, then take it the f**k out of the app.  You're just embarrassing yourselves.
2017-6-27
Use props
elpaco313
New
United States

This is still an issue… I contacted support and all they said was that their developers were working on it. So it appears to be a well known issue.
2017-8-14
Use props
djiuser_puef1kD
New
Flight distance : 127024 ft
United States

I now have this same issue. Ironically, this worked on my LG G4 (not a certified device, IFAIK) but doesn't on my brand new Samsung S8 (an approved device). Hangs between 15-30 percent EVERY TIME.
2017-12-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-25 16:09
I gave up and just use my Win 10 laptop to process videos.  No hassles or failed attempts...   life is better.   :-)

120% agreed ... I use sony vegas pro
2017-12-18
Use props
PabloAG
New
Flight distance : 99977 ft
Argentina

I have the same problem. Did someone found any solution?
2018-1-2
Use props
ORON
New
South Africa

Have the same problem, @DJI this is 1 year after the other complaints above, any solutions?
2018-11-4
Use props
ORON
New
South Africa

Hi! I have the exac same issue , 1.5 year after your post, did you find any solution ?
2018-11-4
Use props
RobbieM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ORON Posted at 2018-11-4 10:18
Hi! I have the exac same issue , 1.5 year after your post, did you find any solution ?

SAME issues here, becoming VERY frustrating.  I have a AC that disconnects during flights and an app I can't edit movies on. . . .what an excellent investment huh?
2019-2-26
Use props
Mountainer
lvl.1
Germany

RobbieM Posted at 2-26 04:18
SAME issues here, becoming VERY frustrating.  I have a AC that disconnects during flights and an app I can't edit movies on. . . .what an excellent investment huh?

Problem still exists on an Iphone XR!
2019-7-22
Use props
DJaure
New

Spain

Can´t believe I don´t see one answer on DJI side!   This is a problem concerning quite a # of people
2020-3-23
Use props
djiuser_HaPITADtms1z
New
Flight distance : 17001 ft
United States

Hey guys,  I made a 1.5min video and have tried for hours to get it to compete the video. Gets stuck on 100%. Under the DJI folder I can find the saved file which didnt work and another of the video which freezes close to 20s in. Any idea how to fix?
2020-7-20
Use props
Turkey Farmer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

IphoneX iOS 13.6 I can’t even get into editor the app (4.3.38) crashes when I try. All other functions appear ok
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules