New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans243af76a
lvl.1

United States

fans8ad9eb06 Posted at 2017-5-13 18:44
Just purchased today. Remote ap is saying firmware upgrade required. Five hours later still not able to complete upgrade through remote ap or assistant 2. This is beyond frustrating. Also getting firmware mismatch warnings. Haven't flown yet and about to throw in the towel already. Should have read these forums before purchasing I guess. Only saving grace is I didn't order online and waited until it was in stock locally. Can't believe such demand for this lemon.

If you are going to update through the app be sure to turn off WiFi and update using cell data connection, or use dji assistant 2 on computer, as soon as the controller is turned on it will cause some major interference with WiFi signals
2017-5-14
Use props
Cpt W.T. Foxtro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated (again) successfully, but the new firmware actually made my gimbal problem worse.  I used to have to adjust gimbal each time I took off, but it would stay good for the flight.  Now, it is becoming un-level during the flight and requiring adjustment throughout.   
Also, had the RTH function randomly decide to ASCEND instead of coming down after the upgrade.  The SPORT button trick worked and I cancelled the uncontrolled ascent, and landed manually.  (Yes, all the params were set correctly)  I was flying at 90m with a minimum RTH Alt of 40m  --  it actually returned directly above the spot, but started to ascend when it was time to descend.

Time to roll back until they get the bugs out.
2017-5-14
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

Kcontedrone Posted at 2017-5-13 20:43
After doing the update I turn my controller and drone off then on and did a test flight inside and the drone was very unsteady, drifting everywhereand then ended up crashing it into the curtain,  luckily it was a soft landing ...  i'm not sure what to do !

Well, you can try to fly outdoors where there is more space between objects. Remember, the art of flying good is keeping the aircraft between the edges of space.  Once you get to the edge of space you will tend to crash.

The other alternative you can try is to use control stick inputs to avoid letting the aircraft fly into the curtain, * BEFORE * it gets to that edge of space ( Curtain ) and maneuver the craft away from the aforementioned edge of space to avoid the crash.

I have flown my mavic in a cave, when I took off I totally expected it to crash into something.  The cave was only 15 feet wide, but hey, what the hell it was wider and taller than my living room.  Yes, there is some issue with going into and out of atti mode, gps loss/drift.. and at the end of the day, I learned something...  that control stick inputs do save the craft... and I didn't crash it into the cave walls, or the ice formations.
2017-5-14
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33031 ft
Portugal

When I bought Mavic the first thing I did was a firmware update. To be honest I don't remember from which firmware I was updating and probably it was updated to the previous firmware.
Today I flown 2 batteries with .700 and until now, everything seems to be fine.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans6c44dc60
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Test flight after upgrading too 700 went smooth. Very happy
2017-5-14
Use props
Rich79
New
Flight distance : 47851 ft
United States

Updated to .700 before first flight without issue.
2017-5-14
Use props
MTflyer
New
Flight distance : 6155 ft
United States

Test flight after update and I got a fly away with resulted in three broken props and a torn off gimbal... Thought I had checked everything in preflight. Should have double checked. Maybe someone will read this and be sure to check their setting before flight so the same doesn't happen to them. FYI, repair service links from support are not working either.
2017-5-14
Use props
JeffinCincy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269649 ft
United States

Upgraded from .600 to .700 and have flown 4 batteries outside without any problems.  For those that are testing new firmware indoors let me ask, why?  You won't have GPS lock, so it will probably drift more, you'll probably have disconnects being so close to your home wireless router and then you'll blame the firmware.  I guess you're worried about fly aways??
2017-5-14
Use props
fansf97b8992
New
Romania

I'm just wondering what I'm reading here. People are happy if can fly with the drone without problems. But this should be the normality! If we are afraid to use the product, we just need to drop it in a trash bag! Is a NFZ wrong message inside of the buildings, this simply means the product is defective and should be repaired or exchanged. What would you do if a phone will tell you it cannot make calls, because it believes it is in a plane? What you will do if in the morning the car will refuse to start and tell you the fuel tank is empty, but you filled in the evening? For sure you will not trust anymore the device and service it as soon as possible. Why should we be happy if a device is working? If so, we will be happy all the time: the tv set does not smoke burnt, the coffee maker did not explode, the door opens and the pet stil alive. Some of us tried to find excuses: there is no perfect human made devices. Yes, this is right, but from perfect to so many problems with each firmware is a long way. This things can damage things, can hurt people. They are not jokes. The manufactures called millions of cars to service if something can goes wrong. Why the DJI does not do it? Why we accepted this? Because they are Chinese? Is this an excuse. Do we have different laws for Chinese products? Some of the above wrote this are the best drones. Maybe on the paper. But if the specifications cannot be applied in the final products and the quality of the devices is completely random, we are getting the worse drones ever made. Because of the NFZ I will send this drone to be fixed in the guarantee. According to the our laws if not fixed in two months a replacement should be provided. If the replacement have any problem, all the money back! If all of us will do the same, DJI will reconsider the product quality. I know they are writing that the firmware update is on my own risk. They can write what they want, even to use the product on your own risk, but we have laws to protect us. On the other side, I'm not so sure of the existence of millions happy users. Why should I believe this? More possible, there are a lot of people with similar problems which do not write them on forums.
2017-5-15
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-5-11 08:53
Well, after reading all the reviews yesterday on this forum and another one, I decided I would give it a chance. I updated AC first and the RC second. It took 22 minutes for AC and 12 minutes for RC to download, transmit, and update using Asst.2 on Windows 10. I use Android 5.1.1, Samsung Tab A6. The update process went smooth. After updating form FW.400 to FW-.700 and updated from App 3.1.3 to App.4.0.7, I made 5 different flights yesterday afternoon and used three different batteries. Before take off I checked all settings to be safe. Had to change the usual stuff in general settings and reset my max. altitude and distance settings. Also my custom settings for the RC from .25 to .18 left/right turning. All test flights were in P-mode, OAS were on first 3 flights and OAS were turned off for the last 2 flights.

What I experienced.... Powering up: RC>App>AC>Connected. No more NFZ warning which I did have when I tested FW.600 with app.4.0.6!!! The mode was ATTI until full GPS lock was acquired (less than 10 sec.) then P-Mode GPS 16 locked in. Home point has been set. It then asked me if I wanted to enter "fixed wing mode" before take off??. It did this on all five flights! IMO this was annoying, especially during pre-flight. If I wanted to activate FWM I know how to press C1 during flight.

I believe there is a button on the fixed wing notification to check that will stop it from being shown again.  You will see it if you try different tablets or phones the first time.  After I checked the box, it did not appear again.
2017-5-15
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-11 20:13
Actually I think that may be an issue with Windows 10. Near the end of the update, the Mavic & RC are restarted, this removes the usb device from Windows but it doesn't reappear when either the Mavic or RC is restarted.  Switching it all off and then back on reconnects the usb and the update shows complete.
This can be a problem as in some previous firmware updates, the Mavic has been restarted a couple of times during the update and this problem can cause it to stall.

I have used windows 10 and 10.1 without issue using DJI Asst. 2 to update both Mavic and RC at the same time for the last 4 updates.
2017-5-15
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ay6810 Posted at 2017-5-11 22:52
Hi, I have been using the lower larger USB port with no disconnection if it helps your case.. I'm on Android 7.0 on my off beat ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe and switched off Bluetooth and Wifi but not mobile data so that the map is functioning.  I've had problems with disconnection with the smaller USB port ever since i bought the Mavic Pro.

Thanks, I will try that.  I have tried my Samsung Tab A (it won't connect the USB port, it flashes up to ask make this default, but goes away to quick to touch), my Samsung S 7.9 inch has extreme video lag , but my wife's Samsung Galaxy 9.7" S2 works awesome.  My phone Samsung S7 worked well at under  DJIGO 4 v...4 point, but then became unstable for .5, .55, then OK for .6 for awhile, then unstable with .7.  Once I get it repaired (dropped it onto concrete floor with the case off) I will try again and try using only the 1920x1080 screen mode, also the lowest level "Read" versus the other two fancier screen modes, the bottom USB instead of the side, etc.  To see if anything helps.  People with S7 edge say they are doing fine, I don't think there is much difference between the S7 v S7 edge.

I will try as soon as I get it fixed as the glass is shattered but the phone works.  Experimac is going to replace the top and bottom, costs $250.
2017-5-15
Use props
Skold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239170 ft
United States

MTflyer Posted at 2017-5-14 18:13
Test flight after update and I got a fly away with resulted in three broken props and a torn off gimbal... Thought I had checked everything in preflight. Should have double checked. Maybe someone will read this and be sure to check their setting before flight so the same doesn't happen to them. FYI, repair service links from support are not working either.

What setting did you miss and why do you think your Mavic flew away after the updated FW?
2017-5-15
Use props
SimCab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004498 ft
Italy

Just for info: the update of the RC (via PC using assistant and a micro usb cable) failed (freeze) after reaching 96% update.
The temperature of the RC was high.
I decided to restart the procedure blowing in the cooling grid.
The update was successful!
2017-5-15
Use props
BladeXTR
New
United States

Hello everyone... I just received my Mavic Pro this weekend and after charging all the batteries. I tried running the Firmware updates. I use the computer Assistant 2 and the controller updated to the latest 0700 update. However I cannot get the Quad to update at all... it constantly errors out. Do you have to run all the updates one at  a time or can you directly update to 0700 and will it include all the previous fixes. I think it came default with the 400 update. I have tried everything, watched a ton or YouTube videos on various ways to update, read through all the Forums with no luck. It seems this is a very common issue. So should I just return this thing. It has some calibration error messages with the forward cameras that I can't seem to get calibrated so I was hoping the Firmware would resolve this.

Any ideas or should I just return this thing and get my money back... I haven't even flown it yet.
2017-5-15
Use props
nagra
lvl.1
Netherlands

BladeXTR Posted at 2017-5-15 09:44
Hello everyone... I just received my Mavic Pro this weekend and after charging all the batteries. I tried running the Firmware updates. I use the computer Assistant 2 and the controller updated to the latest 0700 update. However I cannot get the Quad to update at all... it constantly errors out. Do you have to run all the updates one at  a time or can you directly update to 0700 and will it include all the previous fixes. I think it came default with the 400 update. I have tried everything, watched a ton or YouTube videos on various ways to update, read through all the Forums with no luck. It seems this is a very common issue. So should I just return this thing. It has some calibration error messages with the forward cameras that I can't seem to get calibrated so I was hoping the Firmware would resolve this.

Any ideas or should I just return this thing and get my money back... I haven't even flown it yet.

update and keet record button on during update
2017-5-15
Use props
HermanoLoco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462648 ft
Brazil

Hello
I have made more tests after the upgrade and I’m not happy with this firmware.

I get the strong interference message  two or three time per flight. I'm flying in the same place that I was flying before and I never had get this message here before. I checked sensors status and they are ok.

Another thing is my RC become strange. The RC sticks stopped responding but the phone Kept running. I had to use the phone to command the GO HOME function. The C1 and C2 buttons become very lag. I had put the same shortcut in the C2 and in the upper key of the 5 direction button. When I press the 5 key the command is executed automatically, but when i push the C2 button I have lag from 5 to 40 seconds...

The function of correcting the horizon using the shortcut C2 plus right wheel does not work for me. Actually, I've never been able to make it work.

The range seems to be shortened or the signal become more weak becauseu I cant fly more than 900m and i receive the very weak signal alert, the video become low quality and the signal status on the RC and in the APP shows almost no signal.

The RTH works precisely.

I'm thinking of doing a downgrade...
2017-5-15
Use props
fans8ad9eb06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9498 ft
United States

fans243af76a Posted at 2017-5-14 07:47
If you are going to update through the app be sure to turn off WiFi and update using cell data connection, or use dji assistant 2 on computer, as soon as the controller is turned on it will cause some major interference with WiFi signals

Thanks, but it doesn't work no matter what I try. Apparently it's a known issue and they have to push custom firmware through to your account. Not ideal but I'll give it a shot.
2017-5-15
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Another success story for upgrading to .0700 via .0350 w/ record button right here! Woot! Going flying now.  Buying goggles after that...
2017-5-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-15 06:01
I have used windows 10 and 10.1 without issue using DJI Asst. 2 to update both Mavic and RC at the same time for the last 4 updates.

I never had a problem until just recently when Windows 10 updated to the new Creators version 1703. It was a major update and caused problems with several usb devices.
2017-5-15
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

So far so good; 4 charges so far over a the last few days, and has been stable.

Have seen compass error and GPS lost a few times, but not sure if that was due to the repair or 600, as it appeared after coming back from service already at 600. No better nor worse after 700.
2017-5-15
Use props
Flyinglow
lvl.2
Israel

PLEASE DJI!
Please work on the vignetting that the camera makes, please make something to fix this !
2017-5-16
Use props
Eros Trevisan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2828980 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Updated from the dji app with not problem, thank you!
2017-5-16
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-15 06:09
Thanks, I will try that.  I have tried my Samsung Tab A (it won't connect the USB port, it flashes up to ask make this default, but goes away to quick to touch), my Samsung S 7.9 inch has extreme video lag , but my wife's Samsung Galaxy 9.7" S2 works awesome.  My phone Samsung S7 worked well at under  DJIGO 4 v...4 point, but then became unstable for .5, .55, then OK for .6 for awhile, then unstable with .7.  Once I get it repaired (dropped it onto concrete floor with the case off) I will try again and try using only the 1920x1080 screen mode, also the lowest level "Read" versus the other two fancier screen modes, the bottom USB instead of the side, etc.  To see if anything helps.  People with S7 edge say they are doing fine, I don't think there is much difference between the S7 v S7 edge.

I will try as soon as I get it fixed as the glass is shattered but the phone works.  Experimac is going to replace the top and bottom, costs $250.

I tried using the middle USB cable as well as the side USB cable with the following adjustments to my Phone and everything went well.

Samsung S7 settings:  Blue light filter off, Screen Mode Basic, Screen Resolution 1920x1080, Wifi Off, and Blu tooth Off.
2017-5-16
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Several more flights done with .700. Distance of around 700m and no issue at all. Return to home iniated and cancelled up Mavic descending. Gimbal has been fine, no issue. Sound like some of you have had a mixed bag of experiences. Might be because my Mavic is only 3-4 weeks old?

2017-5-16
Use props
fansb33011e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562159 ft
United Kingdom

After upgrading to .700 my gimbal wouldn't self check properly. It ended up pointing downwards and twitching on startup. I rolled back to .600 and it starts properly again.
2017-5-16
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

staying on .400 now,  DJI obviously by their actions have no interest in programming for the user/customer.
2017-5-17
Use props
Craig540
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

3 flights after upgrading to 700 went smooth. Very happy and ready for the goggles...
I started on .400 and have upgraded to each firmware release via Windows 10 with no problems at all. Things seem to be getting better and better !!
2017-5-17
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

PLEASE ADD SWITCH FOR GIMBAL DIRECTION & option to make the gimbal move with the ISO dial PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-5-17
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool-J Posted at 2017-5-9 02:31
Great but lets hope they make a new firmware where you can change the APERTURE of the 2.2 of the Mavic!!!  Thank you for your support DJI

Hope you're not serious about being able to change Mavic aperture with firmware... LOL
2017-5-20
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Iceland

I just took my Mavic to Ice Land with FW 400.....perfect! Amazing, rock solid.  NO issues with hours of flight time, at distances up to max; hi winds, multiple RTH saves (I learned just how far you can venture up and over a 200 m waterfall from 3 km away).  I love Version .400...everyone should be on this!  

My only serious complaint is I am unable to download a video file from the Mavic to my phone so that I can edit it.  What happens is during the download via wifi/Mavic, the app checks the firmware version then you get a popup saying "FW .700 is available..." and it disconnects the download.  Very Very annoying, makes transfering impossible; how can this be stopped????
2017-5-21
Use props
Kal Zakath
lvl.1
France

Poor fools who updated to that version... DJI news about their new "update process" says :

"The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps."
2017-5-21
Use props
flyawaytw
New
Flight distance : 35279 ft
United States

does anyone else notice that it is very unsteady when doing a rth almost losing control wobbling bad.. i never noticed that on previous ver.
2017-5-22
Use props
flyawaytw
New
Flight distance : 35279 ft
United States

flyawaytw Posted at 2017-5-22 01:19
does anyone else notice that it is very unsteady when doing a rth almost losing control wobbling bad.. i never noticed that on previous ver.

thats during a decent btw.
2017-5-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-21 10:12
I just took my Mavic to Ice Land with FW 400.....perfect! Amazing, rock solid.  NO issues with hours of flight time, at distances up to max; hi winds, multiple RTH saves (I learned just how far you can venture up and over a 200 m waterfall from 3 km away).  I love Version .400...everyone should be on this!  

My only serious complaint is I am unable to download a video file from the Mavic to my phone so that I can edit it.  What happens is during the download via wifi/Mavic, the app checks the firmware version then you get a popup saying "FW .700 is available..." and it disconnects the download.  Very Very annoying, makes transfering impossible; how can this be stopped????

Called a otg cable. Connect that up to your phone and a reader to that.

This one seems fancy but should work. https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-A ... ones/dp/B00OCBXIY8/
2017-5-22
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-22 08:52
Called a otg cable. Connect that up to your phone and a reader to that.

This one seems fancy but should work. https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Adapter-Compact-Compatible-Smartphones/dp/B00OCBXIY8/

Yes, thanks.  I thought I have one with me but didn't.  I will for sure have one always when I travel.  I expected the wifi transfer to work well, but it does not at least for me.  During every wifi transfer the DJI GO4 app would report a fw update was available, interrupting the download and killing it.  What I did eventually was turn off wifi on my phone, this block the app from killing the transfer process; problem solved.....but using cable would by much faster and not drain mavic batteries so I will now use this method.  thanks.
2017-5-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-23 07:26
Yes, thanks.  I thought I have one with me but didn't.  I will for sure have one always when I travel.  I expected the wifi transfer to work well, but it does not at least for me.  During every wifi transfer the DJI GO4 app would report a fw update was available, interrupting the download and killing it.  What I did eventually was turn off wifi on my phone, this block the app from killing the transfer process; problem solved.....but using cable would by much faster and not drain mavic batteries so I will now use this method.  thanks.

I think tried to transfer once through the mavic, but that was it. The fan kicks on and it gets hot, was slow too. Yeah otg way to go or get something like the asus travelair.
2017-5-23
Use props
fans3c056e93
New
United States

HI DJI, with the new fly modes of the Spark is there a plan to update those capabilities into the Mavic Pro? for example the face recognition or use the hand to control the drone? Regards.
2017-5-24
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

Almost all things are fine.

But D-Log look wrong now. Prior to .700 I used D-Log often ... so I know how it should look. Now it is almost like "NONE", just slightly brighter.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans82b9e142
New

Hong Kong

Just upgraded to .700 and flying fine at all.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules