New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 07:45
Fail. Going back to .550, its obviously a batch of mavic drones that have different version of hardware for which our highly skilled friends and DJI did not develop a working firmware. How professional. Even Samsung does stuff better and its just stupid phones that dont fly 6km away and risk peoples lives..

x1m0x, Your doing your FW update through a tablet ??????
            Have you tried to use a PC ???????
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 08:26
x1m0x, Your doing your FW update through a tablet ??????
            Have you tried to use a PC ???????

Man, I tried trough 2 phones with different versions of android and a tablet with android 7 and most of the times from assistant latest version on 2 different PCs, even swapped 3 different USB cables, reverted to old firmware, wiped sdcards, reset to factory.
Tried these processes at least 20 times per device. I am an IT professional, I work for IBM, I know what Im doing But thanks.
As I previously said this is obviously a batch with incompatible hardware. No other explanation as there are loads of people with the same problem.

L.
2017-5-9
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just got done updating firmware on Mavic, but neither the website http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads nor the google store have the new android version of the DJI GO 4 app.  OR SO I THOUGHT, just reinstalled DJI GO4 and it says it is version 4.07.
Won't know until tomorrow how it works now.  I was encouraged by the previous update, as I got 4 full no app disconnect flights in.  Then a few days later with awesome weather, I was disnonnected once or more inflight.  Aircraft control was not effected, and brought app back up quickly.  Inflight intelligence modes I was in at time of disconnect continued to work until I pressed Pause button on RC.  Homepoint was still good and in one case I let it trigger failsafe RTH and it worked fine.

UPDATE: Flew twice and disconnected once on first flight;  disconnected twice on second flight.  Each time it was easy to reestablish the app and the Mavic maintained the original Home Point and any intelligent flight mode I was in.  Used "pause" on RC to exit mode, hit left button to bring up app and tapped it.  Second time tried closing app, then reopen, still crashed again.

Phone:  Samsung S7, Android 7.0 plus May update, DJI GO 4 app v 4.0.7 installed from Google Play, Mavic & RC updated from DJI Asst. 2; Firmware v 01.03.0700

Good news update May 16, 2017:  I got my Samsung S7 back from experimac, which fixed my broken screen (I dropped it without the case from a table to concrete floor).  I set my video resolution lower to 1920x1080 (instead of 2560x1440); Display mode to Basic (instead of Adaptive display or the AMOLED cinema or photo modes); Blue Light Filter to Off; Wifi to Off, and Bluetooth to Off.  I flew 3 times  down to low battery and every sortie went well with good video, intelligent app no issue and no issues with the DJI GO 4 App.
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-9 08:28
Just got done updating firmware on Mavic, but neither the website http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads nor the google store have the new android version of the DJI GO 4 app.  Where is it?

what version you are talking about?
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 05:58
yes pretty ridiculous seeing as this items cost loads of money. some of us need to work a month to get that sort of money. ideally we shoiuld just leave the drone to .550, but what if i want the goggles? or to try fixed wing mode? it just doesnt feel right.

I would try to update via your phone.  That seems the most reliable way.

Note that you could have an issue with a running app on your system.  Maybe your USB port is going into sleep mode right at that time.
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

iperov Posted at 2017-5-9 06:15
please fix memory leak in DJI GO app on android

No kidding.  They fixed it in 4.0.6 but it is back again on 4.0.7.
2017-5-9
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 08:25
OK, final update, Drone back to .550 (latest firmware it takes) controller on .700, seems to work fine, I did not notice any weird behavior yet. Glad I did not buy the Goggles, I would be even more upset now.

Shame on you DJI, sort your stuff out! I spent more time and batteries trying to upgrade than flying with my 1200 eur 3 weeks old drone. Nonsense.

You probably have but i will ask anyhow, Have you tried updating via phone app and only using cellular data to download and update? reason im asking is that it always fails on me when using WiFi to update.
but cell data works fine.... maybe this will help other if not you.
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

OK, final update, Drone back to .550 (latest firmware it takes) controller on .700, seems to work fine, I did not notice any weird behavior yet. Glad I did not buy the Goggles, I would be even more upset now.

Shame on you DJI, sort your stuff out! I spent more time and batteries trying to upgrade than flying with my 1200 eur 3 weeks old drone. Nonsense.

Same here! Tried different ways - no success - Update stuck at exactly 57% as the one before. Then 2 reboots and a "update failed"-message :-(

undefined 0x020106

I have attached my Logs!

[19:15:57][SerialIo            ] Free COM3 success!
[19:15:57][CommandIo           ] DJIDeviceCommandIo closed.
[19:15:57][DevMgr              ] DevRemoved, LittlePilot, wm220, 1.3.2.188, 76c926ada0d0916dace827c36a7d9b2ad4daad93
[19:15:57][upgrade1860Ex       ] get upgrade log file timeout!!!
[19:15:57][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x020106
[19:15:57][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time : 683.57 second
[19:15:57][DiagMsg             ] push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x020106
[19:15:57][UpgradeMgr          ]    Lb_dm3xx_sky(1) result false

log.zip

435.32 KB, Down times: 0

2017-5-9
Use props
kwi66
lvl.2
Austria

Updated by Android phone with no problems, but...
- the annoying "NFZ" issue was not solved! {:4_154:}

Dear DJI firmware programmers, if you have a weak GPS signal, aberration may be a few hundred foot, not more!
No need to block flight just on weak signal, if next NFZ is miles away!!
Please obey this in your next firmware version!
Thank you!
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

NE.UK Posted at 2017-5-9 07:22
Let us know how it goes

No chance... Failed at exactly 57% as the .0600 update does :-(

Attached my logs.

log.zip (435.32 KB, Down times: 3)
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mike-PNW Posted at 2017-5-9 08:57
You probably have but i will ask anyhow, Have you tried updating via phone app and only using cellular data to download and update? reason im asking is that it always fails on me when using WiFi to update.

Mmmmh, until now I've always tried only via wifi, this can be useful reply, currently trying also this way ... i'll let know the final result.
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Failed also via cellular data upgrade ....
keep the actual firmware that is in my Mavic...

Dscf9906.jpg
Dscf9907.jpg
Dscf9908.jpg
Dscf9909.jpg
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

*after upgrading fails, I didn't do anything else* .. sorry for my bad english ..
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

After upgrading fail, i have do nothing and my Mavic has restarted, then connected to the rc and to the app correctly (that continues to tell me that my aircraft must be upgraded.. i know...) , and GO FLY , with the old firmware... little flight on my courtyard and all seems to be ok... waiting for new fw or some solution..
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:01

can you provide your log files? DJI-Natalia can forward them to their developer-team.
2017-5-9
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

Just update to 0.700 on the pc with DJI assist, first the Mavic then the controller and everything is ok to 100% (then restart the RC and Drone)
DJI GO4 app version 4.0.7 on android 4.04, no problem.
First flight and everything is ok for me.

All the best from Belgium.
2017-5-9
Use props
MapScience
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47844 ft
United States

Failed again.
I have one of the Mavics that will not upgrade beyond v 0.0550.  The batteries and transceiver will upgrade, but the aircraft will not.  Not to v 0.0600 or, now, to v 0.0700.  Like so many others have reported, it reaches 74% then fails after the second reboot.  This time, however, I was downgraded back to v 0.0400 for my effort.  The only part of this process that worked today was uploading my error log.

DJI, why are you not addressing this issue?  Why are you ignoring the many of us that have reported this problem and sent you our error logs?  Your silence is deafening.
2017-5-9
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:01

Try with small phone cable and cellular, not usb.
2017-5-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Noticed this just before I flew earlier. Pretty certain I'll be purchasing the goggles! Mega excited!
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-9 08:56
I would try to update via your phone.  That seems the most reliable way.

Note that you could have an issue with a running app on your system.  Maybe your USB port is going into sleep mode right at that time.

as said above tried with 3 mobile devices and 2 pcs and 3 usb cables. its hardware.
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Mike-PNW Posted at 2017-5-9 08:57

yes tried that as i read it in another post. same thing unfortunately .
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Mike-PNW Posted at 2017-5-9 11:08

what you mean?
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

For all broken Mavics this could be a solution:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75504-1-1.html

Maybe DJI Natalia can check this for us?
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mike-PNW Posted at 2017-5-9 11:08

I just received my RC--Reverse USB cable some days ago, never used , i connect my Asus Zenfone 2 Deluxe with the RC via USB cable, because My phone has a thick thickness that does not enter the appropriate radio control pliers, but i can  try using the new rc/reverse usb cable without insert in the rc arm... can try another time next days but , as i read from many users , i'm sure the result will be the same...
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I flew up until now with my Mavic using the USB cable and I never had any problems, and I think that changing cable has nothing to do with the error of the upgrade
2017-5-9
Use props
fans60e10026
lvl.1
United States

Still no ATTI mode, still no flying in their "NFZ", still no way to get around their grounding BS because they think the area should be banned.  I live 5 miles from a small airstrip, I have emailed their team for exceptions, never got a response at all, let alone a no, even though I have a certified letter from the traffic control telling me I can fly anytime I want, as long as I keep it under 400ft.  I have to resort to the tinfoil diaper I created to force the Mavic into ATTI in order to fly.  No GPS, no return home, no safety, and no confidence, just because I want to fly around my neighborhood...
2017-5-9
Use props
jurrianv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503796 ft
Netherlands

I just updated with the DJI Go 4 app (version 4.0.8) from 0.600 to .0700 on iOS 10.3.1. Everything went ok. Just a normal update. It's evening in the Netherlands so I'll try to do a test flight tomorrow.

Best regards
2017-5-9
Use props
pgravier
lvl.1

France

No update for Android version
2017-5-9
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

Failed upload from .550 to .700
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-9 11:51
I flew up until now with my Mavic using the USB cable and I never had any problems, and I think that changing cable has nothing to do with the error of the upgrade

to be fair i had problems having the pc rrecognise the controller using a long usb cable i use to charge my wireless headphones, when i changed to a short normal one bang, recognized. Still did not make a difference in the firmware failure. As i said, I am 99% sure its just a batch of mavics that have not been considered in the production of firmwares after .550. its stuff that happens also with other devices like pcs, phones, servers etc.
2017-5-9
Use props
fansbfe328eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181575 ft
Switzerland

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 08:28
Man, I tried trough 2 phones with different versions of android and a tablet with android 7 and most of the times from assistant latest version on 2 different PCs, even swapped 3 different USB cables, reverted to old firmware, wiped sdcards, reset to factory.
Tried these processes at least 20 times per device. I am an IT professional, I work for IBM, I know what Im doing  But thanks.
As I previously said this is obviously a batch with incompatible hardware. No other explanation as there are loads of people with the same problem.

Working for IBM doesn't mean allways you know what you do, try it according to how everyone has done it... and it worked quite well.... by the way working for an IT company as well... wanna talk about the clock issue or about RoHs compliancy..? Ask you customers.
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 12:00
to be fair i had problems having the pc rrecognise the controller using a long usb cable i use to charge my wireless headphones, when i changed to a short normal one bang, recognized. Still did not make a difference in the firmware failure. As i said, I am 99% sure its just a batch of mavics that have not been considered in the production of firmwares after .550. its stuff that happens also with other devices like pcs, phones, servers etc.

My guess is that there might be an incompatibility with a hardware component - maybe a newer/older revision of an electronical part. Or my second guess is a corrupt file from previous failed uptdate which still exists on the Mavics internal storrage. This file can prevent the drone from getting further updates, because it can not be overwritten.
2017-5-9
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Same thing for me, but i had to do nothing when i try to upgrade via DJI GO 4 app.... after the upgrade fail, the drone and the rc connect both and all is ok (only when i tried to update the drone via pc with DJI Assistant 2 i had to go back to the 1.03.400, the rc and the drone had some issues then via DJI GO 4 they recognized both again) .. i suppose to have again the old firmware 1.03.4000, i don't know where in the app can i see current version loaded on the Mavic and in the RC ... but all works fine also without new firmware, and this can be ok for now. Once the good season ends, if upgrading issue continue, i'll evaluate to send back the drone, if they will provide quickly a new, fully functional Mavic that can be normally upgraded ..
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

fansbfe328eb Posted at 2017-5-9 12:01
Working for IBM doesn't mean allways you know what you do, try it according to how everyone has done it... and it worked quite well.... by the way working for an IT company as well... wanna talk about the clock issue or about RoHs compliancy..? Ask you customers.

Dude, I know what I am doing, fullstop. I tried everything possible, its not rocket science and there are many others with the problem. Its hardware. End of the story.
Hopefully DJI will come up with a patch for this batch, if its financially convenient for them to invest engineers time in developing it, otherwise they will just wait for people to send it back.
But as you seem to know better, do you have any suggestion in what people could try, could you share your successful experience with us common mortals? Its easy to say ¨yeah i got it to work¨ when you dont have the problem and you dont provide solutions. Please feel free to advise. Lets be constructive here.
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 12:03
My guess is that there might be an incompatibility with a hardware component - maybe a newer/older revision of an electronical part. Or my second guess is a corrupt file from previous failed uptdate which still exists on the Mavics internal storrage. This file can prevent the drone from getting further updates, because it can not be overwritten.

both good points, but i would expect anything to be overwritten by reverting to the oldest firmware, but yes, thats not necessarly true.
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-9 12:04
Same thing for me, but i had to do nothing when i try to upgrade via DJI GO 4 app.... after the upgrade fail, the drone and the rc connect both and all is ok (only when i tried to update the drone via pc with DJI Assistant 2 i had to go back to the 1.03.400, the rc and the drone had some issues then via DJI GO 4 they recognized both again) .. i suppose to have again the old firmware 1.03.4000, i don't know where in the app can i see current version loaded on the Mavic and in the RC ... but all works fine also without new firmware, and this can be ok for now. Once the good season ends, if upgrading issue continue, i'll evaluate to send back the drone, if they will provide quickly a new, fully functional Mavic that can be normally upgraded ..

Of course you can check the version of RC and AC via app. Just start the app and tab&hold the three bars in the upper right corner (burger menu) until the downgrade-dialogue appears. There you can see your current version :-)

And no this way won't help upgrading to 600 or 700. I have tried this a few times...
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-9 12:04

OR , it shows in the about section within the system options after entering the app in flight mode. There shows your firmware version for both hardware items and your software version and some other nonsense.
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

BTW Why we dont have ANY interaction from DJI engineers in this thread? After we gave the company LOADS of our VERY hard earned money, I would expect at least some presence for heavens sake. Instead, total indifference.
{:4_157:}
2017-5-9
Use props
Matias73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19239 ft
Germany

It is really annoying to read that the trouble is going on with the .700 firmware. {:4_154:}
After having the same issue when trying to upgrade from .550 to .600, I returned my mavic roughly 4 weeks ago to the service center in Germany as suggested by the DJI product support. There it is still awaiting its damage assessment which should take only 1 to 2 working days.
I really hope that it moves forward soon after the case has been escalated yesterday.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans60e10026
lvl.1
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 12:18
BTW Why we dont have ANY interaction from DJI engineers in this thread? After we gave the company LOADS of our VERY hard earned money, I would expect at least some presence for heavens sake. Instead, total indifference.

Because they are too busy locking our Mavics down within 100 miles of every airstrip on earth :-)
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules