ND FILTER 8 or 16 ?
9315 69 2015-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

So here is an interesting question.  I just bought a back up ND and PC filter.  What if I sandwiched a sheet of ND 4 or 8 between the two and screw them together?  Are there threads to allow that?  
2015-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Renaat Posted at 2015-3-11 18:33
ultra light, double thread specially made, nd 3,4,5, transport from China, there will be a price f ...

I would like to be on the list for a set of these filters
2015-3-24
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Yes you can include me on the list please.
2015-3-24
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

Why is the weight such an issue, i mean, does the extra few grams contribute to gimble shake? I bought a set of Altura 37mm ND's 2,4,8 on Amazon for $11 for the set which are glass and weigh 4.6 gms as compared to the DJI plastic ones (clear and ND4) which weigh 2.75gms, and I have not seen any problems so far.
2015-3-25
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RBIMD
http://www.amazon.com/Neewer%C2% ... mm+ND%27s+2%2C4%2C8

is that the one ?? Does it have a female 37mm thread? is it too tight??
2015-3-25
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes,  please add me to the list for the filters.
2015-3-26
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

Hello Renaat,
I appreciate the effort that you are making to bring about quality ND filters for the Inspire 1.
I am very interested in your ND Filters and would appreciate being put on the list of persons in the USA who want to purchase a set as soon as they are available.
Thank you!
2015-3-26
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I broke mine

These work for now
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When these new ones are out ADD ME TO THE LIST!

They no longer have the 37mm ones I guess...... disregard that link. The ones I bought were 37mm and they fit, but they are much heavier!
2015-3-26
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rbimd Posted at 2015-3-25 18:54
Why is the weight such an issue, i mean, does the extra few grams contribute to gimble shake? I boug ...

I bought these too. They work fine.

Also, The DJI filters are not plastic. I found that out the hard way.
2015-3-26
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Renaat Posted at 2015-3-25 08:43
as living for a long time in China, my experience is: China has great products, often invented by th ...

I'm excited to see what you come up with...I'm very interested in purchasing if it's a solid product!!!!
2015-3-26
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

Mine were Altura brand so I can't vouch for the Neewer, but they had both internal and external threads
2015-3-26
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

I'd say for $9 why not try them. No the ALtura fit fine and were not too tight.
2015-3-26
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Renaat, you can sign me up. Now that clear skie are returning to the northern hemisphere Im needing a big step that the DJI filter. In perfectly clear skies yesterday the best I could get was with ISO 100 but shutter speed was at 1/1600 on 4K at 30p.....not good really.
2015-3-29
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

NEWS !!!   
Almost becoming crazy to deal with the chinese factories. :@
History: we started with 2 factories that confirmed from the beginning "we can do it" (but that is typical chinese).
First factory, we ordered 3 filters:  ND8-ND16-ND32 Conclusions: too much weight and the ND16 and ND32 bad quality.
Second factory: I suppose the filter quality would be OK, but, they have problems with the frame thread. They need to buy a german machine to cut the right screwing. Complicated.
All good things you need a 3x exercise…..
Now 3th factory, "highly" specialized in filters and coatings, all Japanese high precision machines. We talked a lot and the CEO likes to make special stuff, not ordinary filters as we find everywhere as Altura, Neewer, ….   (all coming from the same chinese factories).
We sent him our dij ND4 that arrived broken, . Frame and thread for them is no problem and weight should be not neither. Firstly they tried to polish the glass to achieve the right weight, but that would become too  expensive. Now they find, after analyzing the DJI one, the right solution. Glass of 0.5mm and apply the right coatings with their high tech Japanese machines. As he said the ND-grade of most chinese filters is not very precise (I agree), so not what we want ! He is excited to produce a high end product !  
Listening to your requirements, we think to sell sets of ND8-16-32 (-3,-4-5 stops) with the possibility to add ND4 (-2 dij for those, as me, who haven broken) and/or ND64 (-6). Today we checked the price for sending to the US or Europe by TNT : 28 USD. This high tech set (3 filters) will be +/- 45 USD (not finished to deal, but we need to order big quantity > 300). Extra filter will be 16 USD, without change in transport.
=== shortly we will receive a sample ! ===  be patient, I almost gave it up, but my chinese wife luckily found this factory.
By the way, in China (always much cheaper), the price of a DJI-set is 249 RMB (40.2 USD) excl. transport for a the original set  (clear and ND4) at their store.
Regards, Renaat
2015-4-1
Use props
HeinBollo
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Renaat,

when the filters are ready to sell, let me know. We wouldt like to do the sale for Europe. At least for Germany.

If you are interested, let me know at : info@aeromovie.de

Regards
Heinz
2015-4-1
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

HeinBollo Posted at 2015-4-1 18:58
Hello Renaat,

when the filters are ready to sell, let me know. We wouldt like to do the sale for Eu ...

tip top, because for us to order > 300 filter is a risk
2015-4-1
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

Sign me up also. Need the filters.
2015-4-1
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

Thank you all for supporting !! I feel we will have this 3th time a positive result. Not easy to get our western standards here, always an issue with the final touch. Nice days are coming, hope we will enjoy a nice cinematic video.
PS: my experience for aerial video is not really a 180° (double the frame speed per second), but more towards a 90° (4 time fps speed) as the image is moving fast while flying. Hope to publish soon some video when we receive the sample filters. A 30 fps video, I should think at a shutter of 1/90-100
Best regards, Renaat.
2015-4-2
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

Renaat,
Thank you again for all of your hard work to find a quality manufacturer for these ND filters.  I for one can't want until you tell us that the order lines are open!

For what its worth regarding the Inspire-1 and ND filter strength, I was flying the other day in bright, mid afternoon sunlight, (not a cloud in the sky).  I was shooting video of a light colored, recently refurbished & painted processing plant. I was using a 0.9ND filter and shooting in 4k @ 30fps in auto mode to see where the shutter speed would fall.  I was happy to see that even in the bright mid afternoon sun, shooting a large bright colored object, my shutter speed stayed between 1/120 and 1/200 (depending on what the lens was capturing at the time).  I'm certain that a 1.2ND filter would have been more than enough for the shoot and would be enough for most shooting environments other than snow scenes or certain very bright subjects.
(watch in 1080p).
2015-4-3
Use props
mastaba
lvl.1

Russia

Renaat Posted at 2015-3-25 08:43
as living for a long time in China, my experience is: China has great products, often invented by th ...

Renaat,
Did you find resolve weight problem? Now i waiting my Dji jet and looking for strong ND filter. Need you advice. THX
2015-4-4
Use props
ciword
New

United States

Hey!  For what it's worth... I bought some 3 stop ND paper from my local shop and used an exacto knife to cut around it... then cut it a bit smaller.  I stuff it inside the provided filter and I got amazing results.  Ideal shutter speeds in the bright sunny days in La Paz Mexico.  There are a couple 'spots' that I can see, it may be the distortion of a less than perfect fit, or just normal lens flare.  Check the footage... sorry I haven't made an aerial reel yet and the vids are silly, but check out those shots!

2015-4-7
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

A BIG DAY TODAY, so a new thread:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=11947&extra=
2015-4-11
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

What's the latest on this project? Any updates?
2015-4-20
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ciword Posted at 2015-4-7 23:16
Hey!  For what it's worth... I bought some 3 stop ND paper from my local shop and used an exacto kni ...

Great stuff!! I want to hang out with you guys!
2015-4-20
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

NEWS UPDATE

HELLO DEAR ND-FILTER AND DJI FANS,

Sorry for answering a bit late, but as told you, we are actually very occupied with our daily business. 2 video orders of 7 minutes to finish in 10 days….  a day and night work. Besides all that answering hundreds of your emails …  

The ND-Filters
They are of course in production. We just mailed the factory for preview: they do their best to finish the first production (we changed our order from 100 to 150 filter sets)  on April 27th. Afterwards it will be sent by airplane to our address, 1000 km. China is big.
Meanwhile, in some spare time, we prepare a listing of all your orders and check addresses and telephone numbers (a lot did not add telephone number, they may be delayed). We also ordered special cartons to put them in the plastic DHL-envelops with some bulb plastic for protection.
Normally we will prepare shipping, after checking each filter, from April 28th.
We will be absent from April 30th to Mai 5th as we will be on a film/media fair in Qingdao. This needs to be prepared too….

Those who received a payment confirmation by mail, will be delivered in the first shipping. Other fans who requested our filters, will need to wait at least 2 weeks giving us the time to prepare a new order at the factory for production (10 days) and dispatching.

So dear fans, please be patient, they will come !! As this success was not previewed, it takes a lot of  time for answering mails, order confirmations, checking, etc. ...   We thank you all being happy for what you will receive in some days.

Renaat & Aileen.
2015-4-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Are those filters made of coated resin? Thats not really good if so, real glas would be better.
2015-5-18
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Daninho Posted at 2015-5-18 19:15
Are those filters made of coated resin? Thats not really good if so, real glas would be better.

double coated 0,5 mm glass
2015-5-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Renaat Posted at 2015-5-18 20:21
double coated 0,5 mm glass

Ok, the ND8 Filter would be nice. I have it attacheed to my gopro, the ND4 was to weak
2015-5-19
Use props
brookaitken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1330289 ft
United States

Can anyone explain why we are using a different rating system for ND's instead of ND3, .6, .9, .1.2, & 1.8
would be nice to have more ND as the sensor can't handle higher shutter speeds very well on horizontal tracking moves- strobes/jitters

my demo reel-

Brook Aitken
DP
www.brookaitken.com
2015-5-19
Use props
info.loudbyte
New

United States

Hi Renaat,
I placed my order via Paypal and sent you emails to request  a confirmation but I have not been able to reach you.   

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from soon.   
Steve
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules