My Inspire1 Fly-away/Theft Recovery Plan - What's Your's?
1532 3 2015-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chad
lvl.2

United States

Hi guys -

Just finished adding some things that I think wil increase my chances of finding my bird if it flys away, crashes out of my line of site, or gets pinched at airport bagage claim.

Materials and gear

Picture 1
Velcro - cut 1 barbed piece for the Trackimo, and 2 fuzzy pieces. All 3 should be the same size.

Picture 2
I printed out a "REWARD IF FOUND!!!" sticker on my DYMO and stuck it across the back of the chassis.
The barbed piece of Velcro attaches to the back-plate of the Inspire1. It looks like it might be able to hold actual DJI accessories at some point, but that is where I have it for now.

Picture 3
One of the 2 remaining fuzzy pieces attaches to the Trackimo
Once attached it is ready to mount
Sidenote: the Trackimo comes with velco but I didn't like the quality so I went with the Industrial strengh stuff.

Picture 4
I printed out my phone number and stuck it opposite the REWARD message directly in front of the battery port.

Pictures 5 and 6
One thing I'm worried about are people pinching my GPC case off the airport turnstile while I'm still in transit. I decided to take the remaining fuzzy velcro and attach it inside the case behind the top layer of foam. It obviously isn't ideal, but I figure the guy isn't going to pop the case open and look for a tracking device right there in the airport. I only plan to have it there when I'm flying - otherwise it stays in a case compartment.

Disclaimer
This has not been road-tested yet so I have no idea if it will work. I have not used the Trackimo that much so can't comment on its reliability/accuracy, but the Amazon reviews are mostly positive.

I just wanted to do something to protect my investment and thought I'd share.

Are any of you doing something similar? Does anyone care to poke holes and/or offer suggestions?

Safe flying -

Chad

Recover-Your-Ass-Optimized.png
2015-3-6
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Adding extra security layer.
IMAG1484_20150307083802561.jpg
2015-3-7
Use props