Use DJI goggles with racing drones?
2404 3 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and have the DJI Goggles on order.

I was wondering if these could be used for racing drones as well? My guess is that I need a receiver with an HDMI out port. I have had trouble finding such a unit. Or are there TX modules compatible with DJI protocols? If the HDMI port is used, would the latency be too long?

I'm not really looking to do actual competing, but I think it would also be fun to fly these small, fast drones as well.
2017-5-8
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

To answer my own question, I found some Connex products that do 720P HDMI out. The receiver is a belt mounted device with several antennas so it's not quite as small as I would hope, but should work. I'm sure more products will come out with time.
2017-5-11
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-5-11 06:22
To answer my own question, I found some Connex products that do 720P HDMI out. The receiver is a belt mounted device with several antennas so it's not quite as small as I would hope, but should work. I'm sure more products will come out with time.

I have the connex product and it works amazing with the goggles. Said goodbye to the fatsharks
2017-7-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using a 5.8 GHZ monitor that has a video output. I purchased a video to hdmi adapter and connect the goggles to the adapter. It works fine with the Inductrix in the house, have not tried it with the racing quad yet. I expect a little latency because of the video to hdmi conversion. But, in all honesty have not slammed the Inductrix into a wall yet!
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules