Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3s better memory card better video quality ?
985 10 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dear phantom users.

I have a phantom3 standard drone. I am a new user so I am hust getting use to things.

I was wondering whether wich memor card is the beat for the best quality? I had a couple flights and uploaded to you tube, vut I got different reault compare to the other's videos. What do you think? Doea it depend on the memory card or the video editor or how I render it out?

Any advice I would take.

Cheers
2017-5-8
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What resolution for the clips ? Did ya make clips with HD1080p or full 2K7 ?  Youtube supports vids up to HD1080p.
2017-5-8
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-5-8 00:37
What resolution for the clips ? Did ya make clips with HD1080p or full 2K7 ?  Youtube supports vids up to HD1080p.

Thanks for he fast reply
I use 1080 HD only. And  I also forgot to mention that I have an 32 gb Sandisc memory card. So I hope you can tell me how to make the best quality videos
2017-5-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No ... you won't record better with a "better" card.
Either you will record properly ... or you won't.
That's the nature of digital media.
2017-5-8
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-8 00:45
No ... you won't record better with a "better" card.
Either you will record properly ... or you won't.
That's the nature of digital media.

Ok. So memory card does not matter. Cool. So only to do is to improve my flying skills. Good to know. I spent enough already though. Thanks my friend!!!
2017-5-8
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If you make a really fast turn with your bird then the cam will write down the data as seen on to the card. The quality is dependent from the 1.resolution of clip,2.write speed of the cam to the sd card,3.the flying skills. If you want to take photos then you can fly really fast to the point an take the shots,but if you make a clip then fly slowly and record.I think if you can hold 2-3 m/s then the vid will come very smooth.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-5-8 00:49
Ok. So memory card does not matter. Cool. So only to do is to improve my flying skills. Good to know. I spent enough already though. Thanks my friend!!!

Try Peterx's advice and see if you notice any changes in quality. Keep in mind that when uploading a video to YouTube or another streaming site, some quality is lost in general due to how they compress the video. In general I've seen users film at higher resolutions to compensate for that, but the catch would be that you would need a faster computer to edit at UHD.
2017-5-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure your filming in 30FPS 2.7K.... the Phantom 3 Std records at 40Mbps which Is 5MB/s, I would recommend getting a UHS-1 card, I have a sandisk extreme pro, it is overkill for the P3s but you will never have recording issues as it can write as 60MB/s where the Phantom only needs 5MB/s
2017-5-9
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2017-5-8 02:29
If you make a really fast turn with your bird then the cam will write down the data as seen on to the card. The quality is dependent from the 1.resolution of clip,2.write speed of the cam to the sd card,3.the flying skills. If you want to take photos then you can fly really fast to the point an take the shots,but if you make a clip then fly slowly and record.I think if you can hold 2-3 m/s then the vid will come very smooth.

Oh I see. I will try to fly slowly. Thanks for the tips. Now unfortunately I have to wait because there is a windy weather in glasgow.have a good day my friend.
2017-5-9
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 15:29
Try Peterx's advice and see if you notice any changes in quality. Keep in mind that when uploading a video to YouTube or another streaming site, some quality is lost in general due to how they compress the video. In general I've seen users film at higher resolutions to compensate for that, but the catch would be that you would need a faster computer to edit at UHD.

Ok than. SO I will rexord in 2K and upload it as a 1080 30fps. But I guess this whole problem is because of my flying skills. I only had 2 flighs so I must praxtice a lot. There are a lot of fear in my mind. Dor example I am scared to fly it over my view. I saw a lot of videos about chrashes. Whatbif the drone lost its signal and does not return home... Anyway, thank you for the tips!!!!
2017-5-9
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-9 00:29
Make sure your filming in 30FPS 2.7K.... the Phantom 3 Std records at 40Mbps which Is 5MB/s, I would recommend getting a UHS-1 card, I have a sandisk extreme pro, it is overkill for the P3s but you will never have recording issues as it can write as 60MB/s where the Phantom only needs 5MB/s

I will try to fl slow first in 2K. And after if the problem is still there,  I would go for that memory card. Thank you for the info, i did not know these stuffs about the memora cards. Have a good day.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules